IGNORED

Flag Day's On Match Days

cider head

A Loose enquiry has been made to Dave L about having an alternative to red and white nights (or as well as).

Simply a flag day which hopefully the club, fan groups can then promote in unison in each stand not just the East End.

The flag day up the Lions was a resounding success now if all pulled in the same direction even for one game the outcome could really make an impact. Even the Supporters club might want to do some supporting as the ST have said they would

chip in and help raise money for the the massive flag that is being made which can be used around the ground,

£930 is the final cost of the flag, which a collection will be made at games soon, the flag would be kept at ashton gate.

So far the response has been receptive from Dave L.

So it's a case of putting ideas forward.

I still think The East End & Ashton gate can be made to look like

a celebration of St Georges day/Wurzel day.

I have mentioned this at the club and the initial response has been very positive. As CH says it's a good opportunity to get everyone pulling together. There are some issues which I need to discuss with a few people at the Gate next week but we should be able to make a definite decision on whether this is possible quite quickly. In the meantime might I suggest that you all have a think about how you might get hold of as many flags as possible. Two issues to consider are: 1: no-one wants to be stuck behind someone who is waving a flag in their face during the game and 2: any pole supporting the flag which could be considered as dangerous will not be allowed. Thin plastic pole is OK, broom handle or metal spike .. probably not :-)

So keep things moving forward on here and I'll get back to you.

:englandsmile4wf:

I have mentioned this at the club and the initial response has been very positive. As CH says it's a good opportunity to get everyone pulling together. There are some issues which I need to discuss with a few people at the Gate next week but we should be able to make a definite decision on whether this is possible quite quickly. In the meantime might I suggest that you all have a think about how you might get hold of as many flags as possible. Two issues to consider are: 1: no-one wants to be stuck behind someone who is waving a flag in their face during the game and 2: any pole supporting the flag which could be considered as dangerous will not be allowed. Thin plastic pole is OK, broom handle or metal spike .. probably not :-)

Maybe each stand could do their own thing. Everybody in red in the Atyeo, flags everywhere in the EE and grey beards in the Williams.

thanks dave

I think instead of having Flags on poles were thinking of using flags like they are used in England games. You know like covering every each in space available with a flag. Maybe it's something the Supporters trust could help with in the way they did with the foam hands. Could also be a good earner for the club as on a flag day more flags are likely to be purchased from the club shop.

Although something to consider would be for the club to go around the ground selling flags like they do with programs or have stalls set up at various parts of the ground if at all possible. Many people like myself don't want to waste valuable drinking time on trying to get into the club shop. I don't live near Ashton Gate so the only time I go to AG is a match day so if there was someone selling flags on flag day outside the EE entrance for instance I would most likely buy one.

A Loose enquiry has been made to Dave L about having an alternative to red and white nights (or as well as).

Simply a flag day which hopefully the club, fan groups can then promote in unison in each stand not just the East End.

The flag day up the Lions was a resounding success now if all pulled in the same direction even for one game the outcome could really make an impact. Even the Supporters club might want to do some supporting as the ST have said they would

chip in and help raise money for the the massive flag that is being made which can be used around the ground,

£930 is the final cost of the flag, which a collection will be made at games soon, the flag would be kept at ashton gate.

So far the response has been receptive from Dave L.

So it's a case of putting ideas forward.

I still think The East End & Ashton gate can be made to look like

a celebration of St Georges day/Wurzel day.

How about we give this idea a 2nd go as This time we have 1200 fans instead of 242 , Derby is on tv

:englandsmile4wf::englandsmile4wf::englandsmile4wf::englandsmile4wf:

Anyone watching the Aberdeen video should be thinking, "now that would look good at Ashton Gate". To bring that sort of look and atmosphere to the Championship would be awesome.

For the very big flags, on a practical level, it would be good to have somewhere to store them at the Gate between games. Big George, and I suspect the one that is being made, have got to be heavy and not easy to transport.

When I went to Barcelona, before the game, several fans went to the front of the stands and waved these huge flags on long bendy poles as the teams came out. Very impressive.

If the fans drive this, it can be a real success :city:

Anything planned for the first game of the season and Sky?

This hughe flag is full of small holes so you can easily watch the game although the stand is covered. It is also fire safe and the total weight for a 5 x 6 m. flag is less than 6 kg.

http://www.svedlundsflagg.se/stora_flaggor.htm

Whatever flag you choose I'll pay my part :fingerscrossed:

Cheers

Tommy

The giant flag has been abandoned for the moment unless others want to do it so there is just big george.

This is easier to concentrate on - http://www.bcfc3lions.co.uk/update.html

No probelm. How do I pay?

When "Help OTIB get rid of the blue" is finished maybee we can have a "Help OTIB hoist the flag" with a flag pole instead of a circle?

An isolated donation for the sake is another and probably faster alternative :englandsmile4wf:

Percy Parrot had no problem rising money for the Wembley flag.

Stupid Swedes.. :innocent06:

No probelm. How do I pay?

When "Help OTIB get rid of the blue" is finished maybee we can have a "Help OTIB hoist the flag" with a flag pole instead of a circle?

An isolated donation for the sake is another and probably faster alternative :englandsmile4wf:

Percy Parrot had no problem rising money for the Wembley flag.

Stupid Swedes.. :innocent06:

Aberdeen :laugh:

The big issue for me with all this is trust.

I've just ordered a new 10ft x 5ft 'Bristol City FC' St George Flag at a pricey sum to take away to the England games and whilst I'd be all in favour of showing it off down the Gate, how could we as fans make sure that no random pikey runs off with it? :dunno:

Great idea in principle but I don't see how that can be guaranteed if you get my drift.

I've just ordered a new 10ft x 5ft 'Bristol City FC' St George Flag at a pricey sum to take away to the England games and whilst I'd be all in favour of showing it off down the Gate, how could we as fans make sure that no random pikey runs off with it? :dunno:

Great idea in principle but I don't see how that can be guaranteed if you get my drift.

So you won't trust City fans but you will take a flag to an England game away where there will be thousands of random all sorts.

So you won't trust City fans but you will take a flag to an England game away where there will be thousands of random all sorts.

No, not at all. It's different in bigger, better grounds than the Gate where you can hang it from the front of the stand or pin it to the back of the stand and keep an eye on it. The same can be said when you hang it up in a square and you booze next to it or at least with it in eyeshot. The point I'm making is that the EE is different to all that so I don't see how you could personally guarantee it.

Rather than starting a new thread, I have just started one on Ziderheads about a flag I have just bought.. I am not sure what writing to put on it, but I am thinking of Basso down the left hand side, and Always Believe across the bottom.. Any thoughts guys??? It's going in the EE somewhere, hopefully somewhere Basso can see it! Saw it today and thought it would be a bit different to the usual footie flags.

9bgar4.jpg

What do you reckon???

Untill the club provides space for fans to keep flags in a proper locked place then you will have to carry it down each week like me and a number of others do.

Archived