IGNORED

The Game I'm Most Looking Forward To

One Team

It may not sound the most attractive of fixtures but the game I'm looking forward to most this season is Stoke City at home.

This will be the first opportunity we've all had to give the worst manager in our club's history the "welcome back" he truly deserves.

I'm not normally one to bear a grudge or harbour ill feelings towards people but having witnessed (along with you all no doubt) the disgraceful performances, signings, management and ultimately relationship with the fans he had during his reign its hard not too.

I can't think of anyone in the modern era more befitting of being booed at Ashton Gate.

(or maybe Ian Baird! ;-) )

A win that day would be a superb way to say "have that!".

One Team

ps Yes, I've had years of counselling trying to get over that period! ;-)

With you 100%. Looking forward to it more than any other as well. My contempt for Pulis is beyond measurement, I almost needed sectioning towards the end of his tenure and more so after he left whenhe started making some very provocative remarks through the media. It was as close as I've felt we've come to having someone who is acting against us.

Booing is too good for this guy. I suggest we re-position the fireworks by the Atyeo tunnel so that they're under his bench.

It may not sound the most attractive of fixtures but the game I'm looking forward to most this season is Stoke City at home.

This will be the first opportunity we've all had to give the worst manager in our club's history the "welcome back" he truly deserves.

I know its regarded as heresy but, much as I didn't like the bloke, Pulis was right in terms of his analysis of where we were going wrong. He realised that he needed to break the drinking and idling culture and he realised he couldn't do it overnight. Unfortunately, he didn't have the personality to win the fans or the players over in order to carry this through. However, neither Danny Wilson nor Brian Tinnion did anything about the situation, and it took six years for Gary Johnson to arrive and do what Pulis said was necessary. For that reason I don't rate him as the worst manager City has ever had (even in my living memory we have had worse managers in Bobby Houchen, Jimmy Lumsden and, I'm sorry to say, Brian Tinnion).

The problem for us, with Pulis, is that he keeps a lot of clean sheets and sneaks a lot of 1-0 wins. I think this match will be one of, if not, the toughest games for us at home this season. if we beat Stoke we will be doing very well.

For that reason alone I look forward to it more than most.

Most anticipated home game - Southampton.

Most anticipated away game - Ninnian Park - don't you just love it?

why southampton?

for me...

Most anticipated home game (1 of 2) - Barnsley (Dec 2, day before my birthday) and Cardiff

Most anticipated away game (1 of 2) Cardiff or Plymouth, both for obvious reasons

..as posted the other day, in his pre-match Radio Bristol interview Steve Lansdown picked out Stoke City & specifically Tony Pulis's return as one of the games he's particularly looking forwards to at AG this year.

(no love lost there... should be good!)

so get yer anti Pulis chants worked out & prepare for Stoke!

..as posted the other day, in his pre-match Radio Bristol interview Steve Lansdown picked out Stoke City & specifically Tony Pulis's return as one of the games he's particularly looking forwards to at AG this year.

(no love lost there... should be good!)

so get yer anti Pulis chants worked out & prepare for Stoke!

Already planned mate!

The Stoke City managers scars are deep in my soul! ;-)

(can't bring myself to utter the name....)

I wonder if Landsdown will shake hands?

One Team

I'm not normally one to bear a grudge or harbour ill feelings towards people but having witnessed (along with you all no doubt) the disgraceful performances, signings, management and ultimately relationship with the fans he had during his reign its hard not too.

I can't think of anyone in the modern era more befitting of being booed at Ashton Gate.

(or maybe Ian Baird! ;-) )

A win that day would be a superb way to say "have that!".

One Team

ps Yes, I've had years of counselling trying to get over that period! ;-)

well said i remember the pulis days and have a lot i want to get off my chest and as my season ticket is right behind the vistiors dug out rest asssured clueless will get all barrels

Just for signing Peter Beadle, Pulis deserves a very very warm welcome, that was £200k wasted.

I detested Beadle, but compared to Steve Jones, Burns, Holland, Mortimer and Lavin amongst agent Pulis's large hall of shame, Beadle was by their standards almost a good Pulis signing!

I hate the bloke with a passion.

Archived