IGNORED

Warning - This Club Will Self Destruct In...

Top Corner

.... 6 weeks time!!

As yet another season threatens to disintregrate, where will be left if DW can't somehow lift a flagging and demoralished team to get out of this divsion?

We already are losing a packet of money each season at present. Admittedly its less than it was, but the prospect of yet another year of trotting out against the Chesterfields, Colchesters and dare I say it, the Port Vale's of this world, with DW still at the helm, is hardly likely to maintain season ticket sales is it. I and the majority would still renew their season tickets come what may, but I bet we wouldn't sell anywhere near the present 8,000.

With SL already commenting that it would become increasingly difficult to continue to fund the academy the longer we stay in this division, a further sizeable loss in the income of the club is hardly going to help.

I was prepared to give DW to the end of this season come what may, but after yesterday's team selection in the first place with Tins starting as far away from Murray as possible on the left hand side and then two totally mystifying substititions, I'm rapidly forming the opinion that action has got to be taken now.

Can we afford to wait, but then can we afford to pay up DW's juicy contract for the best part of 2 years. I still think our squad is the best in what is as mediocre a 2nd division as there has been for many a long year. DW hasn't achieved alot in what is his 4th year. Moved the club on marginally since his arrival.

With QPR's refusal to pull away from us, the opportunity is still very much there to grab hold of an automatic berth. A win next week is a must. Not only would we draw level with Hollowhead's boys but we should score a huge psychological advantage over them.

A massive week for DW on the training pitch as he is getting very close now to pulling up his horse at the last chance saloon!!

Guest H Block Drum n' Bass
.... 6 weeks time!!

As yet another season threatens to disintregrate, where will be left if DW can't somehow lift a flagging and demoralished team to get out of this divsion?

We already are losing a packet of money each season at present. Admittedly its less than it was, but the prospect of yet another year of trotting out against the Chesterfields, Colchesters and dare I say it, the Port Vale's of this world, with DW still at the helm, is hardly likely to maintain season ticket sales is it. I and the majority would still renew their season tickets come what may, but I bet we wouldn't sell anywhere near the present 8,000.

With SL already commenting that it would become increasingly difficult to continue to fund the academy the longer we stay in this division, a further sizeable loss in the income of the club is hardly going to help.

I was prepared to give DW to the end of this season come what may, but after yesterday's team selection in the first place with Tins starting as far away from Murray as possible on the left hand side and then two totally mystifying substititions, I'm rapidly forming the opinion that action has got to be taken now.

Can we afford to wait, but then can we afford to pay up DW's juicy contract for the best part of 2 years. I still think our squad is the best in what is as mediocre a 2nd division as there has been for many a long year. DW hasn't achieved alot in what is his 4th year. Moved the club on marginally since his arrival.

With QPR's refusal to pull away from us, the opportunity is still very much there to grab hold of an automatic berth. A win next week is a must. Not only would we draw level with Hollowhead's boys but we should score a huge psychological advantage over them.

A massive week for DW on the training pitch as he is getting very close now to pulling up his horse at the last chance saloon!!

Totally agree, about 10,000 gates and no more money to spend and Players will leave who are out of contract! But whos fault is it, the non-performing players, the tatically inept manager or the "pitch" (danny wilson)?

Danny Wilson is now out of excuses - he can't blame the pitch, referee, linesman, fans, weather or his fat wad of our hard earned cash weighing down his pocket and anchoring him to the dugout :whistle: . I think Wilson should be given the zider boot back oop North if he can't take us up this year. Danny Wilson is a nice enough bloke but that is no excuse for keeping him here while he is quite clearly underachieving.

Personally I'd now have a successor to Danny Wilson lined up if I was running BCFC.

Whose fault is it we are losing money - we have better gates than most 3rd,2nd and even 1st division clubs - it certainly isn't down to DW, it's the boards fault for over paying under achieving players

With SL already commenting that it would become increasingly difficult to continue to fund the academy the longer we stay in this division, a further sizeable loss in the income of the club is hardly going to help

So what good has having an academy done us - how many stars are good enough to be in the first team

With QPR's refusal to pull away from us, the opportunity is still very much there to grab hold of an automatic berth. A win next week is a must. Not only would we draw level with Hollowhead's boys but we should score a huge psychological advantage over them

Absolutely

.... 6 weeks time!!

Can't disagree with any of that.

Whose fault is it we are losing money - we have better gates than most 3rd,2nd and even 1st division clubs - it certainly isn't down to DW, it's the boards fault for over paying under achieving players

With SL already commenting that it would become increasingly difficult to continue to fund the academy the longer we stay in this division, a further sizeable loss in the income of the club is hardly going to help

So what good has having an academy done us - how many stars are good enough to be in the first team

Agree to an extent, but surely the players we now have on our books are Wilson's players anyway. The Board have purely backed his, or his coaching staff's judgement.

He's been here 4 years now. Alright he was lumbered wityh more than his fair share of 2nd division journeymen when he took the job on, but if he can't get us out of the division by the end of this season, there must be one enormous question mark as to whether he ever is going to.

DW was the only 2nd division manager last week to sign anyone for cash (albeit it was an adjustment via the amount owed from Reading on the original Murray deal) and I can't say I recall too many other 2nd division clubs spending anything last summer, let alone the £500-600k which we spent on bringing in Miller and Wilkshire. Goodfellow has also come in for cash in the mean time as well.

The current crop of players are DW's players. I still maintain in terms of ability they are the best squad in the division. However at present DW doesn't seem to have it within him to get anything like the best out of the players at his disposal.

He's got this week to turn things around and nothing short of 3 points next week against QPR will do!!

So, you're saying the board was at fault for financing the buying of players that Danny Wilson said he wanted to bring to the club, and you're also questioning the worth of the Academy in bringing through homegrown talent.

If you think the board were wrong to buy the players the manager wanted and you think they are wrong to bring through young homegrown players from the Academy, where exactly are you saying we should get players from?

Archived