IGNORED

Boycott Man City Game

Guest east_dundry_red

Guest east_dundry_red

The club need a kick up the ass for shafting the loyal fans who went to blackpool and those of us that don't live in bristol.

Lets face it unless you live in bristol and/or went to blackpool there is little chance you can keep your season ticket seat for the man city game. I don't live in bristol or have a credit card so guess what?.......Id have to pay £10 petrol plus £5.10 bridgefair then the £16 ticket cost on top just to get a ticket. Then £15 to get to the game so before i even see a ball kicked i could have to shell out £41 because of the rubbish system used by the club.

I hope those who are buying s.t's next season remember how badly the club like to shaft the loyal amog us.

Sexton should be sacked he's a joke along with our ticketing system.

Instead of BRISTOL your City it should be.....

Bristol City F.C.Shafting loyal fans since we got promotion!

The club need a kick up the ass for shafting the loyal fans who went to blackpool and those of us that don't live in bristol.

Lets face it unless you live in bristol and/or went to blackpool there is little chance you can keep your season ticket seat for the mna city game. I don't live in bristol or have a credit card so guess what?.......Id have to pay £10 petrol plus £5.10 bridgefair then the £16 ticket cost on top just to get a ticket. Then £15 to get to the game so before i even see a ball kicked i could have to shell out £41 because of the rubbish system used by the club.

I hopr those who are buying s.t's next season remember how badly the club like to shaft the loyal amogst us.

eh? confused?

why if you went to blackpool can't you keep your ST seat for the blackpool game? Confused?

Lets face it unless you live in bristol and/or went to blackpool there is little chance you can keep your season ticket seat for the mna city game. I don't live in bristol or have a credit card so guess what?.......Id have to pay £10 petrol plus £5.10 bridgefair then the £16 ticket cost on top just to get a ticket. Then £15 to get to the game so before i even see a ball kicked i could have to shell out £41 because of the rubbish system used by the club.

I hopr those who are buying s.t's next season remember how badly the club like to shaft the loyal amogst us.

Well I wont be there, not because I WANT to boycott it, literally i just cannot afford it. £26 for a 2nd round game of the Tin Pot Trophy.....plus its on Sky, Ill be up the pub with the rest of the lads for this one!

I predict a crowd of 14,000, cannot see it being much higher then this

eh? confused?

why if you went to blackpool can't you keep your ST seat for the blackpool game? Confused?

Because maybe people like me who went to Blackpool had to rely on a friend today who was in Bristol and not sat in all the traffic on the M6 to go and get their ticket for them.

The window for ST holders to buy their tickets is simply not long enough for those of us who went and those of us unable to take time off work tomorrow to go down there and buy tickets or spend god knows how long on the phone, thats the point he was trying to make!

Your final sentance will upset a few on here but it does seem this way since we won promotion.

Many will not be attending, not necessarily to boycott the game but purely because it's too bloody expensive for the 2nd Rd of the league cup, the sad reality is though my friend for every ST holder & regular who will not attend there is a big match Charlie waiting to purchase our vacated seat and ultimately thats all Sextone is bothered about, putting bums on seats, if it's mine or yours is neither here nor there to Sextoy just as long as someones paid there money he'll sleep well.

Pub & grub for me too......

Because maybe people like me who went to Blackpool had to rely on a friend today who was in Bristol and not sat in all the traffic on the M6 to go and get their ticket for them.

The window for ST holders to buy their tickets is simply not long enough for those of us who went and those of us unable to take time off work tomorrow to go down there and buy tickets or spend god knows how long on the phone, thats the point he was trying to make!

ahhhhhhhhh, thought I'd actually missed something? fair enough, though I suppose there is always going to be some that have diffculty getting tickets for cup games,

having the phone lines open until 10pm tomorrow I think is fairly good and gives all a chance tomorrow to get tickets, only tomorrow will see though how the phone lines handle it sales, it could go very smoothly however understandably alot of people are judging any problems in comparsion to the Boro/Rovers games.

So we spend more hard earned money in the queue on the phone line waiting to get through to someone to pay for our ticket?

Again not everyones job allows them to do that, I look after a disabled child and its just not practical for me to sit there with a phone in my ear while I'm meant to be taking care

of him.

And then when we do get through, because we cant go down there and pay for our tickets in person we get charged a further percentage as a booking fee?

Guest east_dundry_red
the sad reality is though my friend for every ST holder & regular who will not attend there is a big match Charlie waiting to purchase our vacated seat and ultimately thats all Sextone is bothered about,

And thats why I'm doing my best for those who only go to big games by putting them off. So far 3 people have rang to ask me to get tickets for them (like you said 'Big Match Charlies') and ive put all 3 of them off so that already around £140 that would of gone to the club but now hasnt. £140 quid now not going to the club some of wich will now go into the till at a pub in newport instead.

Ill carry on watching city away from home as the club cant touch the prices and ill get them on home matchdays meaning the club don't make anything. I'll also boycott cup games untill they sort things out. I'm also no longer willing to buy the new home shirt unless the club sort their selve sout and stop shitting on loyal fans. Thats over £200 the club have lost from a few people alone what happens when others do the same.

I have a feeling the club have really scored the proverbial own goal with the ticket prices on this one.

Fans aren't too happy about Season ticket prices and the absence of any sort of discount is another kick in the teeth.

Still, I guess it'll bring some neutrals out of the woodwork to see a Premiership team - If not the fans who have helped contribute to get the club where they are today.

So we spend more hard earned money in the queue on the phone line waiting to get through to someone to pay for our ticket?

Again not everyones job allows them to do that, I look after a disabled child and its just not practical for me to sit there with a phone in my ear while I'm meant to be taking care

of him.

And then when we do get through, because we cant go down there and pay for our tickets in person we get charged a further percentage as a booking fee?

Wow a moan from Dolls things must be bad; :noexpression: things will not change however unless enough make a stand; as for a boycott, each to his/her own; myself will be at Scunny game but in my front room watching THE CUP GAME. :dunno:

Wow a moan from Dolls things must be bad; :noexpression: things will not change however unless enough make a stand; as for a boycott, each to his/her own; myself will be at Scunny game but in my front room watching THE CUP GAME. :dunno:

It's difficult to gage accurately how many will be staying away for the Man C game but from the vibes on this forum it would see more arent going than are?

It's difficult to gage accuratly how many will be staying away for the Man C game but from the vibes on this forum it would see more arent going than are?

Doubt if Sexstone will even notice; £`s in the bank from sky will more than compansate for a few empty seats :disapointed2se:

sorry but I'm going to the cup game.i can understand what you are doing and why you are doing it,but i cant sit in the pub watching city when i could be at the game.

STOP MOANING EVERYONE.

IF YOU CANT AFFORD OR don't WANT TO GO AGAINST MAN CITY THEN don't GO.

I FOR ONE WILL BE THERE SKY OR NOT.

REMEMBER IT WAS NOT SO LONG AGO THAT WE WERE PLAYING TEAMS LIKE BOSTON IN THIS COMPETITION.

I HAVE ONLY JUST JOINED THIS FORUM AND I'm SO FED UP OF EVERYONE MOANING ALL THE TIME.

IVE SEEN CITY BOTTOM OF THE 4th AND NEARLY GOING OUT OF BUISNESS,AND AS FAR AS I'm CONCERNED WE HAVE A GREAT MANAGER WITH A GOOD BOARD AND THE STRONGEST SQUAD WE HAVE EVER HAD.

END OF RANT

I'm going to the game, they know theyve got us over a barrel because for those fans for whom cost is not so much of an issue (although I will now have to cut back on other things this month due to the extra expense - I live on my own and support myself on crap wages from the council) but I am only able to go because I was lucky enough to have a friend who offered to go and get my ticket today. Or maybe I could have broken the law and tried to ring up whilst sat in the traffic today?

one thing I don't get and must be sorted is a online system for ST's holders to get tickets for cup games, it would just make things so much easier and reduce a large amount of person visits and phone calls to the club.........problem is the system will probably cost a few quid to introduce so people would moan about a 70p processing fee or whatever.

sorry but I'm going to the cup game.i can understand what you are doing and why you are doing it,but i cant sit in the pub watching city when i could be at the game.

fair enough and understandable to; but this club are pushing it a bit with this game/pricing; still they must do what they have to and so must we; each to his/her own.

For me it is the price. Nearly £28 (Inc fees) plus petrol and refreshments, when I have the alternative of watching the game on Sky. A token protest and I can still watch the game. After all of the bad feeling about ST prices, this should have been the Clubs chance to reward ST holders with a hefty discount, and maybe also anyone watching Scunny, to boost the attendance for that game.

Regarding the attendance, part of me wants a full house so that we are not embarrassed on live TV, and part of me wants about 12K so that Sextone might finally get the message that we don't all have a bottomless pit of money to spend on City.

of him.

how have you purchased high profile cup tickets in the past?

personally speaking I remember years gone by having to queue up for Liverpool and Everton FA Cup tickets at 7 in the morning, we didn't even have the capability of buying tickets on the phone back then, it was queue up or do without.

things have improved alot over the years

Agree - I find it really difficult to watch City on TV its far too emotional and you can make a right prat of yourself....

I respect everyone's opinion but it is each to their own. I live near enough to walk to get the tickets but still have to pay 5% for buying £250+ worth of tickets for my mates (All STs).. Not sure that is correct. Maybe I should start buying tickets for out of town Sts and save their petrol and charge only a flat £3 handling fee - could be a right little earner !!!!!!!

And thats why I'm doing my best for those who only go to big games by putting them off. So far 3 people have rang to ask me to get tickets for them (like you said 'Big Match Charlies') and ive put all 3 of them off so that already around £140 that would of gone to the club but now hasnt. £140 quid now not going to the club some of wich will now go into the till at a pub in newport instead.

Ill carry on watching city away from home as the club cant touch the prices and ill get them on home matchdays meaning the club don't make anything. I'll also boycott cup games untill they sort things out. I'm also no longer willing to buy the new home shirt unless the club sort their selve sout and stop shitting on loyal fans. Thats over £200 the club have lost from a few people alone what happens when others do the same.

While I agree with you feeling peed off , the only ones that suffer from your actions are the team and the club.Do you really think that it will affect Sexstones's pay packet.I for one probably won't be able to get a ticket but I hope the ground is full and the club make a shed load of money that can be given to Gary to strengthen the team and keep us in this division.I really hope you fail in putting others off going.

STOP MOANING EVERYONE.

IF YOU CANT AFFORD OR don't WANT TO GO AGAINST MAN CITY THEN don't GO.

I FOR ONE WILL BE THERE SKY OR NOT.

REMEMBER IT WAS NOT SO LONG AGO THAT WE WERE PLAYING TEAMS LIKE BOSTON IN THIS COMPETITION.

I HAVE ONLY JUST JOINED THIS FORUM AND I'm SO FED UP OF EVERYONE MOANING ALL THE TIME.

IVE SEEN CITY BOTTOM OF THE 4th AND NEARLY GOING OUT OF BUISNESS,AND AS FAR AS I'm CONCERNED WE HAVE A GREAT MANAGER WITH A GOOD BOARD AND THE STRONGEST SQUAD WE HAVE EVER HAD.

END OF RANT

Looking at the presentation of your post I fully understand that maybe you can't grasp the principles and reason's to why people are pissed off with the ticketing arrangements and pricing for the Man City match.

No offence what what you've written is ignorant and pretty much irrelevant IMO.

how have you purchased high profile cup tickets in the past?

When we went to the Auto Windscreens final I got up at 6am and stood in a queue all the way round the stadium, when we went to the LDV final and the play offs I was taking the disabled child I look after so that was a different arrangement. When it was the Boro tickets they were selling them in the evenings so I went down there after work and again got in a big queue.

The thing I'm complaining about is the lack of thought, they could have given ST holders until Wednesday which still gives the club a full two weeks to sell tickets to the general public. There are 1400 fans who went to Blackpool yesterday and were either made to get up early again this morning, or sit in a phone queue paying for every minute they were on hold. There would be less chaos and rush if there was a longer period of time for ST holders to get their tickets.

in fairness the game isn't actually going to be a sell out though, we have a similar profile games few years back against Leeds and Newcastle and neither of them sold out, the league cup just doesn't seem to have the attraction regardless of the team we are playing, the newcastle game only got an attendance of under 16k back then and I'd be gobsmacked if we got anything like that for this games, especially as it is on sky

It's difficult to gage accurately how many will be staying away for the Man C game but from the vibes on this forum it would see more arent going than are?

My brother - 'cooter' on this forum - is a season ticket holder and he spent about an hour today trying to get through on the club's hotline to buy tickets. He gave up without success. I'm just hoping there are tickets left for the Man City game prior to the S****horpe game otherwise there's no way I can get the tickets.

What a balls up, can't see why the club can't sell a few thousand online after priority groups have had theirs.

in fairness the game isn't actually going to be a sell out though, we have a similar profile games few years back against Leeds and Newcastle and neither of them sold out, the league cup just doesn't seem to have the attraction regardless of the team we are playing, the newcastle game only got an attendance of under 16k back then and I'd be gobsmacked if we got anything like that for this games, especially as it is on sky

If this is the case surely even more reason to reduce the pricing and fill the stadium??? If tickets were between £15-£20 the ground would of sold out no problem.Now no chance IMO.

one thing I don't get and must be sorted is a online system for ST's holders to get tickets for cup games, it would just make things so much easier and reduce a large amount of person visits and phone calls to the club.........problem is the system will probably cost a few quid to introduce so people would moan about a 70p processing fee or whatever.

thats the annoying thing Terry ......... online ticket purchasing is there .......... i can buy a ticket on line for all the league games ..

someone is just to lazy or greedy to add the man city game to the online ticket options

:englandsmile4wf:

There are hundreds who shell out a hell of a lot more than that to see a game home and away.

I'm one of them

The prices are fine - the standard was set at the start of the season.

My standard price was £19.78, I'll gladly pay that.

The window for ST holders to get tickets is the issue, not the price as you say, but without a decent online system how can we get tickets ?

Put in a decent online system, that would stop all this nonsense and have a longer window.

Sat & Sun Personal Callers & Phones as per the current situation.

Tues:No Sales

Weds & Thurs ST Holders + Priority Groups 9am-9pm Phones or Personal After that, free for all.

That leaves Fri & Sat, Mon & Tuesday until 5pm (say) for Joe Public, POD etc.I doubt it will become all ticket at this rate.

The club need to give people reasons to go not reasons not to.

Archived