IGNORED

Blackpool Match Thread

westonred

Firstly, I'm not slagging Jevons off. By saying I don't think he is good enough is not slagging him off, its giving an opinion, one which I'm sure about 80% of City fans would agree with.

I'm only saying what everyone else has been saying for the last 6 months!!

You've conducted the survey among a cross section of fans then have you to come up with 80%? Oops - I see you've now decided that everyone agrees with you. Amazing.

You've conducted the survey among a cross section of fans then have you to come up with 80%? Oops - I see you've now decided that everyone agrees with you. Amazing.

excellent! sarcasm! I love it.....great come back

At the end of the day my friend, you know, I know....Jevons will not cut it at this level, neither will Enoch.....and we cannot rely on Sproule to fill the void of our lack of pace up front! He is a winger!

To many people have short memories on this forum! Jevons got 11 league goals in over 40 appearences last term, Enoch got 10 in about 33....not good enough!

You know I'm right on this, hence the extremely poor come back. IF we are to, not only stay up, but be able to compete at this level, we NEED another striker. Now tell me this isnt right??

Well GJ claims he signed him as a striker. I would like to see him on the wing, and put a proper striker up front with trundle/Jevo. I do not consider that Trundle and Jevo together is an option as neither is fast enough or strong enough. Brooker Trundle would work, but Brooker is a lost cause. We still need a strong, poweful forward. Adebola on loan would do the trick (he wants to leave Cov)

Sproule is more than capable as a striker, believe me. Didn'y realise GJ had bought him for that role, but if he had that is far from bad news. Got more than one or two against the old firm playing as part ofa front pair. Can't see Brooker playing much this year, fit or not. Trundle's moment of inspiration seems to have saved us a point today, but he'll need to do more than just set them up and use a few tricks. for a million ounds i'm pretty sure GJ sees him as a goal scorer.

Firstly, I'm not slagging Jevons off. By saying I don't think he is good enough is not slagging him off, its giving an opinion, one which I'm sure about 80% of City fans would agree with.

Secondly, just because some one doesnt always have his "I love everything about City" goggles on....doesnt make him any less of a supporter then you mate. Season ticket for 12 years, plenty of away games to thow into the mix....I'm just as big a supporter as you!

As said, I'm not slaggin Jevo off, just saying that I fear for us if he is the man we need to rely on to get goals this year! I'm only saying what everyone else has been saying for the last 6 months!! We need a new pacey striker...

Well get behind the team then not make negative statements about our own teams players its isnt going to help is it... I'm sure GJ knows what we need and I'm sure another striker will come in before the transfer deadline but Jevo is a useful squad player as it proved today when he and Murray came on and changed the game..

As for who's the biggest supporter out of the pair of us i don't really care, but I have had a season ticket for over 30 years and have also been to around 62 away grounds with City so i slighty shade you on that one.

1-1, I will take that today, hasn't that stopped Blackpools run of consecutive winning matches, 12 on the trot or something like that?

puts it into perspective - Blackpool were never going to be pushovers, good result by the Reds!

(things can only get better as first choice players become available.. & GJ's options increase)

Sproule is more than capable as a striker, believe me. Didn'y realise GJ had bought him for that role, but if he had that is far from bad news. Got more than one or two against the old firm playing as part ofa front pair.

Er, you're basing that assessment on half an hour after coming on as a sub two years ago? Sproule played almost exclusively on the wing for Hibs.

Final Stats

Blackpool City

Goal Attempts 19 : 14 Goal Attempts

On Target 11 : 7 On Target

Crosses 11 : 9 Crosses

Corners 11 : 8 Corners

Offside 3 : 2 Offside

Fouls 9 : 5 Fouls

Free kicks 8 : 13 Free kicks

Yellow cards 1 : - Yellow cards

Red cards - : - Red cards

% Possession 56 : 44 Possession %

Well get behind the team then not make negative statements about our own teams players its isnt going to help is it... I'm sure GJ knows what we need and I'm sure another striker will come in before the transfer deadline but Jevo is a useful squad player as it proved today when he and Murray came on and changed the game..

As for who's the biggest supporter out of the pair of us i don't really care, but I have had a season ticket for over 30 years and have also been to around 62 away grounds with City so i slighty shade you on that one.

I wasnt trying to compare who is the "best" supporter, you were questioning my support of City and I was just saying you shouldnt just because I give my opinion. What next? my dads harder then your dad? :noexpression:

I will add though, if we don't highlight the negatives, then we will go nowhere....you highlight the problems, and you sort them out! How long have we had this striking problem now though? this problem was dragging on all of last season and is continuing into this one. Last year we got promoted on the back of a top class defensive show.....our strikers were poor! 25 goals between three of them in the league I believe

Again, it may come across as negative, but you cannot say I am wrong

Er, you're basing that assessment on half an hour after coming on as a sub two years ago? Sproule played almost exclusively on the wing for Hibs.

Er, no. I'm basing that on the fact he was consistantly employed by Mowbray as a striker, on several occasions against the old firm. yes, he did play the majority of games on the wing for them, but many of his sub appearences saw him utilised as a striker, although I'll admit more in support of two other strikers. This happened more during the end of the 05/06 season when he first arrived at the club and was he often paired with o'conner. the use of him upfront diminished during the subsiquent season. no need to jump down my throat mate, just saying what i know.

Er, no. I'm basing that on the fact he was consistantly employed by Mowbray as a striker, on several occasions against the old firm. yes, he did play the majority of games on the wing for them, but many of his sub appearences saw him utilised as a striker, although I'll admit more in support of two other strikers. This happened more during the end of the 05/06 season when he first arrived at the club and was he often paired with o'conner. the use of him upfront diminished during the subsiquent season. no need to jump down my throat mate, just saying what i know.

Not jumping down your throat but from what the Hibs fans posted when we signed him he played up front a couple of times off the bench, no more. They said his strength was beating people with pace down the right side but needed to work on end product and that he couldn't finish for toffee. Now I hope they're wrong, but I'd rather we were signing players to play in their preferred positions instead of taking a gamble like that and I think we're short one goalscorer currently.

Jeez - some of the views expressed by City 'supporters' on this thread are beyond belief. Blackpool had won 12 in a row before today, it was their first home game in 29 years at this level, the place was packed, weather awful - and we come away with a point. How is that a cause for complaint?????

We need 50 points to survive, that's a fraction over 1 point a game. To date we have 2 points from 2 games. Some crisis....

We've already got people on here questioning Trundle's contribution yet he set up Murray's goal! If being in the championship is worth £5m to the club, and we need 50 points to survive, LT just paid back the first £100,000 of his fee with that assist.

Not jumping down your throat but from what the Hibs fans posted when we signed him he played up front a couple of times off the bench, no more. They said his strength was beating people with pace down the right side but needed to work on end product and that he couldn't finish for toffee. Now I hope they're wrong, but I'd rather we were signing players to play in their preferred positions instead of taking a gamble like that and I think we're short one goalscorer currently.

fair play, but my sis and brother-in-law watched hibs pretty regular (shes the hibs fan since uni 6 years ago) until moving back to bristol about christmas and they've said he looked fustrated on the wing and relished running at defenders head on through the middle. they believe his strike rate only suffered by being depolyed out wide, not due to his finishing. i agree we are a goalscorer short and it is preferable to play people in the right postions, but if sproule's pace can be utilised up front i'd have no problem GJ doing that. from having possibly too many strikers (JMW, Trundle, Plummer, Jevons, Enoch, Brooker) injury, loans and interenational duty has reduced us to just three, and of those LT and PJ are quite similar, which is not ideal.

Why are we all (or rather a lot of people) dismissing Brooker out of hand?... stated he's returned to training this week(at long long last)... & IF he can return fit & firing on all cylinders it'll be like we've made a quality signing. Never say never, while he's on Citys books we should be encouraging him, he'll be needing confidence boosters right now -not knockers.

Not a bad result in the end.

Another point on the board,but it means we have to get 3 points against scunny next week!

I thought they would struggle without Billy Sharp but they won again today.

Lets hope we burst their bubble soon before they do a colchester and have a good season.

We need to hurry up and get that winning felling soon,hopefully next week!

COME ON U SUPER REDS!!!!! :boxing:

Why are we all (or rather a lot of people) dismissing Brooker out of hand?...

I think it's a case of once bitten twice shy. Or 5 times bitten sixth time shy.

He's been two or three weeks away from fitness perpetually for the last year so if he finally makes it back and plays 4 or 5 games without a knock I'll be overjoyed - but we can't count on it.

Archived