IGNORED

2 Games In 3 Days.

mrevans

Some questions to ponder:

Does GJ try out a couple of fringe players on Wed?

Does he play his strongest possible team for both games, bearing in mind that Sheff Wednesday have an extra days recovery?

Which game is the most important?

Given a choice, which game would you rather win?

Will Ivan start up front or on the wing or will he come off the bench?

Will Brooker, McCombe or Noble be involved in either game?

What do you think?

Some questions to ponder:

Does GJ try out a couple of fringe players on Wed?

Does he play his strongest possible team for both games, bearing in mind that Sheff Wednesday have an extra days recovery?

Which game is the most important?

Given a choice, which game would you rather win?

Will Ivan start up front or on the wing or will he come off the bench?

Will Brooker, McCombe or Noble be involved in either game?

What do you think?

I think you will find that should be 2 games in 4 days. In any case, it is no different, time wise, to playing Saturday then Tuesday, and we do that very regularly.

I think you will find that should be 2 games in 4 days. In any case, it is no different, time wise, to playing Saturday then Tuesday, and we do that very regularly.

[/quote

Play Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sat

1 2 3

I still reckon that's 2 in 3, but I think that you are more likely to sustain injuries with a short recovery time. We do have a break after Saturday but in any case, players like Keogh deservea chance.

Definately Saturday is the most important, but Man City should be an exciting game. Not sure whether we can win, I just hope we give it one hell of a go!!!

I think GJ will play what he considers to be his strongest XI in each game. It's early in the season, it's good for fitness and fatigue isn't yet a problem.

He may well reward Jevons' goals in the last round with a start but other than that and any knocks I don't think he will change much. With McCombe and Brooker on the comback trail and possibly another striker coming in GJ will have some tough choices.

I think GJ will play what he considers to be his strongest XI in each game. It's early in the season, it's good for fitness and fatigue isn't yet a problem.

He may well reward Jevons' goals in the last round with a start but other than that and any knocks I don't think he will change much. With McCombe and Brooker on the comback trail and possibly another striker coming in GJ will have some tough choices.

I agree. I expect our strongest side on Wednesday - if Man City are not up for this game then GJ will want us to take advantage. The squad we have at the moment is big/good enough to overcome an injury or two. With Vasko and Keogh, Russell and Skuse, Showumni/Sproule/Jevo/Betsy all in the wings and pretty hungry for a chance I don't think we'll have a problem putting a good side out on Saturday.

• Admin

Definitely play a strong side on Wednesday. If we did manage to beat Man City the confidence the players will take from it will benefit us in forthcoming fixtures, not-to-mention the Carling Cup is our best chance of qualifying for Europe. ;)

Play the best possible team in both games. Sproule not to start but to come on. Jevo up front with Trunds and Murray on the right. Either that or just stay unchanged from saturday for tomorrow. Depending on certain circumstances ei injuries, keep the same team again for Sheffield if they do well enough. We've got the luxury of the international break the week after so the playes can regroup and get over any little niggles they might have

Doesn't seem that long ag we played three games in 4 days every Easter.

Good Friday, Saturday and Easter Monday.

More recently 4 in 8; Boxing Day, Saturday, New Year's Day and the next Saturday. We always used to cope, now in an era of large squads ALL teams seem to struggle.

Yes we want to impress on TV, but Wednesday away is more important than Wednesday home if you see what I mean.

Archived