IGNORED

Marvin Elliott

ChubStixx

My man of the match - what an excellent contribution this player made today!

When he described himself as a box-to-box player during his first official interview - he certainly wasn't lying. He was everywhere today; quick, strong, fantastic in the air, fantastic in the tackle and virtually first to every loose ball.

After arriving at Ashton Gate through the back door, providing he keeps it up, he looks like not only being our signing of the season, but being a very valuable asset indeed!

Superb.

My man of the match - what an excellent contribution this player made today!

When he described himself as a box-to-box player during his first official interview - he certainly wasn't lying. He was everywhere today; quick, strong, fantastic in the air, fantastic in the tackle and virtually first to every loose ball.

After arriving at Ashton Gate through the back door, providing he keeps it up, he looks like not only being our signing of the season, but being a very valuable asset indeed!

Superb.

Qaulity addition to the squad,excellent capture long my it continue.

I though Elliott, Mini-Me and Orr (apart from the odd stray pass) all played very well today although it is probably unfair to pick out individuals as, in spite of the true quality shown by Trundle, the win was a proper team effort. The only player to me in the back four who looks like he is searching for form is McCallister but he still kept going and put in a full shift.

Can only agree about Elliott. He seems to be the type of player we have been missing for some time. Millwall fans said he had talent but a bad attitude. We are seeing the first and let's hope we don't see the latter.

Well played (again) son.

My Mom today.

U REDS

Didnt think he was that good today compared to other performances, but no doubt he has some talent.

EH??? What game were you watching. He was awesone today, everywhere. I've seen him in 3 games + 1 pre season so far, and i can't think of a midfielder we've had for donkeys years who gets across the midfield like that, what a engine. Also can break up play and provide that initial 30 yd break to take the pressure off. Fair play Gary, must admit I didnt know a lot about him but what a addition he could be, especially when we're under pressure away from home.

If Trundle didn't score those two belters today then it was a toss up between Orr and Elliott for my MOTM. The man was immense yet again.

Playing in that sort of heat takes some doing and he kept going hammer and tong for the whole 94 minutes. Christ, I was knackered watching him in those conditions let alone charging around the pitch in it! One moment towards the end of the game today reminded me of Owen Hargreaves against Portugal last summer when he displayed similar desire in the 117th minute to charge 70 yards and come away with the ball.

If he keeps this up, he'll have player of the season sewn up by Christmas and IMHO I can't see a way for Skuse to force his way back into the team.

Fantastic player, what we've always needed, somebody you would HATE to play against. And better distritubtion than I thought he had. Best signing in years and my MOTM. Trundles goals were outstanding today, and its that type of thing (making a goal from nothing) that will keep us at this level at the very least.

What a waste of money? HA! Bargain.

Eh? (X3)

He was brilliant, I am sure he is 4 stone lighter after all that running in the heat!

Elliott seems to have telescopic legs and was often winning possession today with headlong tackles where he hardly broke stride. He could be our best central-midfield prospect since the legendary Gary Shelton. There's one for the teenagers; ask your dad.

Elliott seems to have telescopic legs and was often winning possession today with headlong tackles where he hardly broke stride. He could be our best central-midfield prospect since the legendary Gary Shelton. There's one for the teenagers; ask your dad.

I don't remember Shelton using his strength the way Elliot does. It is really good to see one of our midfielders using his muscle to push opposition players off the ball, look up and play a pinpoint pass. Something Skuse will never do in a million billion years!

I don't remember Shelton using his strength the way Elliot does. It is really good to see one of our midfielders using his muscle to push opposition players off the ball, look up and play a pinpoint pass. Something Skuse will never do in a million billion years!

Gary Shelton ran through (figurative) brick walls whilst playing for City and also scored some useful goals.

Thought he was staggering today in those conditions. Can't recall a fitter player at AG in years. When poor little Lee made a break forward he was dragging himself back at walking pace with Marvin zooming past him and more often than not winning the ball back. Cult hero in the making methinks.

Wasen't Shelton quite thin? Reminds me more of Bobby Hutchinsson bodywise. But Elliott is far fitter for sure.

Marv was superb today. I would say that was the best midfield performance I have seen by a City player in 10 years. He was everywhere and seems to have everything in his locker. Excellent engine, good passer and great tackler. He also appears to be as strong as an ox. If he carries on like today he is going to be some player for us. WOW.

too the words right out of my mouth, exactly what a couple of us were saying, we haven't been blessed with a top quality defensive minded box to box man for well years, has the potenital to be the best midfielder since shelton

the name Martin Kuhl did come up though.........we then moved swiftly on!

Archived