IGNORED

Phil Jevons

Shockwave

Why does everybody hate Jevons?

Top goalscorer last season, done well pre-season and scored 2 good goals against Brentford aswell as having a good game?

Nobody 'hates' Jevons at all. Its more to do with his performances last season which have been slagged to death on here.Fans were simply not impressed despite him being top scorer. Words such 'slow' 'lightwieght' 'no pace' and 'awol during games' were common.

However...He does seem to have got his act together so far this season.Scoring regularly and looking the part.Maybe he's set out to prove his doubters wrong and is motivated to impress the fans.Lets hope so.

I for one hope that he can win the faithfull over.

I'll tell you why, shall I? Cos he's rubbish. 7 league goals from open play last season is not good enough in a team that got promoted. 2 goals against a below average League 2 outfit doesn't suddenly make him Pele. He is lazy and, if he's not scoring goals (which is a rarity), he brings absolutely nothing to the team. Thats why

I'll tell you why, shall I? Cos he's rubbish. 7 league goals from open play last season is not good enough in a team that got promoted. 2 goals against a below average League 2 outfit doesn't suddenly make him Pele. He is lazy and, if he's not scoring goals (which is a rarity), he brings absolutely nothing to the team. Thats why

Against Brentford he played really well and last season rovers were a league 2 team and we lost to team (sorry for bringing it up)

If you are talking about the Jevons of last season then I and many fans would agree with your assessment but those that saw him in pre-season and at Brentford are saying that this season Jevons is looking a better and more determined player.

I'm prepared to give the guy another chance.Last season is gone and Jevons himself will know that he didn't impress the faithfull that much.I hope he is able to find and maintain some form and maybe the arrival of Trundle will help with that.They certainly seem to link well together.

If Jevons fades and starts putting in inept performances like last season then he will have blown his chance to redeem himself.

Time will tell.

Against Brentford he played really well and last season rovers were a league 2 team and we lost to team (sorry for bringing it up)

Sorry to bring this up, too, but Rovers were a team high on confidence and about to embark on a run that would ultimately lead to promotion. Brentford are a side that have been assembled by free transfer journey men, with a new manager, having been relegated last season. A bit of a difference, there Chief

Why does everybody hate Jevons?

Top goalscorer last season, done well pre-season and scored 2 good goals against Brentford aswell as having a good game?

I don't hate him,In fact I'm sure he a very nice person,it not a personal attack..... I just happen to think he's not very a good player and way out of his level in the Championship as he was last season in League 1.

I'm here and ready for Mr J to prove me wrong but I won't be holding my breath, a couple of goals against a League 2 side in free fall dosent cut it for me.

11 goals that helped get us promoted

at the start of the season the aim was for the team to get promotion, they did that, therefore he did his job!

In that case, so did Andy Smith but I wouldn't like to see him in a City shirt again. I'm up for Jevons proving me wrong, but until he does, I won't change my view that he's not up to the job

I don't hate him,In fact I'm sure he a very nice person,it not a personal attack..... I just happen to think he's not very a good player and way out of his level in the Championship as he was last season in League 1.

I'm here and ready for Mr J to prove me wrong but I won't be holding my breath, a couple of goals against a League 2 side in free fall dosent cut it for me.

How do you know that?????

I always try to remain positive about city players and I think Jevons will be our top goal scorer again this season. I never accepted that he was going to be moved on but there must be reasons why he didnt appear to be 100% last season. There were times when I was sure he was going to be replaced at half time due to injury - but apparently he wasnt injured but he didnt close people down was slow getting back into position from a broken down attack etc...

It appears whatever it was that stopped him playing to his full potential has disappeared and all I need to know is that he is now focused 100% and we'll get the best out of him - I think his best is good enough for the championship but hey I just saw a goal on espn scored by Barmby - the assist from Jevons.

Get behind the players and stop the questioning of their abilities until such time you have consistent evidence that can back up your view point. Btw same goes for Vasko - saw enough of the chap to know he's a good acquisition and until I see consistent errors not rectifed by English training by 2 of the country's most highly qualified coaches then my initial impressions are not going to be changed.

Get behind the players and stop the questioning of their abilities until such time you have consistent evidence that can back up your view point. .

Thats the problem with some peoples opinion of Jevons - its based on last season which most agree was not his best.I admit that I was one of his fiercest critics back then.

But he starts this season with a clean slate as far as I'm concerned and I really hope he can start putting in a full shift and banging in the goals. I'll be the first to come on here signing his praises should he put in the performances that deserve them.

If you are talking about the Jevons of last season then I and many fans would agree with your assessment but those that saw him in pre-season and at Brentford are saying that this season Jevons is looking a better and more determined player.

I'm prepared to give the guy another chance.Last season is gone and Jevons himself will know that he didn't impress the faithfull that much.I hope he is able to find and maintain some form and maybe the arrival of Trundle will help with that.They certainly seem to link well together.

If Jevons fades and starts putting in inept performances like last season then he will have blown his chance to redeem himself.

Time will tell.

I have to put my hand up and say I've been on here bemoaning Jevons efforts - especially after seeing him at Brentford last season. However on Wednesday he got around the pitch and the way he slapped the first of his 2 in before half-time I was thinking "Christ he's got a bit of confidence going"

Agreed though time will tell.

Bloody Trundle though - jesus - they couldn't get him off the ball!

How do you know that?????

As you asked first!

My opinion is based on watching him for a full season in league 1. He looked distinctly average at best and struggled to make an impact, thus I feel he's no where near good enough to cut it at Championship Level. I can only judge the bloke on what he shown me to date.

Like I keep saying I'm wating to be proved wrong!

Give the lad a break, he is quality, a lot of players take time to adjust to a new club and a return of 17 goals in all competitions is not a bad first season. I really cannot understand some of you so called fans, if i was you i would head over to the mem, some proper shite on display over their know doubt.

IMO PJ and LT is a very tasty combination :fingerscrossed:

Give the lad a break, he is quality, a lot of players take time to adjust to a new club and a return of 17 goals in all competitions is not a bad first season. I really cannot understand some of you so called fans, if i was you i would head over to the mem, some proper shite on display over there no doubt.

I think Phil Jevons is great and he's the best player down there.... :bonkers:

Am I more of a fan now BS35 :rolleyes:

Give the lad a break, he is quality, a lot of players take time to adjust to a new club and a return of 17 goals in all competitions is not a bad first season. I really cannot understand some of you so called fans, if i was you i would head over to the mem, some proper shite on display over their know doubt.

IMO PJ and LT is a very tasty combination :fingerscrossed:

What with chips?.............. :noexpression:

Thats the problem with some peoples opinion of Jevons - its based on last season which most agree was not his best.I admit that I was one of his fiercest critics back then.

Erm, the people praising him are basing it on pre season, against League 1/Non League teams.

So in that sense, both arguments are irrelevant.

Are you old enough to remember Tinnions first season? I'd hazard a guess that your not. Don't judge a player on one season.

Are you old enough to remember Tinnions first season? I'd hazard a guess that your not. Don't judge a player on one season.

very very good shout, people bang on about him being a legend, but it took him a while to actually produce, after a couple of seasons he wanted to leave, there was no interest in him apart for the offer of a trial from Port Vale, which he was rejected from, it wasn't until City went down he actually produced any sort of form.

very very good shout, people bang on about him being a legend, but it took him a while to actually produce, after a couple of seasons he wanted to leave, there was no interest in him apart for the offer of a trial from Port Vale, which he was rejected from, it wasn't until City went down he actually produced any sort of form.

And if I remember correctly Tin man was subject to terrible abuse on and off the field. I would not like the same to happen to Jevons just for having a poor season (yes his first season was poor). But for some people on here to apparently HATE him for it is just pathetic imo.

Archived