IGNORED

Boycott Man City Game

Guest east_dundry_red

Firstly, I don't live in Bristol and went to Blackpool but managed perfectly to get a Man city ticket. I understand fully that it is not the best way to treat season ticket holders but it is manageable if you really want to go. I'm sure in this day and age with technology, mobiles and a little bit of time spent on hold, you don't need to drive down the gate.

Secondly, for all those of you "boycotting" the game, then can I have your seats because I know of plenty of people who may not get tickets simply because of the fact they work some weekends and can not make it to every game to warrant having a season ticket? They would gladly accept them.

STOP MOANING EVERYONE.

IF YOU CANT AFFORD OR don't WANT TO GO AGAINST MAN CITY THEN don't GO.

I FOR ONE WILL BE THERE SKY OR NOT.

REMEMBER IT WAS NOT SO LONG AGO THAT WE WERE PLAYING TEAMS LIKE BOSTON IN THIS COMPETITION.

I HAVE ONLY JUST JOINED THIS FORUM AND I'm SO FED UP OF EVERYONE MOANING ALL THE TIME.

IVE SEEN CITY BOTTOM OF THE 4th AND NEARLY GOING OUT OF BUISNESS,AND AS FAR AS I'm CONCERNED WE HAVE A GREAT MANAGER WITH A GOOD BOARD AND THE STRONGEST SQUAD WE HAVE EVER HAD.

END OF RANT

:clapping:

Well said. I have never met a crowd like it on here! Football is now a business, unless you want to end like Leeds, Cardiff etc, get over it and stop moaning!

Honestly, boycotts, my god grow up

I have to say I disagree with those who are expecting a poor attendance for the games. Quite a few of my mates have asked me how they would go about getting tickets, and will definately be attending. These are guys who have shown no interest in watching City before, and that includes the Boro game. It may not sell-out but there won't be many spare seats outside of the away end.

I'm not going to boycott the Man City game as such, I'm just not going to go. Someone will fill my 2 untaken places (me plus 1 child) and as such the club wins and so do I. Everyone is happy :D

At the end of the day if someone wants to pau the asking price it is up to them, a personal decision based on individual factors. For me have the lads round for ciders and curry to watch it on sky will be £10 tops I would have thought, a reasonable saving of £16 per head for what promises to be a good even for those watching at the ground, or at home or down the pub.

But the main issue is the way in which the club ALWAYS cocks up the ticketing arrangements for any game such as this - or any game where they offer anything other than the standard fare.

That is what needs addressing - not the prices, we all agreed to those as soon as over 9,000 people bought season tickets at the prices demanded.

Spot on every year I read the same things about vouchers for this or tickets must be bought by a certain date and yet we the fans never get our arses into gear and sort a proper protest out.

It's not hard to get a decent ticketing system, Ticketmaster etc mangage as do clubs with a much laregr fan base than ours.

I feel once our future is secure in the Championship we should then have a few games where home fans do NOT attend to make a point to the Club.

Football is now a business, unless you want to end like Leeds, Cardiff etc, get over it and stop moaning!

Honestly, boycotts, my god grow up

Key rule of business - Keep the customer satisfied.

I consider myself grown up, as I have the ability to respect people with differing opinions to me.

No offence what what you've written is ignorant and pretty much irrelevant IMO.

what do you mean ignorant???????????

i have watched city home and away at there lowest point.

you want success then you have to pay for it.

all these new signings and future signings need to be paid for if we want to continue our progress.

if we were playing man city away no one would worry about the cost and everyone would make sure they were down the ground to get a ticket

I too watched City at the lowest point along with being one of gate once of less than 3000 for a league game not that it really has got anything to do with it by the way. Oddly this succcess you are talking about is cheaper at the "majority" of championship sides. Check out the season ticket prices elsewhere or the pay on the day prices at established clubs like Argyle or Cardiff. Well Well over the odds being charged here.

what do you mean ignorant???????????

Your comprehension of why people of are not going is nil.

i have watched city home and away at there lowest point.

Why are you telling us that? Do you want a medal!! Irrelevant.

you want success then you have to pay for it.

Is that how you justify all of the price hikes this season including CATS, You keep telling yourself that!

Sexstone must love you!

Key rule of business - Keep the customer satisfied.

I consider myself grown up, as I have the ability to respect people with differing opinions to me.

Keep the customers happy on the pitch, leave the business side to the experts! I respect peoples opinions, but some on this forum complain about every little thing. If city kept their "customers" happy with pricing, we would end up in the shiite.

If City don't perform, then the board need to release the funds to improve the situation, if they don't then take action.

Agree - I find it really difficult to watch City on TV its far too emotional and you can make a right prat of yourself....

I respect everyone's opinion but it is each to their own. I live near enough to walk to get the tickets but still have to pay 5% for buying £250+ worth of tickets for my mates (All STs).. Not sure that is correct. Maybe I should start buying tickets for out of town Sts and save their petrol and charge only a flat £3 handling fee - could be a right little earner !!!!!!!

last time i watched city on tv ended up throwing beer all over the carpet when we scored

The thing I'm complaining about is the lack of thought, they could have given ST holders until Wednesday which still gives the club a full two weeks to sell tickets to the general public.

If they gave season ticket holders till Wednesday, it only gives one week to sell tickets to the general public.

The game is on 29th August, a week on Wednesday not two weeks!

I'm not going but not because of the prices, for some reason i just cant get up for the carling/ldv games, they mean absolutley nothing to me, even though i will watch the game at home on TV. I'm also not that bothered about watching Man City, a team full of foreigners ive never heard of.

I'm not going but not because of the prices, for some reason i just cant get up for the carling/ldv games, they mean absolutley nothing to me, even though i will watch the game at home on TV. I'm also not that bothered about watching Man City, a team full of foreigners ive never heard of.

I'll tell you, they've got me (and yes, sorryfully it has become an us vs them situation) because potentially this could go down on our historical record and so to not witness it after 1-5 Blackpool, 2-4 S****horpe, Chesterfield, Wolves, Swindle etc etc would be like bighting off ones nose to spite ones face. That's Football, or £26, or RedTop/Robbored spinning lies.

If they gave season ticket holders till Wednesday, it only gives one week to sell tickets to the general public.

The game is on 29th August, a week on Wednesday not two weeks!

ST = 9,200

Away Fans 2,000

Total 11,200

Capacity 19,500

That leaves 8,300 to sell in a week.

We sold 9,000 in a day for the Boro game last season.

Not difficult is it? :disapointed2se:

And if we sorted out the online sales it would be even simpler.

I'll tell you, they've got me (and yes, sorryfully it has become an us vs them situation) because potentially this could go down on our historical record and so to not witness it after 1-5 Blackpool, 2-4 S****horpe, Chesterfield, Wolves, Swindle etc etc would be like bighting off ones nose to spite ones face. That's Football, or £26, or RedTop/Robbored spinning lies.

good shout, who can forgot the 5-0 at home to newcastle, when Ginola ripped us to pieces!

good shout, who can forgot the 5-0 at home to newcastle, when Ginola ripped us to pieces!

The words:''assed'' and ''kicked'' spring to mind.

For the record, Robins72 territory, we were the first team to take the lead at St.James's Park that season (edit:other than Newcastle, pedants) altough subsequently lost the 2nd leg 3-1, '95/96 one believes.

Keegan, tuh, will tell you what, would have loved it, LOVED IT!, had they beaten them. God Bless the raving loon.

The words:''assed'' and ''kicked'' spring to mind.

For the record, Robins72 territory, we were the first team to take the lead at St.James's Park that season altough subsequently lost the 2nd leg 3-1, '95/96 one believes.

Keegan, tuh, will tell you what, would have loved it, LOVED IT!, had they beaten them. God Bless the raving loon.

good old Agostino!

• SC&T Board Members

So, the conundrum is that people feel taken for granted and badly treated and want to make this clear to the club ... but we're all fans, so don't really want to miss the game and don't want to withdraw our support from GJ and team.

The question, then, is this: Is there anything fans can do to express their dissatisfaction that will register with CS and his admin bods, while still being at the game and getting behind the lads?

Well, if it's the commercial side of the club that fans aren't happy with, maybe the 'boycott' should be of the club's match-day commercial activities? OK, so lots of fans like to have a programme of every game they attend ... but nobody HAS to buy a Coke or a pasty, do they? If kiosk sales were well, well down next Wednesday, do you think Lindley Catering would be having words with the club to ask what was going on?

Or if the club shop took next to no sales that evening, do you think CS might get the message?

Either or both actions would be a simple case of "customers" choosing not to give "Ashton Gate Stadium Limited" their custom, while still supporting Bristol City Football Club on the pitch 100%.

So, the conundrum is that people feel taken for granted and badly treated and want to make this clear to the club ... but we're all fans, so don't really want to miss the game and don't want to withdraw our support from GJ and team.

The question, then, is this: Is there anything fans can do to express their dissatisfaction that will register with CS and his admin bods, while still being at the game and getting behind the lads?

Well, if it's the commercial side of the club that fans aren't happy with, maybe the 'boycott' should be of the club's match-day commercial activities? OK, so lots of fans like to have a programme of every game they attend ... but nobody HAS to buy a Coke or a pasty, do they? If kiosk sales were well, well down next Wednesday, do you think Lindley Catering would be having words with the club to ask what was going on?

Or if the club shop took next to no sales that evening, do you think CS might get the message?

Either or both actions would be a simple case of "customers" choosing not to give "Ashton Gate Stadium Limited" their custom, while still supporting Bristol City Football Club on the pitch 100%.

We need an East End activestesque approach to this, chap.

Have you got the confidence, motivation and desire to pull it off?

Another stumbling block will be internal warfare amongst us, The People.

Colin Sexstone, I hope you're reading this, we are not ##### amused.

Many have ears but do not hear and all that bollox..

£56 for two tickets, babysitting to get organised, busy weekend with no time to get down the Gate, only the 2nd round of the League Cup, live on Sky.....this is all adding up to only one thing for me......

Proved to myself last season that I am able to miss minor cup games (didn't go to any LDV/JPT/whatever it's called), and unless we get through a couple more rounds this is very much a minor cup game. The FA Cup is still the only great one in my mind.

When we went to the Auto Windscreens final I got up at 6am and stood in a queue all the way round the stadium, when we went to the LDV final and the play offs I was taking the disabled child I look after so that was a different arrangement. When it was the Boro tickets they were selling them in the evenings so I went down there after work and again got in a big queue.

The thing I'm complaining about is the lack of thought, they could have given ST holders until Wednesday which still gives the club a full two weeks to sell tickets to the general public. There are 1400 fans who went to Blackpool yesterday and were either made to get up early again this morning, or sit in a phone queue paying for every minute they were on hold. There would be less chaos and rush if there was a longer period of time for ST holders to get their tickets.

My thoughts as well. 10.000 ST holders get 3 days to get their seats, Man City get say 3,000 which leaves another 6,000 who get until nexzt Tuesday to get their seats - doesn't make sense. I called yesterday and after just 20 mins had my seats so the club must have had some extra staff (although a little inexperienced) on the phones - well done.

I wrote to the club last year after the Rovers ticket fiasco and suggested they should allow ST holders the option of reserving their seat for EVERY competitive match. Thast means Barnet on a Tuesday or man City on a Wednesday - you pay for and get your ticket for them all. If you can't go tough. I'd go for it to save the nuisance of phoning/queing and the uncertainty of getting a ticket at all in some cases. Would certainly help me and the other exiles who can't pop by the club.

Oh - my request was ignored.

Not quite sure what people want on this subject. The club has given ST holders the option to get tickets first by opening the office on Sunday and the phone lines until 10pm Monday. Because of matches and the bank holiday there is very little time to get the tickets out so it would be a problem extending the time for ST holders any longer than they have.

Has anybody who is moaning about getting tickets actually tried. I did and got through to the ticket office straight away yesterday afternoon so there was no problem at all.

• SC&T Board Members
My thoughts as well. 10.000 ST holders get 3 days to get their seats, Man City get say 3,000 which leaves another 6,000 who get until nexzt Tuesday to get their seats - doesn't make sense. I called yesterday and after just 20 mins had my seats so the club must have had some extra staff (although a little inexperienced) on the phones - well done.

I wrote to the club last year after the Rovers ticket fiasco and suggested they should allow ST holders the option of reserving their seat for EVERY competitive match. Thast means Barnet on a Tuesday or man City on a Wednesday - you pay for and get your ticket for them all. If you can't go tough. I'd go for it to save the nuisance of phoning/queing and the uncertainty of getting a ticket at all in some cases. Would certainly help me and the other exiles who can't pop by the club.

Oh - my request was ignored.

But surely you got a courteous letter in reply, acknowledging receipt of your suggestion ... or then again, from our commercial department, maybe not!

Archived