IGNORED

Goal Music

Cardy

Thinking back to the QPR game I thought the music was excellent when we scored and everyone seemed well up for joining in together and clapping etc.. What did everyone else think and what was the music ? I am looking forward to it again against Scunny and Man City.

Thinking back to the QPR game I thought the music was excellent when we scored and everyone seemed well up for joining in together and clapping etc.. What did everyone else think and what was the music ? I am looking forward to it again against Scunny and Man City.

We don't need music to tell us how to celebrate. I'm sorry, it's my bugbear. Turn the bloody stuff off when we score and stop intruding on our celebrations. Before and after the game, great. But not during it.. It's naff. We're not at a baseball game.

We don't need music to tell us how to celebrate. I'm sorry, it's my bugbear. Turn the bloody stuff off when we score and stop intruding on our celebrations. Before and after the game, great. But not during it.. It's naff. We're not at a baseball game.

Come on, lighten up are kid. Tis only a bit of fun, and adds to the atmos.

When we score, after the initial roar which lasts about 5 - 10 seconds, the noise then gradually reduces to an applause, and finally to everyone re-taking their seats.

I see no harm in having some adrenalin pumping, fast tempo music to extend my celebration from 10 seconds to 20 seconds, before giving it the usual City sing-song celebrations.

C'mon Red Top, enjoy yerself. Footy is about letting your hair down and enjoying the moment. Goals don't come about too often, so anything that gets nyon 17,000 people singing and clapping and jumping to the same tune is ok in my book.

shurrup redtop i thought it was great all the fans joining in. :fastasleep:

I agree - playing cheesy music after we score a goal is really tacky. It always annoys me.

I hate it personally, I agree with RedTop - it's just tacky and too American.

If theyre going to play something at least play somethin BCFC related - Chelsea Dagger will be played at about 20-30 football grounds this season when the home team scores. We should either try something specific to us or just let the crowd blow the roof off.

Come on, lighten up are kid. Tis only a bit of fun, and adds to the atmos.

When we score, after the initial roar which lasts about 5 - 10 seconds, the noise then gradually reduces to an applause, and finally to everyone re-taking their seats.

I see no harm in having some adrenalin pumping, fast tempo music to extend my celebration from 10 seconds to 20 seconds, before giving it the usual City sing-song celebrations.

C'mon Red Top, enjoy yerself. Footy is about letting your hair down and enjoying the moment. Goals don't come about too often, so anything that gets nyon 17,000 people singing and clapping and jumping to the same tune is ok in my book.

ITs rubbish and takes away the atmosphere by stifling the chants that follow goals by drowning them out.

Its not ice hockey or needed.

Whats Chelsea got to do with City? That music is played by seven or eight sides as well.

In your opinion, in mine it just adds to the spur of the moment excitement.

Who gives a damn its called Chelsea Dagger - we're not all jumping up and shouting Chelsea are we ?

Its a catchy sing a long tune that gets the majority of people joining in to create a louder happier atmosphere.

Lighten up - who cares if other teams play it as well....!

Who gives a damn its called Chelsea Dagger - we're not all jumping up and shouting Chelsea are we ?

Its a catchy sing a long tune that gets the majority of people joining in to create a louder happier atmosphere.

Lighten up? It's an opinion, thats all.

But it does not add to the atmosphere, it detracts and often subdues the post goal celebration by detroying the chants which often follow the goal. I have seen it time and time again, bloke starts chant, cue music end of chant. That lightens zero.

Chelsea dagger is used by umpteen sides as well as rugby and if fans have to be subjected to this invasion how about something fans here relate to instead of this unamingative ditty which has bugger all to do with the West Country?

Better still have a vote on it City, music yes or no.

As for the majority joining in......... :noexpression: :surrender:

But it does not add to the atmosphere, it detracts and often subdues the post goal celebration by detroying the chants which often follow the goal. I have seen it time and time again, bloke starts chant, cue music end of chant. That lightens zero.

Chelsea dagger is used by umpteen sides as well as rugby and if fans have to be subjected to this invasion how about something fans here relate to instead of this unamingative ditty which has bugger all to do with the West Country?

Well said

Nobody really joins in when shitty music is played over the speakers. A few blokes may do some ironic dancing but it pretty much stifles any chanting that should be getting going straight after we score.

Its all very cringeworthy

As people have mentioned above, its their opinion, as I have stated mine. And yes the majority of people around where I sit were joining in each time it was played V QPR.

Maybe we should just leave the music to all he cynical people that jump on the band wagon and moan at whatever is played or not played or shouldnt be played, so that they can be shot down in flames just as quickly.

What is the saying....you can please some of the people some of the time, but you cant please all of the people all of the time.

As people have mentioned above, its their opinion, as I have stated mine. And yes the majority of people around where I sit were joining in each time it was played V QPR.

Maybe we should just leave the music to all he cynical people that jump on the band wagon and moan at whatever is played or not played or shouldnt be played, so that they can be shot down in flames just as quickly.

What is the saying....you can please some of the people some of the time, but you cant please all of the people all of the time.

People were i was in the ground really disliked it and did not join in. Some people like myself really dislike it. So lets be fair City. Simple vote, City get back to tradition where fans celebrate the goal and chant or more slack jawed American inspired idiocy.

It's a catchy little number right enough.

Can I suggest "Sit Down" by James when the opposition score?

Or we could all chant LOUDLY ...

"Wassa Matta You Hey Gotta No Respect? - ..Tell Ya What To Do **** OFF Back To (insert town) & Shudduppa Yer Face!!!"

...that'd tell em! :) ps excuse the terrible accent -but you know what I mean.

As i have just told DaveL via e-mail, I actually thought it was really good and got all the fans going and did not detract from the celebrations at all.

I was well against music after we scored prior to this, but now I have to admit it worked and long may it continue.

Archived