IGNORED

Darren Caskey

Guest LeicesterRed

Guest LeicesterRed

I was talking to a Notts County supporter yesterday who was very disappointed that they have lost Caskey. He`d got some good things to say about him and apparently he was well like by County supporters. I mentioned alot of the negative comments made on here by Reading fans and he totally disagreed.

Hope he puts in some effort for us. He could make the difference.

I was talking to a Notts County supporter yesterday who was very disappointed that they have lost Caskey. He`d got some good things to say about him and apparently he was well like by County supporters. I mentioned alot of the negative comments made on here by Reading fans and he totally disagreed.

Hope he puts in some effort for us. He could make the difference.

Well i was talking to a Notts County fan who said how glad he was to see the back of him. He didnt want to be playing there and was glad his contract got cancelled. He also said how he cant understand why he has come to Bristol City as we are 'ten times better then them' and he could hardly cut it for County :whistle:

I'll cheer on anyone in a City shirt but I'm not holding out too much hope :D

Well i was talking to a Notts County fan who said how glad he was to see the back of him. He didnt want to be playing there and was glad his contract got cancelled. He also said how he cant understand why he has come to Bristol City as we are 'ten times better then them' and he could hardly cut it for County :whistle:

I am, i think he could be a bit special (Here come the jokes) but we need something right now, anything! :@

Lets suck it and see. I hope he gets a fair chance, not the instant howls from some instant success morons we have here... look at Rougier, played most of one game and has already attracted negative comments.

Give them all a chance,

dont you think we should see for ourselves first??? we havent even seen him kick a ball for us yet... who knows :D:laugh::laugh:
As i said, just passing on some comments ive heard. Ive already stated ill cheer anyone on whos wearing a City shirt. He could be a beut for us, he could be crap... all shall be reveled at Swindon?! Perhaps?! :whistle:

Here's a view I found from a Notts County supporter: Read into it what you will.

His corners were rubbish

His free kicks with the exception of one blinder against Manshfield were rubbish

His warm up routine when he was on the bench was just a farce

He turned up late for training

Often he couldn't be bothered to play

His fitness levels for a proffesional footballer have been nothing short of shocking, and were an embarresment to himself and Notts County. You really should have seen him in the first pre season friendly against Illkeston Town.

He's been knackered all season, at the end of 90 minutes it would sometimes like he was about to collapse and die

This man, despite draining around £3,000 a week for us, put 10p into the supporters suvival fund after what could possibly have been our last ever game and was allegeded to say that he didn't care whether we suvived or not

To me he will always represent the drastic failure that the past 3 years have been, it was high on promise, shocking on delivery

I don't think I'm the only Notts fan who will be glad to see the back of him

Guest rednick_74
As i said, just passing on some comments ive heard. Ive already stated ill cheer anyone on whos wearing a City shirt. He could be a beut for us, he could be crap... all shall be reveled at Swindon?! Perhaps?!  :whistle:

i know your just passsing on a bit of info, but ive heard things about hes over weight and a bit lazy??? could be sour grapes?? :D:laugh:

i know your just passsing on a bit of info, but ive heard things about hes over weight and a bit lazy??? could be sour grapes?? :whistle::D
I havent been overily impressed when ive seen him play against City but perhaps thats becasue we've put up a good performance against them?!?

He scored something like 10 goals in 300 appearences didnt he?! Doesnt fill me with huge confidence but as you say give him a fair chance.

Maybe he did not want to be a player at County but hes come to City now and deserves a go. I'll reserve real judgement until then.

The crucial factor for me is that he is playing for a contract which means he has to impress. If he doesn't it's no major loss and we can just let him go.
that is the god thing about singing rougier an d caskey, we can get rid of them at the end of the season if they don't impress.

We'd heard some similar things said about Goodfellow from Stoke fans !!
I don't know. A lot of Stoke fans said he was strong for his size, will create lots of chances for others and score constantly at Division 2 level; basically a good signing.

He is a complete light-weight and gets knocked off the ball for fun, he has hardly delivered any quality ball and apart from a very impressive opening spate of goals, now seems as inept in his finishing as the rest.

I think the Stoke fans were talking him up if anything!

If I remember rightly, Caskey was one of the best central midfielders in our division when he was at Reading and I was more than a tad disappointed when we didn't get his signature about three years ago. I was surprised frankly when he went to Notts County as I thought we had more financial clout.

Since he's been at Notts County, I cannot remember a good game he's had against us other than up at their place two and a bit years ago. I've been more impressed with his almost namesake, Marcel Cas.

But then again, you don't go from being one of the best midfielders in the division to ordinary in two steps. But then again, I could say the same about Tinman who, although he'll always be a God, looks pretty jaded at the moment.

Scooter Red

Caskey is a prime suspect in the "Who ate all the pies" puzzle.His weight ballooned after he left Reading along with his ego.

An old friend of mine is a Notts County fan who told me that Caskey was lazy,insolent and often seen out on the lash around Nottingham.He was told to get the weight off and show some self dicsipline but basically ignored the advice.Now he's out of a club unless he can impress at City in training and in any matches he plays.Caskey was a class act but he's let himself go.Whether that class is still there remains to be seen.

One thing that his arrival will do is inspire the existing midfielders to hang onto their places..........

Well i was talking to a Notts County fan who said how glad he was to see the back of him. He didnt want to be playing there and was glad his contract got cancelled. He also said how he cant understand why he has come to Bristol City as we are 'ten times better then them' and he could hardly cut it for County :dunno:

Yeah, also speaking to a County fan, and his words: Good riddance, and why have we taken him on???

Looks like a Fagan then.........

Archived