IGNORED

Two Points From Yesterday

formerly known as ivan

1) you can see why trundle is worth £1m regardless of his age. in a game where clear cut chances were few and far between, to moments of brilliance won the game. absolutely brilliant.

2) scott murray. some people may not agree, but i still think he would be more useful from the bench. he worked his nuts off yesterday but became less effective in the last 15 mins. i would much rather see him on for the last 15 mins with fresh legs against a tired defence. maybe this will happen now sproule is available.

i think sproule and trundle up front on wednesday in a game we have nothing to lose would be the best option. give sproule an hour of football to build up a bit of fitness ahead of the shef wed game in which his pace playing away from home could be inavailable.

1) totally agree, 2 goals from nothing, if he does that another 15 times this season we would have more than got our moneys worth.

2) totally agree, have said the same thing since Blackpool, he's better coming on in the final 30 or so, though still did give a fairly decent performance

Again, I would agree with both points.Trundle is a bit like the Goat, nothing for 88-89 minutes and then with a bit of untutored magic the net is bulging, and long may it continue.(although Trunds has worked hard for the team thusfar without having previously enjoyed such spectacular rewards!)

Scott has been tremendous as an impact player, but a full 90+ might be a tall order now, esp in that heat!!

We await Sproule with great anticipation............

Sproule is probably not match fit so Johnson may not pick him in the starting 11 but have him on the bench.What all defenders hate is someone with lighting pace coming on with 20mins left when they are feeling knackered.

Don't agree about Murray.Two goals in two games from the bench earned him a starting place and he did well imo.Playing him as a striker also gave Johnson chance to look at other options up front. Murray may not play there every week from now on but at least Johnson knows that he can play there if required.

Archived