IGNORED

Smoking

churchill ciderhead

OK it's me again.

I've given in to the smokers. We have now moved seats. Hopefully we can start enjoying our football again? Pray we are not moving to other smokers, as the only thing to do next time is to keep my children away from Ashton Gate. (They mean far more to me than football!)

Whilst changing our seats, we were informed by the ticket office there is no law stopping people from smoking. This amazed me, as what was the point of putting cameras on the smokers if nothing by law can be done? The government has said they would like football grounds etc just to try and stop it!

Apparently because you are not closed in by 4 walls. But if you sit by a smoker, all the smoke goes straight into your face!

Smokers must think stop your bloody moaning! But if you don't smoke and you breath in the smoke, it makes me feel absolutly sick! (Let alone I don't want my children to breath it in.)

The ticket office informed us Cheltenham Town FC have made the decision to not make the stadium smokers free. I can only think they are worried about fans who smoke staying away? (Money must mean more to them than thier fans health!)

The reason the law doesn't cover football stadiums is because there is absolutely no risk of health damage due to passive smoking in anywhere other than an enclosed environment and even then you would need years of exposure to smoke saturated air to have any adverse symptoms.

Unfortunately the scaremongering tactics used by the "government health advisors/anti-libertarian nazis"* have left people with the impression that smelling smoke means they're going to keel over with lung cancer tomorrow when that really isn't the case.

That said, the ground regulations say no smoking so the club should be enforcing it. However, did you try simply asking the people smoking not to?

*delete as applicable

I do wonder how you coped before the ban.

So did the ticket office let you move seats then? I really want to move from mine too for other reasons. Was it easy?

Yes, but you obviously need a good reason (No charge.)

They want you to stay happy!

If you have bad supporters by you then they will move you. (rather than move the problem!)

Yes, but you obviously need a good reason (No charge.)

They want you to stay happy!

If you have bad supporters by you then they will move you. (rather than move the problem!)

Yes I can certainly imagine.

Did you stay within the same stand? Same block?

The football league today said "It is up to football clubs to manage smoking issues", which obviously goes against pre season policy.

The reason the law doesn't cover football stadiums is because there is absolutely no risk of health damage due to passive smoking in anywhere other than an enclosed environment and even then you would need years of exposure to smoke saturated air to have any adverse symptoms.

Unfortunately the scaremongering tactics used by the "government health advisors/anti-libertarian nazis"* have left people with the impression that smelling smoke means they're going to keel over with lung cancer tomorrow when that really isn't the case.

That said, the ground regulations say no smoking so the club should be enforcing it. However, did you try simply asking the people smoking not to?

*delete as applicable

Of course we did, but the thugs want their own way.

Forget the health problem, even though I don't want to risk it. As I said before if you are not used to smoke, if you breathe a little bit in it makes me feel very sick!

Forget the health problem, even though I don't want to risk it. As I said before if you are not used to smoke, if you breathe a little bit in it makes me feel very sick!

Thugs......Thugs........ THUGS!???

Bit harsh Mr. I'm so politically correct!

Protecting your children from smoke in an open air stadium whatever next? are you going to mother them so much they walk around town centres in anti-contamination suits.....

And to say it was the thugs getting their own way...

you are looking like a fool?

Sorry dude, i have little sympathy, you moaners need to be a little more tolerant i think.

Cars, busses, lorries, trains, planes will, and do your lungs much much more damage than passive smoking at a footy stadium jesus christ ffs, but i don't see anyone flagging down cars on the M4 asking them to turn their engines off becuase didums did'nt like the smell.

Talk about moaning just for the sake of it, i love smoking me, and ain't going to stop, especially at Football where i like smoking the best.

A little condescending Nibor!!

It is not hard understand a parent not wanting his children covered in somone else's cigarette smoke? Regardless if there going to keel over the next day or not due to bad health!

It still not nice for a non-smoker to have to sit next to this filth! Smelly hair,smelly cloths......vile!

Thugs seems a bit strong.

If you asked them not to smoke and they refused then the stewards should have enforced it. If they don't then your best recourse is to complain to someone at the club in a position to make the stewards do their job.

I can understand non smokers finding smoke unpleasant and they shouldn't have to put up with it. I just don't like how the PC brigade are so keen to blur the line between health risk and dislike.

A little condescending Nibor!!

It is not hard understand a parent not wanting his children covered in somone else's cigarette smoke? Regardless if there going to keel over the next day or not due to bad health!

It still not nice for a non-smoker to have to sit next to this filth! Smelly hair,smelly cloths......vile!

See above.

It's not hard to understand a smoker wanting to smoke either.

What bugs me is that it would have been perfectly possible to accomodate both like we did last season but for some reason the league authorities have decided not to do this.

That basic intolerance is what leads to people being inconsiderate in the way churchill_ciderhead describes IMO.

Thugs......Thugs........ THUGS!???

Bit harsh Mr. I'm so politically correct!

Protecting your children from smoke in an open air stadium whatever next? are you going to mother them so much they walk around town centres in anti-contamination suits.....

And to say it was the thugs getting their own way...

you are looking like a fool?

What else can you call somebody who ignors your children and your polite requests. Followed by all the synacle remarks everytime you get out of your seat.

Anyway it's somebody elses problem now as the did not want to remove it.

I do feel sorry for the stewards who want to help, but have thier hands are tied by the law changing by the FA. We were told by Ashton Gate this was a law at the start of the season, but now they have changed their minds. I can only go by the comments made to me over all this time.

But once again somebody else has to put up with it now.

Sorry dude, i have little sympathy, you moaners need to be a little more tolerant i think.

Cars, busses, lorries, trains, planes will, and do your lungs much much more damage than passive smoking at a footy stadium jesus christ ffs, but i don't see anyone flagging down cars on the M4 asking them to turn their engines off becuase didums did'nt like the smell.

Talk about moaning just for the sake of it, i love smoking me, and ain't going to stop, especially at Football where i like smoking the best.

And this is not ignorant to other people?

I do feel sorry for the stewards who want to help, but have thier hands are tied by the law changing by the FA. We were told by Ashton Gate this was a law at the start of the season, but now they have changed their minds.

We've never been told the law covers this.

The football league introduced a blanket no smoking regulation, but that is not and never has been law and the club have never said so.

I think confusion arises from the timing coinciding with the law change.

What else can you call somebody who ignors your children and your polite requests. Followed by all the synacle remarks everytime you get out of your seat.

Anyway it's somebody elses problem now as the did not want to remove it.

I do feel sorry for the stewards who want to help, but have thier hands are tied by the law changing by the FA. We were told by Ashton Gate this was a law at the start of the season, but now they have changed their minds. I can only go by the comments made to me over all this time.

But once again somebody else has to put up with it now.

Well at last your moaning can be put to bed, what next the tea is too hot for your children in the snack outlets.... lets call for a national tea temperature law!

Sorry to say it but I have seen the kids who are kept away from all these things in early years can turn out to be heavy drug users, alcoholics and thieves rebelling against their perfect childhood all because of totally overprotective parenting!

Well at last your moaning can be put to bed, what next the tea is too hot for your children in the snack outlets.... lets call for a national tea temperature law!

Sorry to say it but I have seen the kids who are kept away from all these things in early years can turn out to be heavy drug users, alcoholics and thieves rebelling against their perfect childhood all because of totally overprotective parenting!

Are you real or are you on drugs!

Hey, I've been going to football matches for as long as i can remember, smoking has never been an issue until now, why the sudden demonization of smokers?

I'm not being ignorant, I'm just exercising my right to smoke.

Some people need to get out in the real world once in a while, what has society become when we have to argue over triviality like this?

I blame over protective goody two shoes limp wristed libby PC nanny state freakshows. God i hate them with a passion!!!

LOOK WHAT THEY HAVE TURNED YOU INTO, JUST LISTEN TO YOURSELVES FOR A MOMENT?!

I'm popping out for a fag, becuase i can't smoke inside anymore, even though i'm on my own!!!

Are you real or are you on drugs!

Real, you seem to be the one who needs to sit in a room on your own and reflect!

The smoke will not hurt you, and you can use it as an excuse to go to the boozer (or a public house in your world) and have a pint (or a dry martini and lemonade in your world) on your way home(probably a cottage in the countryside with perfectly cut hedgerows) and say all those punters(thugs in your world) outside made me smell like this uuugghhh!

I assume your not a parent :pray:

Is that a professional opinion or just something you made up to sound clever? Tonight I might take your great advice and replace my kids milk with beakers of Natch instead, I wouldn't want them to be alcoholic's when there older would I :unsure:

Hey, I've been going to football matches for as long as i can remember, smoking has never been an issue until now, why the sudden demonetization of smokers?

I'm not being ignorant, I'm just exercising my right to smoke.

Some people need to get out in the real world once in a while, what has society become when we have to arguee over trivuality like this?

I blame over protective goody two shoes limp wristed libby PC nanny state freakshows. God i hate them with a passion!!!

LOOK WHAT THEY HAVE TURNED YOU INTO, JUST LISTEN TO YOURSELVES FOR A MOMENT?!

The problem is you are not reading what I am saying.

If you want to keep on paying my TAX! carry on smoking.

I just don't want to share your smoke.

Why can't you go away from the seats, have your cancer stick then come back.

By the way the tea is a little too hot and not too much fatty milk next time!!!!, (JOKING!)

I assume your not a parent :pray:

Is that a professional opinion or just something you made up to sound clever? Tonight I might take your great advice and replace my kids milk with beakers of Natch instead, I wouldn't want them to be alcoholic's when there older would I :unsure:

Wrong assumptions my friend! and yea i made it up to sound clever but hey, Natch never did anyone harm but being a namby pamby do this do that parent is doing harm. For goodness sake, these sort of kids end up running our country and look at the mockery they have made of that, Inheritance Tax, Asylums Welcome signs on every port & Beach! and oh yea a smoking ban that will ruin the already dying pub trade. Bring on the organic fags, thats next!

Wrong assumptions my friend! and yea i made it up to sound clever but hey, Natch never did anyone harm but being a namby pamby do this do that parent is doing harm. For goodness sake, these sort of kids end up running our country and look at the mockery they have made of that, Inheritance Tax, Asylums Welcome signs on every port & Beach! and oh yea a smoking ban that will ruin the already dying pub trade. Bring on the organic fags, thats next!

BYE!

No one is going to suffer ill health from someone else smoking in a football stadium.

When did we become such a blame seeking, untolerant society?

I'm a vegetarian, perhaps I should start a campaign to stop the sale of pies, pasties and hotdogs at football stadiums. It's

obviously a breach of my rights to have to put up with this behaviour at a football match.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not totally against the ban on smoking in stadiums (although a smoking area would be the obvious solution), it's just the argument that non-smokers are "suffering" is complete nonsense. They just don't like the smell.

Unfortunately there is no meeting of the minds on this issue.

Can't stand, can't swear, can't make rascist/sexist/homophobic comments, can't smoke. Last night on TalkSport they were debating some guy being chanted at and called a "bomber", they even said that the guy should sue the fans and club involved!

On the pitch, it won't be long before tackling is banned (mark my words!)

What a wonderful game our beloved football is becoming!

Archived