IGNORED

Shakey Dolman Stand

Pickle Rick

Did anyone else in the Dolman stand notice it was like the stand was seeming to 'wobble' when we scored, all us lot jumping up and down. I stood still when people were still giving it the large and me and my dad could feel the stand 'wobble'!

Crazy! My sister said this to me when we scored against QPR and I thought she was being over the top as I was frantically celebrating at the time.

Not a complaint though, as long as it stands firm! :dancing6:

Bring on the rest of the season.

Did anyone else in the Dolman stand notice it was like the stand was seeming to 'wobble' when we scored, all us lot jumping up and down. I stood still when people were still giving it the large and me and my dad could feel the stand 'wobble'!

Crazy! My sister said this to me when we scored against QPR and I thought she was being over the top as I was frantically celebrating at the time.

Yep, I felt that, not as bad as the Hartlepool play off game.

Hadn't felt it since then until tonight.

Old news. Following the Hartlepool a few years back the club recieved a few letters of concern from fans about the same issue. Subsequently a structural engineer was employeed to survey the stand and it was confirmed that the movenment(wobble) was part of the design of the stand.

Nothing to worry about.

Have felt it before, but never as much as this. Felt like the concrete was starting to give way. If I were a structural engineer I would be getting a little worried by now. Thankfully I'm not so I'll just trust that the 50 or some-odd year old stand is built to last :)

Not wishing to scaremonger, this is a genuine concern.

I've not felt the wobble so regularly, and not so intensely than the last few seasons. And it appeears to be getting worse

Not forgetting an extra 200 odd seats now

Take the piss at my paranoia at your free will, , but is it safe? because I aint sure.

• Admin
Have felt it before, but never as much as this. Felt like the concrete was starting to give way. If I were a structural engineer I would be getting a little worried by now. Thankfully I'm not so I'll just trust that the 50 or some-odd year old stand is built to last :)

It's younger than that..... I can remember it being built (and going to games before it was there) and whilst 50 seems to be approaching rapidly, I'm not there yet.

Edit: The Dolman Stand opened at the start of the 70/71 season.

I'd be more concerned about what would happen if there was a fire than the stand falling down myself.

Still, it should be looked into structurally.

I actually glanced upwards and the speakers situated along the top edge were actually shaking and swinging...let's hope it safe !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not wishing to scaremonger, this is a genuine concern.

I've not felt the wobble so regularly, and not so intensely than the last few seasons. And it appeears to be getting worse

Not forgetting an extra 200 odd seats now

Take the piss at my paranoia at your free will, , but is it safe? because I aint sure.

It is getting worse, ever since the Hartlepool game it's begun to wobble. Before that game I can't remember it doing so. This year its done it everytime we score and last night it was as bad if not worse than the Hartlepool game. I too noticed the dust in the corner of the wedlocks. I wonder if thats just settled dust on bits of the stand that are then thus distirbed.

I remember Liverpool having to change the Anfield Road end design because of an unhealthy wobble..

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn41...11/ai_n14321189

There is a facility in the Dolman Hall to put in strengthening rods.They fit into slots the ceiling and floor.They were used at the last game last season I think.

You can rest assurred that the club have had the Dolman stand fully examined by structural engineers using the lastest computer equipment and so on. The club have been very thorough and spared no expense - and rightly so. That said it is very disconcerting when the stand starts to shake.....

Can't say I noticed it last night though'.

There is a facility in the Dolman Hall to put in strengthening rods.They fit into slots the ceiling and floor.They were used at the last game last season I think.

You can rest assurred that the club have had the Dolman stand fully examined by structural engineers using the lastest computer equipment and so on. The club have been very thorough and spared no expense - and rightly so. That said it is very disconcerting when the stand starts to shake.....

Can't say I noticed it last night though'.

I noticed you when you practically barged me out of the way - nearly knocking me off my feet - when exiting the Dolman after the game :tongue:

the bouncing Dolman is getting worse and the blame can be pointed firmly at the idiot who keeps playing the Fratellis every time they think we score.

With everyone jumping to the beat of the song as the same time, you are going to get the wobble, and it's not always that comfortable to be party to.

And to think that the Clifton suspension bridge gets closed on a regular basis because they are concerned that a few people walking over the bridge might cause a similar effect....

At least I've got a ticket for the dolman hall, so if we do all fall through the stand and end up in there, the stewards won't be able to throw me out for not having a pass!!!

Blame Chelsea Dagger - that's the reason for it, having music forced on us when we all know how to celebrate anyway is rubbish as it is, having a song that is causing us to all jump at the same time and subsequently people having to post their concerns on here is really rubbish.

BR

the bouncing Dolman is getting worse and the blame can be pointed firmly at the idiot who keeps playing the Fratellis every time they think we score.

With everyone jumping to the beat of the song as the same time, you are going to get the wobble, and it's not always that comfortable to be party to.

And to think that the Clifton suspension bridge gets closed on a regular basis because they are concerned that a few people walking over the bridge might cause a similar effect....

At least I've got a ticket for the dolman hall, so if we do all fall through the stand and end up in there, the stewards won't be able to throw me out for not having a pass!!!

Blame Chelsea Dagger - that's the reason for it, having music forced on us when we all know how to celebrate anyway is rubbish as it is, having a song that is causing us to all jump at the same time and subsequently people having to post their concerns on here is really rubbish.

BR

Wobbled before Fratellis was played - e.g Hartlepool and is bit disconcerting!

I'm not big advocate of playing music (especially embarassing when goal disallowed!) but must admit it looked good from the Dolman seeing the crowd bouncing along - any Sky watchers confirm how it looked on TV??

Went to Aston Villa a few years back, and believe me, The Holte End skakes very badly as well.

Wobbled before Fratellis was played - e.g Hartlepool and is bit disconcerting!

I'm not big advocate of playing music (especially embarassing when goal disallowed!) but must admit it looked good from the Dolman seeing the crowd bouncing along - any Sky watchers confirm how it looked on TV??

Obviously, for some of the 'big' games it is going to bounce more, I remember being in Block C for the Hartlepool game, and before that, I remember Paul Agostino scoring a cracking individual goal against the gas and a similar effect took hold. What I'm saying is that the stand now bounces with EVERY goal we score.

Let's be honest, taking a lead against Scunny shouldn't cause the stand to rock like a bouncy castle should it?

i would like to blame the fratellis even if they were not the reason it wobbled ,they made me cut short my celebrations just with their crap song, seriously though is this checked regularly as lastnight seemed a lot bouncyer than ive ever in 30 years experienced...?

Perhaps it could be something to do with the weight distribution.

This could be cured by relocating Robored to the middle seat of the middle block, or possibly the Wedlocks. What's more, the East End would look a lot fuller if he resided in there!!

Archived