IGNORED

Lee Trundle

Redbarn

I hope today is the day that Lee Trundle quells any misgivings City fans may still harbour after his move to AG. I for one am one of those. We have seen flashes of his ability thus far, but IMHO he still has a lot more to prove to justify that £1m.

Let's hope he feels the same way, especially as that S****horpe lot are getting just a bit too "Puffed-Up" and need pulling down a peg or two. :chant6ez:

If he scores today, then the immediate pressure abates and he may well go on a prolific run, would help if he had a partner up front who looked interested, which imo, Enoch doesn't.

I still believe that he could be very effective alongside Brooks, so the sooner Steve is available the better, both have strength and know where the goal is and have the footballing intelligence to drop deep and push up where required.

If he scores today, then the immediate pressure abates and he may well go on a prolific run, would help if he had a partner up front who looked interested, which imo, Enoch doesn't.

I still believe that he could be very effective alongside Brooks, so the sooner Steve is available the better, both have strength and know where the goal is and have the footballing intelligence to drop deep and push up where required.

Agree with all that WRH.

If he scores today, he will celebrate like a lunitic, and 15000 others as well

To be honest, i'm not bothered if he doesn't notch today or the next 4/5 games; after that I may be willing the ball in a bit.

He is new to this level and it takes everybody time to adjust. Scoring goals is still one of the hardest things to do at any level, so he needs time.

£1M doesn't buy instant success, but, i'm sure he will be a success.

Going away from City, look at Drogba; different level of football to adjust too, comical first season. Following season, looked like a totally different player. Continues like he is, and has a good chance of being one of the most feared strikers in Europe. But, it took him a whole season to find his feet at that level.

Don't think it will take Trundle that long, but, it won't help if fans start getting anxious if he goes a couple more games without notching. His pedigree and consistency at the lower levels suggest, at least to me, that he will find the mark sooner rather than later.

To be honest, i'm not bothered if he doesn't notch today or the next 4/5 games; after that I may be willing the ball in a bit.

He is new to this level and it takes everybody time to adjust. Scoring goals is still one of the hardest things to do at any level, so he needs time.

£1M doesn't buy instant success, but, i'm sure he will be a success.

Going away from City, look at Drogba; different level of football to adjust too, comical first season. Following season, looked like a totally different player. Continues like he is, and has a good chance of being one of the most feared strikers in Europe. But, it took him a whole season to find his feet at that level.

Don't think it will take Trundle that long, but, it won't help if fans start getting anxious if he goes a couple more games without notching. His pedigree and consistency at the lower levels suggest, at least to me, that he will find the mark sooner rather than later.

£1m does not buy instant success, true, but to go another 4-5 games without scoring?...the City Bloodhounds would soon be nipping at his heels!

As for your comparision with Drugbar, his first season at SB was pretty good really, considering he spent more than 2 months sidelined through injury...so his 16 goals in 40 matches was exceptionable.

£1m does not buy instant success, true, but to go another 4-5 games without scoring?...the City Bloodhounds would soon be nipping at his heels!

That's up to them, i'm a realist. Some of the greatest players can have a patch where it doesn't go for them, Trundle won't be an exception. I think some people expected him to simply turn up and score for fun.

As for your comparision with Drugbar, his first season at SB was pretty good really, considering he spent more than 2 months sidelined through injury...so his 16 goals in 40 matches was exceptionable.

Was it that many?, i'm surprised. I can remember a lot of misses and woeful hold up play, but, the goals don't really stick out. Perhaps, like others at the time, I was too focussed on the negatives.

Bad comparison I guess, albeit, he did have a lot of doubters who would have to concede now that they were wrong.

I hope today is the day that Lee Trundle quells any misgivings City fans may still harbour after his move to AG. I for one am one of those. We have seen flashes of his ability thus far, but IMHO he still has a lot more to prove to justify that £1m.

Let's hope he feels the same way, especially as that S****horpe lot are getting just a bit too "Puffed-Up" and need pulling down a peg or two. :chant6ez:

I hope he scores today too, but won't be too bothered whoever gets the goals. In my opinion he got us the point at Blackpool last week, so he's already contributed without scoring. Murray scored, but it was Trundles excellent work that brought about the goal.

As for Scunny, don't worry mate, they'll be knocked off their perch soon enough!

Does he still have to prove anything?

IMHO £1m = Fully Justified!

Archived