IGNORED

Thoughts...

Godzilla

Ok, here we go...

1. For 10 minutes in the first half we actually played some good football. But we aren't direct enough. We need to run at defenders more, we need to believe we can score goals, because until we do we ain't going to win matches!

2. Scotty's got to relax. Got a great reception today, and worked his backside off. It just wouldn't run for him, and he was trying to hard. I hope everyones expectations are lowered slightly now, and hopefully he can play his usual game. Sympathy for the guy aside now, he was actually woeful. The worst I've seen him in a City shirt. I say that as a warning, more than anything!

3. Trinidad-Tony was lively, and got about really well. But first touch was average at best and gave the ball away on numerous occasions. But if we can get him in behind teams, we might see something productive from him. Like Murray, probably trying too hard to impress.

4. Wilson is beyond a joke. Wilkshire was playing well, yet he sacrifices for Woodman to revert to a 5-3-2 (or atleast I assume that was the idea!). Why an earth do you persistantly take off our most attacking midfielder when we are struggling to break a team down? He's one guy who gets into the box, yet he brings him off when Tinnion is poor and Doherty is knackered. Yeah, good one.

5. Going on from point 4... In the last 5 minutes Butler goes into a centre forward role. With Lee Miller on the bench (When he should be starting ahead of Peacock anyway!), he puts a defender upfront to act as target man, something Lee is particularly good at. Like his confidence needed denting even more! As far as man management goes, Wilson scores 0 out of 10. As far as being able to pick a team up, he gets 0 out of 10. When a team needs lifting, they look to their manager. It can't be the most inspiring sight in the world to see your gaffer leaning casually against his dugout looking on without emotion.

6. Finally, what's this continious problem with Christian Roberts. Those of you (yes, you) who spend all match moaning about Roberts, shouting abuse at him, telling us all how rubbish he is and how much you hate the guy just ain't worth the bother. Can't you just get behind the team? I have never seen someone used as a scapegoat so frequently by City fans in my life, it's unbelievable. Every little mistake he makes is greeted by boos and shouts of abuse at him. What's the point? How is it helping anyone? Maybe a confident Christian Roberts might be able to produce something half decent. (This comment is made by the ratio that with over 1000 users on this forum, at the very least 50+ of you shout stupid, pointless comments at Roberts every time he plays).

With QPR's result we've been let out of jail again. But I hope you realise by this time next week, 2nd place could be gone.

Hope for the best.

Guest torquay red

Good comments mate,just as a matter of interest what position did roberts play in when he came on?I actually rate the bloke,hes got pace and can run at defences and scare the crap out of them,if hes in the right position!I dont think picking on individual players is going to help,at the end of the day if the manager makes wrong choices its down to him.

"lets hope on saturday we get behind the boys from the start RED ARMY"

That goes without saying. Meanwhile, please can we all try to reduce our fickleness? When we hit the 11th straight win, those "Wilson must go" posts dried up. Then we hit this bad patch and many people called for Murray to be signed. Are Vale that good a team, or has signing Murray not worked after all?

Anyway, today is dead & gone, but our promo hopes haven't. As whitesat2000 asks let's all get behind OUR team on Saturday and dent some other team's promo hoops! (not a misprint, but a pun).

"lets hope on saturday we get behind the boys from the start RED ARMY"

That goes without saying.  Meanwhile, please can we all try to reduce our fickleness?  When we hit the 11th straight win, those "Wilson must go" posts dried up.  Then we hit this bad patch and many people called for Murray to be signed.  Are Vale that good a team, or has signing Murray not worked after all?

Anyway, today is dead & gone, but our promo hopes haven't.  As whitesat2000 asks let's all get behind OUR team on Saturday and dent some other team's promo hoops! (not a misprint, but a pun).

That'll be why I've refrained on the 'Wilson Out' comments for now.

My other comments on the idiot guy are, in my opinion, true anyway!

yeah good post, i have to agree...

i never expected too much from scotty it will come in time

but time i feel we don't have this season, it still takes us

back to the no1 problem and that is danny wilson he has

a very nice looking jig saw puzzel in bristol city it is a dam

shame he doesn't have a clue where the pices go :whistle:

Archived