IGNORED

Marvin Elliott

ChubStixx

I thought Elliott's contribution was superb for the whole 90 minutes. You have to give Trundle MotM because he created and executed the two goals that won us the three points, but Elliott was by far and away the best other player on the pitch.

I would love to know the Prozone stats on how much ground he covered. I'll wager he ran far further than any other player over the 90 minutes.

If he can keep this up through the season, then Gary will have saved SteveL a lot of money because it would surely cost us a fortune to buy quality like that if we had to pay for it.

Elliott has had an awesome start to his City career, long may it continue.

I was under the impression that we'd signed a defensive midfielder, but his work rate is extraordinary. A genuine box to box player with energy to burn. Well done to GJ and the team for spotting the talent, at with a rumoured transfer fee at around £150k, we could have signed the championship bargain of the season. Good times!

the name Martin Kuhl did come up though.........we then moved swiftly on!

Martin Kuhl! That name brings a smile to my face, BH. I remember him scoring a goal at the Swansea end, when we played the Jacks in an FA Cup 1st Round match at the Vetch ten years ago. He celebrated by running back to the half-way line, before executing a belly flop onto the aching turf. I think the pitch sank by at least a foot after that!

My man of the match - what an excellent contribution this player made today!

When he described himself as a box-to-box player during his first official interview - he certainly wasn't lying. He was everywhere today; quick, strong, fantastic in the air, fantastic in the tackle and virtually first to every loose ball.

After arriving at Ashton Gate through the back door, providing he keeps it up, he looks like not only being our signing of the season, but being a very valuable asset indeed!

Superb.take away lt goals mom was elliot but pushed hard by fontaine who played a blinder at the back :innocent06:

Elliott was immense yesterday, I'd be willing to bet he was several km ahead of anyone else on the "ground covered" stat on Prozone.

I haven't seen a player use his whole body strength when winning the ball so effectively for a long, long time. He made several saving challenges behind our defence and got in front of the strikers on occasion too.

He really does play end to end and it shows that this "holding role" b***ocks isn't needed in a 442. Well done Marvin.

I thought Elliott's contribution was superb for the whole 90 minutes. You have to give Trundle MotM because he created and executed the two goals that won us the three points, but Elliott was by far and away the best other player on the pitch.

I would love to know the Prozone stats on how much ground he covered. I'll wager he ran far further than any other player over the 90 minutes.

If he can keep this up through the season, then Gary will have saved SteveL a lot of money because it would surely cost us a fortune to buy quality like that if we had to pay for it.

I agree Elliot's contribution was superb. I just gave him MOTM. But only just, ahead of Murray.

I'd wager that Murray and Elliot covered a similar amount of ground (wouldn't you just love to see those Prozone stats?).

I don't know what they are feeding Murray at AG but I'd like some of it. Magnificent.

Archived