IGNORED

Darren Byfield

WarksRed

Agents are a symptom, not the disease.

Stop the mental money going in and Megalomaniac Chairman spending more than they can afford & still being allowed to borrow more to do it (Take Heed Banks) and the agents will virtually disappear.

Mmm very true BB, I wonder how long it will last then?, it's hard sometimes to imagine that professional footy clubs are considered businesses when very few actually show a profit margin, it's not tolerated where i work, if i tell my MD i've just lost him £2m i will be fired instantly and never work again, and rightly so. So by comparison that means Kenyon will be shot at dawn!!!

Even clubs who are financially respected find it hard to make the figures add up, it's just impossible.

So yes, in a weird way it's actually our own fault, we are the stupid Sky subscribers (God i hate RM) , the ST buyers, the paraphernalia purchasers, the misinformed BCFC world subscribers and etc etc..

Meeeh.

I wouldn't be too keen on the signing. IF it goes ahead then fair enough, i'll support him just with the likes of Nade, someone mentioned Jemal Johnson, maybe even Rowan vine or Cameron Jerome at Birmingham, there are players who could be available with age more on their side. They all posses the attributes Byfield does.

I wouldn't be too keen on the signing. IF it goes ahead then fair enough, i'll support him just with the likes of Nade, someone mentioned Jemal Johnson, maybe even Rowan vine or Cameron Jerome at Birmingham, there are players who could be available with age more on their side. They all posses the attributes Byfield does.

So would I, but there's as much chance of SL parting with close on £2m as fly to the moon.Johnson & Nade are more realistic however Nade's meant to be injury prone.

Byfield has the advantage of more pace than the ones we've got and having expereince and strength.He was decent against us at Millwall last season.Johnson's another in the promising dept.

Having spent the TV Money and the windfall, plus vastly increasing the wage bill, barring major sales, this is the level we'll be going for £150-300k or loans.

I reckon we might see a little flurry of activity out if Byfield arrives befoe the deadline......whch is still eight days away.

Love to see the reaction on here if Byfield does sign and scores goals aplenty. He's 30!! So What!!! If Gary Johnson wants to sign him he must think we need him.

If he scores loads you'll all love him but the posts of opposition will still be here on this forum.

Let's face it, most signings are a gamble and no-one knows if any player will be a success at this club until he has signed, settled in and got games under his belt. GJ is paid the big bucks to make decisions on behalf of the club and if he thinks Byfield is that final piece, so be it.

Show support, if you slag of the player you might as well be slagging of GJ for wanting to sign him.

Message ends

Love to see the reaction on here if Byfield does sign and scores goals aplenty. He's 30!! So What!!! If Gary Johnson wants to sign him he must think we need him.

If he scores loads you'll all love him but the posts of opposition will still be here on this forum.

Let's face it, most signings are a gamble and no-one knows if any player will be a success at this club until he has signed, settled in and got games under his belt. GJ is paid the big bucks to make decisions on behalf of the club and if he thinks Byfield is that final piece, so be it.

Show support, if you slag of the player you might as well be slagging of GJ for wanting to sign him.

Message ends

Well ###### said!

Jemal Johnson might have been goer had he not got himself a hamstring injury playing Brigton :doh: shame, would have liked to see him at City.

Grr, there has to be some quality strikers rotting in top class clubs, footballers really pi%% me off sometimes, money grabbing gits, how about just wanting to play Football at a decent club at a decent level? Agents filling their offen empty heads with delusions of grandeur.

I blame agents, i hate them avec le passion, what is the point in a frickin agent? I really don't know, they just like to get paid off other peoples sweat, ###### hate them!!!

I would despise having to work with football agents, i would treat them with the same contempt as i treat cockroaches and blue bottles, they are no better, in fact i would imagine a pint with a few cockroaches would be far more interesting and much less disgusting than having to be in the same room with a football agent, pure scum of the earth.

I don't blame the agents or the footballers for wanting as much money as possible. It annoys me but if I was in the same situation I would want to earn a much money as I could before I retired. A footballers career could end at any time so why not earn the big bucks for as long as possible. No one knows what the future brings and how much financial security a person needs to maintain the lifestyle he has attained during his playing career.

If the shoe was no the other foot, all of us would be very niave not to make as much money as we could. Especially if there are clubs that are willing to pay it

I, for one, think Byfield would be decent signing for us. He surely ticks all the boxs we're after, especially if he's signed on a loan deal.

Cheap = Yes

Experienced = Yes

Proven = Yes

Quick = Yes

Goalscorer = Yes

Different to what we have = Yes

Sounds good to me... :surrender:

He's only on loan if he does come. GJ won't risk signing him permanently.

So he ticks all the boxes and if he doesn't perform we send him back. Absolutely nothing to lose and all to gain.

Absolutely correct. Spoke to a client this morning, he was a trainee with him (at Derby I think) and speaks to him now and again. He said he is a decent bloke, got plenty of pace, will score goals wherever he plays, and reckons him and Trundle would work well together. Sounds good to me..

No real risk if he's on loan, so I can't see a problem. Presuming Trundle is going to be our main man this year you have to consider GJs options alongside him.

Brooker might take a while to really get back to match fitness then sharpness; JMW will hopefully continue on loan and get first team footy there; Enoch is yet to fully find his form since the middle of last season and Jevons (although the only forward with goals this year) is a very similar player to LT. As for Plummer he is off getting games and experience with the U-17s and I can't see hime fully involved for at least a season at first team level.

Byfield could provide another, more physical option.

Yep.

Oh. I include all the no shows from last season - they count as well you see.

He's had his chance, and he's thrown it away.

did he not score more than Jevo last term? without him we'd be looking forward to a mouthwatering match at home to Walsall tomorrow... luvly. GJ will stand by him and others for getting us promoted and rightly so.

I'd defo keep him as a squad player... he can and will score goals at this level... he's just not your 90 mins man every match I give you that.

I agree.

Unless they can find a club and seal a deal in 7 days, then they're stuck with him until January.

Up to them, but if thats what they do then they are stupid.

Did GJ not say he was prepared to buy him? I guess the offer was too low then. he said he thought the timing was too short to sign him but that seems a bit odd to me; i am sure deals will be done right up until the last minute. Sounds like we have given Donachie a couple of options and he's spat em both out.

Donachie said that others are interested.

GJ said that we can offer championship football.

Maybe the others are in league 1 or 2, in which case Byfield would prefer to come here - at the end of the day it's up to him where he goes.

This aint over yet.

maybe you are right, maybe others are in champs, maybe it is over.

not that bovvered. Sproule,... get ready for action.

Archived