IGNORED

How Did Weale Play Last Night?

Big Red Rich

I thought he played well. A good diving save with the ball moving alot in the wind (and rain). I think he pulled off a great point blank save but it was at the other end and visibility was poor due to the driving rain and a mass of players obscuring the view. Kicking was controlled and long on a tough night for keepers. Wasn't troubled too much with crosses as there weren't many, and Keogh, Fonts and Vasko dealt with most of them. Having said this Brentford were pretty poor, but still a clean sheet on a dirty night!

I didn't go but for those that did, how did Chris play? It sounds like he may have been largely untroubled but it would be good to know as it was his first competitive game for a while.

Would be interested to hear your thoughts.

Thanks,

Rich.

Someone will correct me if I am wrong but I think last night was his 4th clean sheet in a row

2 pre season clean sheets (Swindon / Weston) only ones in our pre season I think

1 for Hereford on Saturday

and last night..

Coincedence?

maybe not

Hope not

Someone will correct me if I am wrong but I think last night was his 4th clean sheet in a row

2 pre season clean sheets (Swindon / Weston) only ones in our pre season I think

and last night..

Coincedence?

maybe not

Hope not

The less said about Torquay the better :disapointed2se:

Was quite impressed with Weale last night. As said above, couldn't really see what was going on up the other end much, but made a few decent saves, if nothing overly spectacular, down our end.

Also seemed to hold onto pretty much everything, which seeing how slippery the ball must have been (it was pi$sing it down most of the game), was very impressive.

I didn't go but for those that did, how did Chris play? It sounds like he may have been largely untroubled but it would be good to know as it was his first competitive game for a while.

Would be interested to hear your thoughts.

Thanks,

Rich.

Hi Rich,

He looked very comfortable.

Held on to a couple of diving saves that some keepers might have been tempted to turn around for a corner given the conditions.

Judging by Hendersons performance on Saturday, we now have 3 very decent keepers.

Nick

PS - none of the saves were as good as yours against the Gas though....

and last night..

Coincedence?

maybe not

Hope not

Weale didn't play against Weston - Henderson did so that's 3 clean sheets not 4

Think he should start Saturday if Basso isn't able to, good save made infront of the City fans in the first half with the well hit bouncing ball.

He will play on Saturday if Basso is still out injured.Thats why Weale played last night.

He looked ok against Boro' last season in the Cup but thats the only time I've seen him play.He's quite experienced having played loads of league games for Yeovil and Johnson obviously rates him as he brought to him City from his old club. I would have no worries about Weale filling for in Basso and who knows maybe he'd impress enough to keep Basso out of the side.

Archived