IGNORED

Scunny Must Win Game

Red Robin

After watching QPR and Blackpool games hoping to have taken 4 poInts from the pair,and hopeing to beat Scunny giving a hall of seven points that obviously is not going to happen now.

The importance of 3 points is all the more important next Saturday.

Next months fixtures look very very hard.

Yesterday weale and carey were different class the rest average.orr played very very well.

one thing I would change is Jevo and Murrey should start,untill they came on yesterday we were under the cosh massiveally,apart from the last 20 minutes we were rarely in the game.

A point was a well earned bonus.

I think Jevo to start no doubt, however would leave Murray on the bench, he is at his best without doubt when his fresh legs are running against a tired full back, Murray has been renowed for his late goals over the years and for now, I'd say we are better to bring him on after 60mins than start him, but it's a tough one to call.

Think 3 points is very important for next weekend, the first 3 games have been very much about settling and adapting to this divsion due to the teams we have been playing, but after 2 decent points so far which I'm happy with, we need to step it up a gear and try to get that win under our belt as the games are going to start getting a hell of a lot tougher than they have been so far.

A win against Scunny would be nice but its not a 'must win game' by a long way. Why make statements like that when the season will only be three games old?

Two reasons.

1,The longer the games go by it always seems harder to get a win,+these two games are by far against weaker teams in this division.

2,Look at next months fixtures quite scarey really,a different class of team we will be playing.

After watching QPR and Blackpool games hoping to have taken 4 poInts from the pair,and hopeing to beat Scunny giving a hall of seven points that obviously is not going to happen now.

The importance of 3 points is all the more important next Saturday.

Next months fixtures look very very hard.

Yesterday weale and carey were different class the rest average.orr played very very well.

one thing I would change is Jevo and Murrey should start,untill they came on yesterday we were under the cosh massiveally,apart from the last 20 minutes we were rarely in the game.

A point was a well earned bonus.

It's nice to see Orr playing well. Apparently (according to many) he was going to get ruthlessly exposed every week this season. Well, he played against Rowlands, a quality player, last week and forced him to swap wings and then Hoolohan yesterday and also did a good job.

A win against Scunny would be nice but its not a 'must win game' by a long way. Why make statements like that when the season will only be three games old?

No, it's not a "Must Win" more of a "We really could do with winning game" if nothing else, just to get the nouse of "first win in the championship" out of the way, because the longer it goes the tougher it's going to get,

I agree. I would be concerned if we didn't win soon but it isn't a 'must win'. They come later on in the season. I think it is pretty hard to predict where we will come thus far with QPR surrendering at home to Cardiff and I'm unsure how Blackpool will do now their winning run is over. It might be that alot of teams apart from Watford and a few others are very evenly matched.

I still think without a couple more additions it will be a very tough season, especially if Brooker and Noble don't get fit.

Two reasons.

1,The longer the games go by it always seems harder to get a win,+these two games are by far against weaker teams in this division.

2,Look at next months fixtures quite scarey really,a different class of team we will be playing.

Far too dramatic to call it a 'must win' game. It isn't. Simple as that. The season is one week old, so to suggest the naxt game is a 'must win' is to get things completely out of proportion.

It is, however, a game we should go into confident we can win.

I think it's pretty important that City at least put in a good performance, ideally winning. The games that follow are tough and low confidence could lead to crushing defeats and even lower confidence.

A failure to beat S****horpe could be followed by a sound drubbing off a resurgent Man City. Then we have tough away trips to Sheffield Wednesday and Coventry, followed by a home game against one of the favourites for the league title, West Brom.

I'm not the sort to describe a game this early in the season as "must win", but it seems obvious to me that it represents our best chance of 3 points before Burnley visit in late September, so a win would be a pretty big boost to our survival hopes.

i don't think its a must win game but its a game we should win.

I'm quite happy so far but we have to turn draws into wins,as you all know a win and a defeat is better than 2 draws.

anyway my 2 year old son will be making his debut against scunny next week and i would dearly love to see city win just for him.

:city:

anyway my 2 year old son will be making his debut against scunny next week and i would dearly love to see city win just for him.

:city:

Ah, so he's the new pacey striker GJs been looking for! Hope we thrash Scunny for your lad. It's always nice to be able to say your first game at Ashton Gate was a win, even if you don't remember it!

I think it's pretty important that City at least put in a good performance, ideally winning. The games that follow are tough and low confidence could lead to crushing defeats and even lower confidence.

A failure to beat S****horpe could be followed by a sound drubbing off a resurgent Man City. Then we have tough away trips to Sheffield Wednesday and Coventry, followed by a home game against one of the favourites for the league title, West Brom.

I'm not the sort to describe a game this early in the season as "must win", but it seems obvious to me that it represents our best chance of 3 points before Burnley visit in late September, so a win would be a pretty big boost to our survival hopes.

All the above games we will do well to get points,hence I believe this Scunny game is very very important.

It's nice to see Orr playing well. Apparently (according to many) he was going to get ruthlessly exposed every week this season. Well, he played against Rowlands, a quality player, last week and forced him to swap wings and then Hoolohan yesterday and also did a good job.

Er, afraid i disagree with you there. If you remember rightly, Rowlands murdered Orr, hit the post and bar and all attacking imputus came from him. Also, Hollohan was denied a goal after robbing Orr after hesitation, and he was only resuced by a wonder save from Weale. Then when parker same on, he exploted are right side effortlessly.

Orr still has lots to prove IMO. :fingerscrossed:

Er, afraid i disagree with you there. If you remember rightly, Rowlands murdered Orr, hit the post and bar and all attacking imputus came from him. Also, Hollohan was denied a goal after robbing Orr after hesitation, and he was only resuced by a wonder save from Weale. Then when parker same on, he exploted are right side effortlessly.

Orr still has lots to prove IMO. :fingerscrossed:

Orr was excellent against QPR. In my opinion McAllister looked far more vulnerable than Orr during that game, and an awful lot of QPR's attacking play came down our left.

Orr was excellent against QPR. In my opinion McAllister looked far more vulnerable than Orr during that game, and an awful lot of QPR's attacking play came down our left.

ORR played very well yesterday,certainly was better than the majority on the field.

Archived