IGNORED

No East End Tickets Ever

bringbacktherobin

Did much actually happen???

My abiding memory of the game was some kid in front of me bringing his breakfast up due to too much Shandy!

There was a lot of posturing etc, but there were about 4-5 stewards, no police untill the stewards were worried about things getting out of hand

Surely the old bill should have been there in the first place,then the pissed up teenagers who thought they were Danny Dyer would have thought twice,with the threat of getting nicked.

And anyway if their going to open the eastend up to everyone come the big games as some people seem to think then surely there are big lessons to be learned by the club.

Oh yeah and the tannoy still sounds rubbish.

i have just been on the phone to the ticket line as i purchased an east end ticket online some 2 weeks ago. i asked if i would be ok to still go into the stand as i am not a season ticket holder just have my unreserved seating ticket and the woman said i think so. i am however not convinced i do hope i don't get turned away tomorrow can anyone help me resolve this concern as i don't want a £23 piece of worthless paper

Just rang my mate to tell him i couldnt get him the ticket he wanted.

He said he cant be bothered to go down now, he was happy to give the club his money but he isnt going to sit on his own like billy no mates when he should be in the east end.

bristolred91, it is right. Your mates probably got there tickets before the club thought it would be a bit of a laugh to stop any more sales because all fans that use the east end want the away fans blood.

I think its a great shame. The Supporters Trust worked really hard to get the East End opened last season along with some regular posters on here and Subcider forum. Why should the ordinary fan who goes to watch a game of football have to suffer for a few individuals whos behaviour is wrong. This behaviour could happen in any other stand of the stadium and be dealt with by a steward. A couple of seasons ago I had an incident with a fan in my block who was removed from his seat for causing trouble. Surely the same can be done in the east end? Its unfair to let the majority suffer for the minority. I hope something is done about this so that people can pay to create an atmosphere in the East End which is why it was opened to home fans in the first place!

Looks like Sat will be my last game watching this season then.

We`ve done this before about a million times its about freedom of choice :disapointed2se:

Trouble and ejections from other stands are ignored while the home end of City fans is dumped on; ~~~~ them :disapointed2se:

I think its a great shame. The Supporters Trust worked really hard to get the East End opened last season along with some regular posters on here and Subcider forum. Why should the ordinary fan who goes to watch a game of football have to suffer for a few individuals whos behaviour is wrong. This behaviour could happen in any other stand of the stadium and be dealt with by a steward. A couple of seasons ago I had an incident with a fan in my block who was removed from his seat for causing trouble. Surely the same can be done in the east end? Its unfair to let the majority suffer for the minority. I hope something is done about this so that people can pay to create an atmosphere in the East End which is why it was opened to home fans in the first place!

Was there not a ruckus in the prem seats a while back; anything happen about that :redcard::disapointed2se:

Was there not a ruckus in the prem seats a while back; anything happen about that :redcard::disapointed2se:

That was Coventry fans if I remember rightly Glos when we scored there was a rucous! I think its very ott not sure whether the club really want to bother with the east end and are using this as an excuse. But such a shame after all the petitions and hard work put in by individuals to make it happen this season. If ever we wanted to create an atmosphere was this season with us playing in a higher league.

Its good to see the Club doing all it can to help the manager & players achieve success. NOT! ;)

FFS, if the 'suits' & business management of the Club refuse to understand the fans point of view then thats bad enough but to ignore positive comments made by the Team Manager & playing staff about the support & encouragement that they experience on the field from the EastEnders when the EE is open baffles belief.. Why cant they see that the E E is an asset?

I'm surprised Sexstone & Co have got any toes left, they've shot themselves in the foot so often lately!.

(AND IF ANY OF THE HANDFUL OF CHAVY KNOBS WHO STILL THINK ITS BIG & CLEVER TO ACT LIKE TO$ $ERS, PLAY INTO SEXSTONES HANDS & SPOIL IT FOR EVERYONE ELSE HAPPENS TO BE READING THIS (actually, more than likely, happen to have someone else reading this for you..) - THE MESSAGE FROM CITY FANS TO YOU LOT IS - F * * K OFF, STAY AT HOME, PLAY ON YER PS2's OR SOMETHING DO WHAT THE F* *K YOU WANT - BUT STAY AWAY FROM ASHTON GATE, YOU AINT WELCOME OR WANTED...)

That was Coventry fans if I remember rightly Glos when we scored there was a rucous! I think its very ott not sure whether the club really want to bother with the east end and are using this as an excuse. But such a shame after all the petitions and hard work put in by individuals to make it happen this season. If ever we wanted to create an atmosphere was this season with us playing in a higher league.

Will be the final straw for me if true, what with this and the Atyeo walkway thing :disapointed2se: looks like its back to my armchair after this Sat. :(

Or maybe the club could learn how to police a ground?

Lets say for instance, someone buys someone under age beer in the red and white bar, Should all beer sales be banned from there incase of futher underage sales?

Its a joke, how do they know the people causing "trouble" wernt season ticket holders?

Shove the away fans somewhere else and give us our east end back.

ee1qv9.jpg

Take away the netting that is currently in place, Put the away fans there. It means they can use the current away fans turnsitles aswell as the current home ones.

Looks like a good idea to me

It is not a 'so called' minority it IS a minority and an amoebic lot at that.

Whilst it is unfair to have a blanket 'NO' to the east end in this way you cannot blame City... every club in the land would probably do the same thing on the advise of the Police. You can blame the Police if you like but then again once word gets out by the mindless few that few becomes gradually larger until you have a full scale problem on your hands.

As far as I am concerned any argument against City on this one is futile and I for one cannot blame them; they were lobbied for years to re-open the East End; no matter how you look at it this is a slap in the chops for them and they have reacted. You had your chance, some airheads lost the pea in the brain and the rest have to pay, life is tough, move on.

I have never heard such rubbish in all my life, how come all they need is one line of stewards for the North London derby, Man u v L'pool, the Manchester derby, once again it is just awful management, terrible PR and another totally ott reaction from whichever dummy makes these decisions, i haven't been in the EE for over 20 years but to see it used by City fans and to hear the noise that comes from it i'm sure gives everybody a lift

Statement from the OS

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,1...1099033,00.html

EAST END AN OVERFLOW AREA
Posted on: Fri 24 Aug 2007

Following discussions with Avon & Somerset Police, the club has announced the East End will only be used by season ticket holders unless demand dictates otherwise on a matchday.

Incidents at the QPR game on the opening day of the season led to six arrests and a subsequent review by the Police and club.

For the current time, tickets will only be sold in East End for overflow purposes should sales dictate.

Further discussions are due to take place with the Police in the near future.

But the east end being a over flow doesnt work!!! People who are only going to be going to the big games don't want the east end! Give it back to fans that want to have a good time.

Statement from the OS

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,1...1099033,00.html

EAST END AN OVERFLOW AREA
Posted on: Fri 24 Aug 2007

Following discussions with Avon & Somerset Police, the club has announced the East End will only be used by season ticket holders unless demand dictates otherwise on a matchday.

Incidents at the QPR game on the opening day of the season led to six arrests and a subsequent review by the Police and club.

For the current time, tickets will only be sold in East End for overflow purposes should sales dictate.

Further discussions are due to take place with the Police in the near future.

But the east end being a over flow doesnt work!!! People who are only going to be going to the big games don't want the east end! Give it back to fans that want to have a good time.

Are they really trying to say that our army of stewards and the might of the A&S police force wont be able to handle S****horpe at AG, it is to preposterous for words, God help us if we ever get to the promised land, its a good job none of these goons were in charge when we were last in the top flight, remember the Park End?

This whole thing is ridiculous. The Club, Police and members of this board have over-exaggerated the goings on prior to QPR in the East End. Massively.

A few young lads were exchanging verbals (as I've seen countless times in the Dolman and Williams). Enough for a police review and for the club to basically lock the doors on the East End? Never.

Shit decision by the club... AGAIN.

This whole thing is ridiculous. The Club, Police and members of this board have over-exaggerated the goings on prior to QPR in the East End. Massively.

A few young lads were exchanging verbals (as I've seen countless times in the Dolman and Williams). Enough for a police review and for the club to basically lock the doors on the East End? Never.

Shit decision by the club... AGAIN.

Spot on; any excuse; last game for a while tomorrow for me; then I walk away IN DISGUST

It's a real shame that after all the hard work by North Street, ciderhead and the subbers, and the Supporter's Trust, that the club is taking action like this.

However it's not as simple as just blaming Sextoy or the club. There are several things going on here.

1) Some chavvy little morons DID cause trouble in the east end against QPR. Now, you can argue that it wasn't much trouble, they were just being boisterous or noone got hurt but it was always obvious that anything that could be viewed as a disturbance by the police/stewards was going to be one problem too many particularly in the first game back in there. Behaviour needed to be exemplary and because of a tiny minority of absolute ####wits that think they're hard and have no self control it wasn't. That undermined all of the hard work people have done and that's where the large part of the blame must lie.

2) Policing and Stewarding needs to be better. Reports of people being pulled out for swearing seem to indicate that too heavy a hand was used and in what is a designated singing area more discretion and common bloody sense was needed. Possibly this sort of confrontation contributed to the situation, myself I doubt it.

3) When the club is given advice by the police it is left with little choice simply because if it does not follow that advice and something does happen you can be damn certain where the finger will get pointed.

4) The club again has shown it has absolutely no PR sense whatsoever. The East End issue was contentious, it was known perfectly clearly that this sort of decision was going to cause upset, yet fans found out about it from the ticket office. That's completely crap and it's not the first time, or even the tenth time they've screwed up simple things like this. The club should have announced this first, with comment from SL, instead of putting up an anonymous statement after fans have already found out.

Now, the announcement says "at the current time" and indicates use of the east end will be an overflow. That means that people who want to be in there have a chance. Look at the fixture list. After S****horpe we have Man City and West Brom. There's a reasonable chance that overflow will be needed. If it is, the important thing is that the matches pass off without any incident of any kind no matter how minor. If that happens perhaps the situation will change. After all, although SL and CS were stubborn in their views on the East End the truth is that when they were made to see the depth of feeling they DID relent and allow tickets in there this season.

So to re cap, the vocal support is fractured further as it will now be full off big game fans stiffiling those desperate to make a vocal difference.

It was bad enough stopping under 16's getting season tickets (Yes they could pay under 21's prices but that's not on) but now no ###### can use it apart from the presumed faithful few that bought tickets for the season.

I await Red Top and Megansdad to come on here an applaud the club for this decision.

I hate to admit defeat but everybody involved has tried to make the EE a workable situation for both the club and the fans, we thought they had genuinely listened to our point of view but i feel this was not the case and was paid what i can only term as lip service.

Every game we play they use a different ticketing scenario to make it all so difficult for us to make it work, the club have now made their mind up and clearly do not want us in there, at this moment they are probably regretting the decision to sell season tickets in the EE and will try to find a way to transfer those fans out.

For me the time has come to hold our hands up and say we gave it our best shot but it was not good enough come the end, and if we were to be honest with each other we didn"t even get the backing of those fans who said they wanted it open, if the true take up is only 300 then all that hard work put in by all involved was virtually wasted.

yours midland red.

I hate to admit defeat but everybody involved has tried to make the EE a workable situation for both the club and the fans, we thought they had genuinely listened to our point of view but i feel this was not the case and was paid what i can only term as lip service.

Every game we play they use a different ticketing scenario to make it all so difficult for us to make it work, the club have now made their mind up and clearly do not want us in there, at this moment they are probably regretting the decision to sell season tickets in the EE and will try to find a way to transfer those fans out.

For me the time has come to hold our hands up and say we gave it our best shot but it was not good enough come the end, and if we were to be honest with each other we didn"t even get the backing of those fans who said they wanted it open, if the true take up is only 300 then all that hard work put in by all involved was virtually wasted.

yours midland red.

If they do eventually decide to try and transfer the season tickets holders out(which it does seem they are desperate to do...) i hope they offer a refund *or* a transfer( to another part of the ground, not another club to the comedians out there.)

Since i'm pretty sure i'd want the refund. Thats hardly likely though.

One thing though, this is likely to be my last season for some time, until the club sorts itself out.

Edit: to attempt to make what i was trying to say simpler to understand...

This is once again ridiculous but I am not suprised at the actions taken by the club.

Unfortunately, where you have two sets of passionate fans next to each other with only one steward either side "trouble" is likely to happen so why not have actually "policed" the area? We all have to suffer because of the minority again but there was a number of other actions the club could have taken in response to what "happend". This action in my opinion was by FAR the worst but like I said I am not suprised. Thanks CITY!

I still think you can purchase season tickets for the Eastend,I hope 600 were sold already so we have a presence in there still,if they do decide to kick us all out,then a refund please and bye bye Bristol City from me,I am sick and tired of this clubs attitude to the supporters prices stupid days,diferent arrangements each game to get a ticket,premium ticket line,trying to get as much from people as they can we are still mostly on a average salaries your making it very dificult for us.

Archived