IGNORED

The East End On Telly

Guest CHL

Have to admit can't wait for them to knock it down. No backs on seats, supporting pillars. Really is a shoddy stand and ruined the overall look of the ground having watched the game on sky plus last night. The dolman and atyeo looked impressive but imagine what a nice new big stand would look like. Would make the gate awesome looking. Though thank God they replaced those ugly wooden seats. Shame they can't spend a few extra bob and sort out the bottom tier though. The top half of the Dolman looked like 2007, the bottom half 1987. Oh well it could be worse, could have to stand at the mem in the pouring rain!

Have to admit can't wait for them to knock it down. No backs on seats, supporting pillars. Really is a shoddy stand and ruined the overall look of the ground having watched the game on sky plus last night. The dolman and atyeo looked impressive but imagine what a nice new big stand would look like. Would make the gate awesome looking. Though thank God they replaced those ugly wooden seats. Shame they can't spend a few extra bob and sort out the bottom tier though. The top half of the Dolman looked like 2007, the bottom half 1987. Oh well it could be worse, could have to stand at the mem in the pouring rain!

Do you want at good atmosphere at ashton gate or a library atmosphere?

I think the empty seats in EE stuck out more than the general look of the stand' but if they wont let us buy tickets.........

Yes chatting to Man City fans since there move they have no end now,and they miss it,only a few regular songs song,as from them last night.

Credit to the lads last night in the E/E probably out numbered by 4 to 1 Man City fans but still sang longer diferent songs and probably as loud keep it up lads its working the whole ground was singing again last night

I would still rather have a stand like the East End than the Ateyo,

I've said it before, but why not give the atyeo to away fans??!! Especially now they shut the gates!!

Shyte atmosphere in there anyway..... and would improve the grounds capacity (by not having seats covered for segregation)

This is why its ridiculous they have siad E/E only for overflow,then tickets are for sale on the night far end of the Dolman huts perhaps at last they are considering the lost income,if the E/E had been open I reckon another 250 fans would of gone in there,I think they think supporters sit anywhere but they do not have a preffered stand

You could actually buy tickets for the east end on the night, if they continue to sell them then they will be sold at the last hatch on the DOLMAN TICKET SALES HUT.

I would still rather have a stand like the East End than the Ateyo, but its good were all different otherwise it would be boring.

If thats true someone wants shafting; one minute its overflow only, then they are on general sale :disapointed2se: IF THEY CONTINUE TO SELL THEM MAYBE THEY SHOULD LET THE FANS NO WHAT THE HELLS GOING ON :disapointed2se:

I don't understand this obsession with the east end. It is so shoddy, you cant see a thing and no backs to the seats. What is the point. I'd rather watch a decent game from a good position. Rather than from a cow shed. What a waste of money. Can't even hear the taxi load of City fans in there anyway. Sorry guys.

CHL, why do you want backs to your seats when people in there are stood up anyway. Also, people don't knock where you want to watch the game from so why knock other peoples?

Some people perfer to be in that stand, where they find it easier to stand and sing. If that isnt for you then thats fine but i don't see why it should effect you.

glos boy it is true, i rang up to get a ticket for my mate a few hours before kick off, put on the, its for a mate comon help him out act.

Went to pick up the ticket and they were selling them!!

I don't understand this obsession with the east end. It is so shoddy, you cant see a thing and no backs to the seats. What is the point. I'd rather watch a decent game from a good position. Rather than from a cow shed. What a waste of money. Can't even hear the taxi load of City fans in there anyway( Not surprising when your sitting at home watchen it on SKy). Sorry guys.

Have you been to the two home games his season, because the EE has been the catalyst for there rest of the ground on many occastions. Yes the numbers have been low,but they would be higher if the club would pull there finger out. I'm sure if you ask the people who are in there, have they enjoyed where they are sitting this season? you will get a resounding answer.

Because people don't want to move from a seat giving a decent view with decent facilities to one giving a crap view with crap facilities.

The low numbers in the East End when it has been available (not withstanding the clubs c**k-ups) is a clear pointer to just a few wanting to sit there.

Spot on. Why should I give up my seat which is one of the best views I have had in AG in the Atyeo to go and sit in some run down shed with metal supports in the way ??? Just so the few that do want to sit there get their way !?

Some of the pro EE guys on here are so blinkered with their views - I loved it in its prime, I used to satnd on the EE, but now its time to move on, improve our ground and capacity.

What is the point in improving a ground/capacity if it has no effect on the players? Unless you are Sexton, the only reason would be for The 12th man effect, which almost completely comes from the Eastend. You can see how the Eastend has a knock on effect on other stands when it comes to generating an atmosphere and getting behind the boys and it was no wonder when it was reopened at the end of last season that the players ran to the eastend to applaud the fans. You might see it as blinkered, but you are in the minority, as opposed to the rest of us, including players and manager who beleive it is the way forward.

CHL, I have to agree with you about the state and veiw from the EE.

But i bloody love it in there, I love the atmosphere, I love to sing my heart out, I love to lift the team, I love to try and out sing the away support, I love to try and intimidate the away team, You can take the roof off in the winter and I will be in there singing with my Boveril.

But to be honest CHL it being open has made a diff :tv_horror: erance to the atmosphere at the gate, even for you guys who see it on the telly.......

Yea the East End does stick out like a sore thumb but not for the reasons you suggest. It sticks out due to the fantastic support it gives the team for the whole match.

Spot on. Why should I give up my seat which is one of the best views I have had in AG in the Atyeo to go and sit in some run down shed with metal supports in the way ??? Just so the few that do want to sit there get their way !?

Some of the pro EE guys on here are so blinkered with their views - I loved it in its prime, I used to satnd on the EE, but now its time to move on, improve our ground and capacity.

The E.E will be redeveloped in the next close season which ever division we are in; so can honest law abiding fans who want p.o.d. access to it please have it.

I have no negative vibes to say about other stands or there inhabitants, each to his/her own; but can you also please leave our favoured stand, and fans who want access to it alone to.

I don't understand this obsession with the east end. It is so shoddy, you cant see a thing and no backs to the seats. What is the point. I'd rather watch a decent game from a good position. Rather than from a cow shed. What a waste of money. Can't even hear the taxi load of City fans in there anyway. Sorry guys.

if your in your comfy seat then enjoy it and watch the sodding game rather than a stand :whistle2:

Because people don't want to move from a seat giving a decent view with decent facilities to one giving a crap view with crap facilities.

The low numbers in the East End when it has been available (not withstanding the clubs c**k-ups) is a clear pointer to just a few wanting to sit there.

Can I ask where you think the away fans will go to,

1) when the E.E. is being redeveloped?

2) when it is finished ????

Agree with that GB, wonder if general sale will be the norm now?? :fingerscrossed:

The info put out on the E.E has had so many u turns put out on it that I don't think anybody including the club knows what way its going now :read::dunno:

dolman b was outstanding last night, belting out song after song.

as was said on an earlier thread, the club stopped people buying tickets for the EE for man city game, to be honest it looked embarrassing to have what must of been 100 ish in there against 1500 man city?

Archived