IGNORED

Goal Music

Cardy

Unfortunately Chelsea Dagger is one of the most overplayed songs in the country and has been for about a year now! Any song that gets played after we score is going to become irritating over the course of the season (especially considering the amount of goals we will score!) and I'm all for getting rid of it. If they insist on having some maybe we can get some variation to keep it remotely interesting.

Then lets go back to Amerillo :noexpression:

Nooooooo.

The whole point of playing music before and during the game is to add to the atmosphere, rather than detract from it, and if ever I try something and it doesn't work, rest assured I'll ditch it. But the current goal music has gone down really well - there were literally thousands joining in at the QPR game - so we'll stick with it for the time being.

We had numerous posters on here ctiticising the previous announcer for his efforts at trying to raise the atmosphere with his chanting of "Come on you Reds", yet some of the same critics appear to now be quite happy to have the natural celebrations after a goal drowned out with some crap American style jingle.

Why don't we stick this rubbish in the same bin as Amarillo, get rid of the occasional so called "cheerleaders" (more American style crap), and get back to singing, chanting and creating our own atmosphere as we always used to.

You will have an opportunity to do this in the near future. Details to follow in the next couple of weeks.

I guess this means that there'll be a trial game in the near future with no music at all then. Hmm, call be superstitious, but surely if this is annouced, sod's law will dictate that we won't score that day!

(Incidently, I'd prefer no music at all from 5 minutes before kick off)

As i have just told DaveL via e-mail, I actually thought it was really good and got all the fans going and did not detract from the celebrations at all.

I was well against music after we scored prior to this, but now I have to admit it worked and long may it continue.

Yet again Neo has posted exactly my thoughts...should I be worried???!!!

:D

Nooooooo.

The whole point of playing music before and during the game is to add to the atmosphere, rather than detract from it, and if ever I try something and it doesn't work, rest assured I'll ditch it. But the current goal music has gone down really well - there were literally thousands joining in at the QPR game - so we'll stick with it for the time being.

I agree, and by the way, i was being sarcastic, Amerillo was definately the worst song to play

But if you get bored of Chelsea dagger may I recomend

by The Libertines, That would be good

We don't need music to tell us how to celebrate. I'm sorry, it's my bugbear. Turn the bloody stuff off when we score and stop intruding on our celebrations. Before and after the game, great. But not during it.. It's naff. We're not at a baseball game.

My god weve got a fickel set of fans! First people complain that Amarillo was played and they wanted it changed, and now eve got something good that all* the fans love and its gets them going, people moan and want no music.

Did you not see or hear how many people were up for it when that song was played both times we scored? it gets the crowd going which, in turn, gets the team going.

*nearly all fans apart from the moaners.

My god weve got a fickel set of fans! First people complain that Amarillo was played and they wanted it changed, and now eve got something good that all* the fans love and its gets them going, people moan and want no music.

Did you not see or hear how many people were up for it when that song was played both times we scored? it gets the crowd going which, in turn, gets the team going.

*nearly all fans apart from the moaners.

Football existed for a hundred years before this "Americanisation" started to infest it, nothing to do with fickle.

The crowd are all ready going when a goal is scored and this does jar fans off while crushing the chants that follows goals e.g no more chanting the goalscores name anymore because of the nonsense smothering those who want to celebrate as they used to. Music is not neccessary at all at football during the game, the game and fans are enough.

FANS LOVE - how do you know, why not ask them City? Simple vote.

I guess this means that there'll be a trial game in the near future with no music at all then. Hmm, call be superstitious, but surely if this is annouced, sod's law will dictate that we won't score that day!

(Incidently, I'd prefer no music at all from 5 minutes before kick off)

That would be at least fair and a vote at half time.

Football existed for a hundred years before this "Americanisation" started to infest it, nothing to do with fickle.

The crowd are all ready going when a goal is scored and this does jar fans off while crushing the chants that follows goals e.g no more chanting the goalscores name anymore because of the nonsense smothering those who want to celebrate as they used to. Music is not neccessary at all at football during the game, the game and fans are enough.

Sorry but the word bo11ocks springs to mind. From what i saw and heard, well over half of every stand were jumping up and down etc with the music and singing along with it. People on here were almost begging for the music to be changed to Chelsea Dagger because it would give a great atmosphere when we scored. Now its been brought in, people are yet again moaning. Seems like some people just arent happy unless there moaning about something or other.

Sorry but the word bo11ocks springs to mind. From what i saw and heard, well over half of every stand were jumping up and down etc with the music and singing along with it. People on here were almost begging for the music to be changed to Chelsea Dagger because it would give a great atmosphere when we scored. Now its been brought in, people are yet again moaning. Seems like some people just arent happy unless there moaning about something or other.

Old school, Whitehead 1-0 and there was no need for music.

Carl Shutt v Fulham only six thousand in the ground but the music was not needed, it would have been disrespectful.

Now Murray goes the entire length of the pitch, rounds the keeper v Cardiff runs to the crowd and it's ..........####### Frattellis. Thats really is b***ocks .

It will organs at corners next.

Well said CP, I totally agree.

My sentiments exactly.

Sorry but the word bo11ocks springs to mind. From what i saw and heard, well over half of every stand were jumping up and down etc with the music and singing along with it.

Well over half of every stand were jumping up and down because we had scored!

There were no more celebrations because Chelsea Dagger was played than there were when Amarillo was played.

All these irritating Americanisations add nothing to the British game of football.

Get rid!!!

There were no more celebrations because Chelsea Dagger was played than there were when Amarillo was played.

All these irritating Americanisations add nothing to the British game of football.

Get rid!!!

Then they stopped, then started again when the music come on. I just don't understand why people moan about Amarillo and want it CHANGED, then when its changed to something alot better, they STILL conplain and want it OFF!

Get rid!!!

Maybe it was just the music and Murrays tap in had bugger all to do with it.

Get rid!!!

Absolutely spot on Redtucks.

To suggest I was jumping up and down and cheering because Chelsea Dagger is playing is absolutely laughable and shows no understanding for what is actually happening. Maybe some people were jumping up and down and clapping because the music was playing. I - and I suspect thousands of others - were actually animated because of the small matter of a crucial goal being scored. To suggest this demonstrates tacit support for the crass and patronizing Americanization of the game by playing music (because obviously we have to be told that something good had happened and be rewarded with a burst of pop music) is pretty wide of the mark.

It's intrusive and it completely changes the atmosphere by dissipating the raw passion, replacing it with "organised fun".

No thanks.

Archived