IGNORED

Match Report In The Scunthorpe Telegraph

North Lincs Red

Just reading the match report in scunnies local rag and this is how there reporter rated CITY.........

Weale 6

Orr 7

Fontaine 6 ???

Carey 7

Mccallister 7

Wilson 7

Johnson 7

Elliot 6 ????

Mccindoe 6

Trundle 8

Murray 7

Couple of those ratings a bit harsh i think, also said away fans attendance was only 300!

There manager was also quoted as saying if we hadn't have had Trundle they would have won 1-0 ???????? :city:

You can see why he said that. Apart from the two brilliant Trundle strikes City barely forced the Scunny 'keeper into a save.

But it's a stupid comment. We did have Trundle, he knows what Trundle can do having played against him last season and presumably scouted us, so he should have prepared his team to cope with him.

But it's a stupid comment. We did have Trundle, he knows what Trundle can do having played against him last season and presumably scouted us, so he should have prepared his team to cope with him.

I didn't say it was clever comment - I simply said that you can see why he said it.

It's certainly going to be a big test for him, on Saturdays performance they are going down.

Oh, and it would have been 0-0 if we hadn't had Trundle and the referee had given the foul on Carey.

I thought S****horpe were excellent. They're not going to set the Championship alight but I'd be surprised to see them go down. They worked hard and played with great pace on the break.

Not sure why you think Carey was fouled. I think S****horpe had two good penalty claims just before their goal. Luckily for us, they scored.

Elliott 6 / Johnson 7 is bizarre; makes you wonder if the guy was watching the same game!! Elliott was a definite man of the match contender if Trundle hadn't got those two goals, whilst I thought LJ had his quietest game in quite a long while.

I think their physio's right about Trundle - but thats what you pay £1m for, isn't it?

• Admin
I thought Scunthorpe were excellent. They're not going to set the Championship alight but I'd be surprised to see them go down. They worked hard and played with great pace on the break.

Not sure why you think Carey was fouled. I think Scunthorpe had two good penalty claims just before their goal. Luckily for us, they scored.

I've shown the goals to 3 non-City supporters (showing off about Trundle as you do ;)) and they all commented that Carey was dragged to the floor by their goalscorer.

• Admin
shhhhhh......but I'm quietly confident we'll do just as Watford and Wigan have done in recent years and go from the third tier to the top flight of English football. :icecream:

Up the City

Top tier of English football? Our defeat of the City of Manchester on Wednesday evening is just the second step on our march to Europe!

I've shown the goals to 3 non-City supporters (showing off about Trundle as you do ;)) and they all commented that Carey was dragged to the floor by their goalscorer.

Dirty Northern Barstewards.

I'll defer to the neutrals then. ;)

Top tier of English football? Our defeat of the City of Manchester on Wednesday evening is just the second step on our march to Europe!

If all the rumours about Sven resting his star players are correct then the cup upset is most definately on. :clapping:

So there's a European place awaiting us for winning the league cup? :clapping:

• Admin
If all the rumours about Sven resting his star players are correct then the cup upset is most definately on. :clapping:

So there's a European place awaiting us for winning the league cup? :clapping:

There sure is, I'm already dusting off my visitors guides to Rome & Madrid :dancing2:

Archived