IGNORED

Season Ticket Seat Transfers

StapleHillPhil

I've just rang the ticket office to buy a ticket for my brother and to move my seat for the S****horpe game only to be told that this is only possible if buying a juvenille ticket.

I was under the impression the ST had held discussions with the club about this and they'd dropped this new policy.

As it stands they've lost £23 (plus booking fee) as I doubt my bro would be too keen on travelling up from Torquay and risk finding the only two seats together on the day have a naff view.

On the plus side I was in the queue for some time so they've made a few pennies from the phone line.

I've just rang the ticket office to buy a ticket for my brother and to move my seat for the S****horpe game only to be told that this is only possible if buying a juvenille ticket.

I was under the impression the ST had held discussions with the club about this and they'd dropped this new policy.

As it stands they've lost £23 (plus booking fee) as I doubt my bro would be too keen on travelling up from Torquay and risk finding the only two seats together on the day have a naff view.

On the plus side I was in the queue for some time so they've made a few pennies from the phone line.

What's the general policy on this? When I got my ST I asked them what I have to do when my dad (infrequently) accompanies me? He will probably want to come to ManCity but wouldn't bother if he isn't sitting near me.

Can I just ring up the ticket office and ask for two seats together but only pay for one as I've already got a ST?

Can I just ring up the ticket office and ask for two seats together but only pay for one as I've already got a ST?

That was always the process in the past and it was a doddle.

At the start of this season they ditched that as it was too much of a pain in the rear for the ticket office apparently. I think the club have now realised this would pish off ST holders who bring friends/family along every now again and that they'd risk losing out on revenue.

For reasons I can't understand you can only move seats for S****horpe if you turn up with a 9 nine year old and wear a 'kiss me quick' hat.

That was always the process in the past and it was a doddle.

At the start of this season they ditched that as it was too much of a pain in the rear for the ticket office apparently. I think the club have now realised this would pish off ST holders who bring friends/family along every now again and that they'd risk losing out on revenue.

For reasons I can't understand you can only move seats for S****horpe if you turn up with a 9 nine year old and wear a 'kiss me quick' hat.

Look on the brightside, at least your brother can provide you with the hat

• SC&T Board Members

It would appear that the ticket office / commercial department have not yet got around to doing what CS told the Trust would be done, i.e. that ST holders WOULD be able as previously to move seats to sit with visiting friends or relatives as long as they arranged this in advance.

You might wish to draw the ticket office manager's attention to the reply given to this question in the paragraph about this on the Trust site:

Club answers a number of Trust questions

The information contained in that piece came directly from CS and was confirmed by him as correct prior to being published.

I'm STILL waiting for my season ticket book. Just rang the clubshop they said they sent it out Monday and its got lost so I have to make a special trip to go and get it!! Why they don't send them out recorded delivery suprises me must cost them alot of money to replace lost ones. :redcard:

Indeed, I did speak with the club and was told that it would be possible to swap tickets in advance for the Scunny game onwards. Seems that message hasn't reached the ticket office yet. I will try and chase this up this afternoon. If you contact the club, do refer to the Trust article above as it was agreed with CS.

The ticket office are great. I went in today to get the away shirt and Murray 7 on the back, and whilst they were doing that I purchased an under 16 ticket and swapped my ST seat. That was done and then the woman said "£13 please"

"Erm, thought it was a quid for under 16?"

"No"

"Well thats what it said on the internet last night when I checked"

"Well I don't think so, I'll just check"

Called out to the manager (I think) and he said yeah that's right.

"Oh, that'll be £1 please"

It's a bloody good job some people know the pricing structures - even if it is only the supporters!!!!

Archived