IGNORED

Moral Dilemma

Sir Colby-Tit

Need some advice here folks.

One of my clients has invited me to go to the *gulp* Sadsag Vs Leeds match on 14th September. Will be the whole corporate jolly thing, meal first and all that.

I've never been to see a Rovers game (unless they're playing City of course). However, the client would really like me to go and it may be a bit rude to say no.

This is really bothering me & I need to let them know today.

Please guys, what would you do?

One of my clients has invited me to go to the *gulp* Sadsag Vs Leeds match on 14th September. Will be the whole corporate jolly thing, meal first and all that.

I've never been to see a Rovers game (unless they're playing City of course). However, the client would really like me to go and it may be a bit rude to say no.

Go and get tanked up on the free booze

Drink about 15 cans of Natch during the day so that by the time kick off comes, you will be asleep and miss the game. And say that you had a terrible nights sleep the previous night and are very tired.

Nothing wrong with encouraging Leeds though!!!

Nothing wrong with encouraging Leeds though!!!

Urgh there is. Not sure who I want to lose the most. Ideally, the game would be called off after 5 minutes due to a poor pitch. Dock Rovers 10 points for a bad pitch and then Leeds to be docked points for fielding an inelligible player.

Stewart

Urgh there is. Not sure who I want to lose the most. Ideally, the game would be called off after 5 minutes due to a poor pitch. Dock Rovers 10 points for a bad pitch and then Leeds to be docked points for fielding an inelligible player.

Stewart

I know who i'd rather have lose every time!!

Ask yourself is this a client you really want to do business with????, I don't think so.

See it as a business trip!! It wont hurt you to go to a gas game, andy you don't have to support the gas do you?

Went to a similar thing when the Blue Few were playing away at Colchester several years ago. The Sags eventually lost 5-4 having been ahead three times; if memory serves me right, they were winning with five minutes to go. Laugh, I nearly s....... :innocent06:

:laugh: I'me sorry, but I cant associate the word moral with Sir Colby Tit. With that in mind, you cant possibly have a moral dilemma. Just wear some fashion shades, eat and drink at their expense and talk about sex and the City.

Get smashed out yer chop,s, wear a leeds scarf, and give the gas as much as poss......

Went to a similar thing when the Blue Few were playing away at Colchester several years ago. The Sags eventually lost 5-4 having been ahead three times; if memory serves me right, they were winning with five minutes to go. Laugh, I nearly s....... :innocent06:

Corporate hospitality at Layer Road? What was it like?

:laugh: I'me sorry, but I cant associate the word moral with Sir Colby Tit. With that in mind, you cant possibly have a moral dilemma. Just wear some fashion shades, eat and drink at their expense and talk about sex and the City.

CGS - On reflection - you are right, I am morally challenged.

One thing I would like to clear up though - I am not qualified to discuss Sex and the City. My missus has the box set, but I can categorically state that I have never watched it. I would watch it for the muff but Sarah Jessica Parker has bandy legs and they scare me.

Thanks for all the advice chaps. I have phoned my client to accept the invite. Will just have to get bladdered & make the best of it. Might even try one of their famous pasties.

Robbored - any chance of a lift?

I went to a corporate day at gloucester ccc, which I enjoyed greatly but was bad enough being in same neighbourhood. I would politely suggest your client switches to hospitality at the scunny game the week later? also shouldnt you be paying for your client? or it this a sick joke he is playing on you...

if not then in theory leeds should win though, so you can enjoy a loss. wear your city y-fronts and also you might want to wipe your feet and have a wash on the way out...also you could ejoy the grub / booze then make your excuses and leave?

Did cross my mind, but can't look a gift horse in the mouth. WTF does that mean anyway? What's a gift horse & why wouldn't you want to look in it's mouth. Weird.

You'd only want to look into it's mouth to get an idication of the horses age. Then you'll know the true value of the gift of the horse.

Archived