IGNORED

Sproule

Dolman Block B

Christ!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr Wright.

You still go to footy then, or not allowed?

No mate, 40th party tonight, would rather been Blackpool with the lads tbh, but reckon Arn must be 5 games up on you already this season.

Pre season included.

Ohh by the way, Ashton Gate directions to the ground!

U,ll be ok, its well sign posted from costal del hambrook.......... :innocent06:

how many grounds you done now? must be at least 6, long way to go for my 74. we play in red you know :winner_third_h4h:

You make good points, however i think Wilson is a right back and a good one at that.

The weak link is Orr, move Wilson back and you'll see a very tidy composed player.

I'd agree that Wilson would be a very tidy player at full back, but at the moment would remain with Orr.

The "weak link" comment was more with reference to the fact that Wilson is essentially a full back (/wing back) being played out of position.

He is the weak link in the current formation/selection.

Tbh with Scott, this really could be the last chance he has at this sort of level of football.

Did,nt really cut it for City last year, and seems to be getting back to the Murray we know.

Lad is pure quality on his day.

Lets hope he can move on from this..........

Strange how some of the best players this club has had have been real broad Scotsmen. Another real BCFC legend, apart from Scott Murray, was Gerry Gow.

History tells us that there have often been beneficial relationships between Bristolians and often errant but gifted Scotsmen. Bristolian Captain Woodes-Rogers himself in 1709 rescued Alexander Selkirk - the often errant Scottish seaman whose adventures later provided the basis for Daniel Defoe's Robinson Crusoe - from a Pacific island. Alexander Selkirk was discovered on an island by Woodes-Rogers who called him 'the Governor of the island'. :clapping: Upon being found, the four-year castaway was completely incoherent with joy. The agile Selkirk caught two or three goats a day, helping restore the health of Woodes-Rogers's Bristolian crew. Woodes-Rogers eventually made Selkirk his mate and gave him the independent command of one of his prizes. Woodes-Rogers's A cruising voyage round the world: first to the South-Sea, thence to the East-Indies, and homewards by the Cape of Good Hope was published in 1712, with an account of Selkirk's ordeal.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Selkirk

Captain Woodes-Rogers - forgotten by many but not forgotten by me...... :icecream: ......

bcfcwoodesrogerstg8.jpg

don't know how they made it sound on the radio but seeing it first sounds very different, fontain i agreee earnt that place last week but was far from solid yesterday he got bullied off of the ball, wilson was very quiet and enoch yet again didnt do enough to warrent that shirt.

Jase

Strange how some of the best players this club has had have been real broad Scotsmen. Another real BCFC legend, apart from Scott Murray, was Gerry Gow.

History tells us that there have often been beneficial relationships between Bristolians and often errant but gifted Scotsmen. Bristolian Captain Woodes-Rogers himself in 1709 rescued Alexander Selkirk - the often errant Scottish seaman whose adventures later provided the basis for Daniel Defoe's Robinson Crusoe - from a Pacific island. Alexander Selkirk was discovered on an island by Woodes-Rogers who called him 'the Governor of the island'. :clapping: Upon being found, the four-year castaway was completely incoherent with joy. The agile Selkirk caught two or three goats a day, helping restore the health of Woodes-Rogers's Bristolian crew. Woodes-Rogers eventually made Selkirk his mate and gave him the independent command of one of his prizes. Woodes-Rogers's A cruising voyage round the world: first to the South-Sea, thence to the East-Indies, and homewards by the Cape of Good Hope was published in 1712, with an account of Selkirk's ordeal.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Selkirk

Captain Woodes-Rogers - forgotten by many but not forgotten by me...... :icecream: ......

bcfcwoodesrogerstg8.jpg

Nice one RG.

City have had many scots in the team, for a s long as i can remember.

Most tough lads.

Murray loves it at City, you can tell that.

Still reckon could be his final season, not finishing, but perhaps his last with us

Nice one RG.

City have had many scots in the team, for a s long as i can remember.

Most tough lads.

Murray loves it at City, you can tell that.

Still reckon could be his final season, not finishing, but perhaps his last with us

Scott Murray is definately up there with his fellow Scotsman Gerry Gow as a great BCFC player. OK, Scott Murray hasn't played for us at the highest level as did Gerry Gow but Scott's been a great asset to us nonetheless and will, no doubt, always be remembered as such.

It's worth noting, Murray did not come on and play up front at Blackpool yesterday. Jevons took Showunmi's place in attack and Murray was a straight swap for Wilson on the right.

I totally disagree with this 'Play Murray Upfront' campaign that some people on here keep banging on about. Team selection should always be a case of square pegs in square holes for me, and playing Murray up there would be a round peg in a square hole when he should be utilised from the start in his customary right-wing berth IMHO.

As for Sproule, I'm genuinely excited about seeing him and Trundle upfront but one thing should change if it's to bare fruit. Of the two league games I've seen so far, we're going long far too often to Trundle which I think is the totally wrong option for him. If we're to get the best out of Trundle & Sproule as a strike pairing then we need to get the ball to Trundle's feet more often and let the magic happen.

It's worth noting, Murray did not come on and play up front at Blackpool yesterday. Jevons took Showunmi's place in attack and Murray was a straight swap for Wilson on the right.

I totally disagree with this 'Play Murray Upfront' campaign that some people on here keep banging on about. Team selection should always be a case of square pegs in square holes for me, and playing Murray up there would be a round peg in a square hole when he should be utilised from the start in his customary right-wing berth IMHO.

As for Sproule, I'm genuinely excited about seeing him and Trundle upfront but one thing should change if it's to bare fruit. Of the two league games I've seen so far, we're going long far too often to Trundle which I think is the totally wrong option for him. If we're to get the best out of Trundle & Sproule as a strike pairing then we need to get the ball to Trundle's feet more often and let the magic happen.

Hate to be picky, but you've called playing Murray up front "a round peg in a square hole", why is it different for Sproule? Sproule is also a winger.

Hate to be picky, but you've called playing Murray up front "a round peg in a square hole", why is it different for Sproule? Sproule is also a winger.

Because Murray isn't a striker. He's just as much of a striker as he is a right-back. I think 'Yessir' has already revealed that GJ signed Sproule with the sole intention of playing him through the middle, not out wide, and that's good enough for me.

I have a feeling GJ will use Sproule as a striker alongside Trundle.

ooops, just seen your post tin - apologies

we know he can finish and has bags of pace, maybe this 'winger' will turn into a bargain striker

Well after Enoch's performance saturday, take your pick from who to play up front with Trundle from Sproule, Murray, Jevons, Noble, Brooker (when both fit).

Quite frankly, he was a waste of space.

Looked as if he'd like to be anywhere except on the pitch.

He hasn't stepped up or taken the chance he's been given, his attitude is wrong and his mental application to the game is non existent - no concentration or awareness.

He should be dropped for Jevons or Murray up front.

I think that answers your question Arn.

Cheers.

TBH,the lad wont cut it at this level, and I'm sure GJ must know this.

Does give his best, but that just aint good enough

You make good points, however i think Wilson is a right back and a good one at that.

The weak link is Orr, move Wilson back and you'll see a very tidy composed player.

Bradley Orr has been one of our best players so far this season and was a major factor in winning promotion last season.I can't understand this fixation some peole have with Wilson at RB, especially as we've never seen him play there-If it ain't broke don't fix it and Bradley Orr IS NOT our problem at the moment.We need guile in midfield and some pace up front.

On current form, I'd play Murray RW & Sproule up front and see how he does week in, week out.Jevons & ES are not the answer in CCC and they both struggled to score outfield goals in League One.

If Sproule doesn't cut the mustard as a striker, then it's sign one or play one up top, for me.

ive seen sproule play a few times at ibrox and he always looks dangerous.i was there when he came on as sub and destroyed us single handed scoring an hat trick.he defo gets up for the big games he always played well and scored a couple of times against the scum over at the potatoe drome (parkhead) my happiest memory of ivan was when rangers won the league at hibs on the last day a couple of years ago.he stayed out on the pitch and followed the rangers players around the pitch celebrating as hes a big bluenose you would have thought his team had won the league

What a load of pish. Had to register and post after reading these blatant lies on a Hibs messageboard and felt compelled to notify you lot that this guy is a liar.

Ivan was celebrating us getting into europe you deluded soapdodging hun cretin. Didn't look like much of a 'bluenose' when he scored a hat-trick at Ibrox. Or when he scored the 2nd at Ibrox again knocking you out the cup and ran to us kissing our badge.

Anyway, Ivan will be a huge player for you guys i'm sure.

Ignore this retards comments, Ivan is a genuine, committed, wholehearted guy who will give his all for you lot i'm sure.

Enjoy and good luck for the rest of the season.

What a load of pish. Had to register and post after reading these blatant lies on a Hibs messageboard and felt compelled to notify you lot that this guy is a liar.

Ivan was celebrating us getting into europe you deluded soapdodging hun cretin. Didn't look like much of a 'bluenose' when he scored a hat-trick at Ibrox. Or when he scored the 2nd at Ibrox again knocking you out the cup and ran to us kissing our badge.

Anyway, Ivan will be a huge player for you guys i'm sure.

Ignore this retards comments, Ivan is a genuine, committed, wholehearted guy who will give his all for you lot i'm sure.

Enjoy and good luck for the rest of the season.

cheers mate, sure your version of events is the right one. personally cant wait to see Mr Sproule in action. Maybe against Man. City.

Archived