IGNORED

The East End On Telly

Guest CHL

To those of you who chose to moan about people wanting to sit in the East End with its 'poor views and no back to seats'. Good luck to you, I hope you enjoy your comfy views etc, but to be honest when it comes to your views on the East end, if thats your attitude I really don't care. I chose to be in the EE for the atmosphere and atmosphere alone. You say it carnt be herd, well GJ has clearly said that the EE, YES THE EE, not the Williams can be herd. All of those in there last night were quality - pure quality. No I'm not a hooligan, and never will be. Thats not me, but I choose to be able to stand up and sing my heart out for the team I love. I don't interfere with where you sit, so if you have no interest in the EE, then chose to not comment on it. How hard is that.

To those of you who chose to moan about people wanting to sit in the East End with its 'poor views and no back to seats'. Good luck to you, I hope you enjoy your comfy views etc, but to be honest when it comes to your views on the East end, if thats your attitude I really don't care. I chose to be in the EE for the atmosphere and atmosphere alone. You say it carnt be herd, well GJ has clearly said that the EE, YES THE EE, not the Williams can be herd. All of those in there last night were quality - pure quality. No I'm not a hooligan, and never will be. Thats not me, but I choose to be able to stand up and sing my heart out for the team I love. I don't interfere with where you sit, so if you have no interest in the EE, then chose to not comment on it. How hard is that.
Good shout mate. The Atyeo may not be able to hear us or what ever but you can be sure the players on the pitch can hear us and that is what counts the most. The EE was loud last night and instead of moaning when we were losing we encouraged the team and I like to think that helped them raise there game.

dolman b was outstanding last night, belting out song after song.

as was said on an earlier thread, the club stopped people buying tickets for the EE for man city game, to be honest it looked embarrassing to have what must of been 100 ish in there against 1500 man city?

And the reason for low numbers is the ticketing goal posts keep getting moved.

explained.

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=85765

http://www.bcfc3lions.co.uk/eepage.html

CHL, I have to agree with you about the state and veiw from the EE.

But i bloody love it in there, I love the atmosphere, I love to sing my heart out, I love to lift the team, I love to try and out sing the away support, I love to try and intimidate the away team, You can take the roof off in the winter and I will be in there singing with my Boveril.

But to be honest CHL it being open has made a diff :tv_horror: erance to the atmosphere at the gate, even for you guys who see it on the telly.......

EXCUSE ME! I was at the game! I watched it when I got home having taped it on sky plus! I travelled from afar to please don;t be patronising guys. I have stated this already.

1) The club has said away fans will be in the Williams - blocks E and F if I remember correctly. Will the nasty trouble makers follow them there and the Williams then be subject to the "special laws" i.e any arrests and its season ticket holders only as the Wedlocks now has, I don't think so

2) I have no idea, but I would guess the Atyeo with those ST holders tranferring to the new stand with better facilities. Maybe then the present Atyeo fans will feel how Eastenders feel now and will have to petition and beg for a presence in there fav stand?

Always assuming that we get a new stand of course. what ,the club do a u turn.....unheard of

I hope I'm wrong but I have a horrible feeling the East End is going to end up being redeveloped into another Atyeo type stand with poor acoustics
That is what I am afraid of. I think if it is not unreserved seating then that stand will be dead even before it opens, As all the season ticket holders from the Atyeo will just transfer to the new EE and leave no room for us current Eastenders to gather.

In a Ideal world I would like to see a two tired stand with unreserved seating in the lower tier. Boxes in the middle and seats for season ticket holders in the upper.

Yea the East End does stick out like a sore thumb but not for the reasons you suggest. It sticks out due to the fantastic support it gives the team for the whole match.

It may sound fantastic to you in the East End, but the fact is the rest of us can barely hear you. I'm not knocking those of you who sing your hearts out in the East End, but try not to exaggerate the effect you have on the team and the rest of the fans.

All this argument about the East End, I thought that Hillsborough stood out like a sore thumb on TV today - one stand deserted, and round the rest of the ground hardly anyone sat near the touchline.

Yep I agree but in fairness the attendance was 17,000 odd wassnt it. If that was at the Gate it would look totally packed.

I always thought that clubs - especially when they were going to be on the TV - sold the seats near to the pitch first in order to make it look a bit better on TV.

Not knocking their attendance or ground at all, just thought it looked odd.

We need a big away stand though so we can isolate the away fans like they did the City fans - they looked like they were miles away from the pitch.

It may sound fantastic to you in the East End, but the fact is the rest of us can barely hear you. I'm not knocking those of you who sing your hearts out in the East End, but try not to exaggerate the effect you have on the team and the rest of the fans.

where did the players and gj go to after the defeat of Scunny; the East End leads the rest follow :shifty: ask them,your baised views count for squat; I am knocking you :mafia:

Have to admit can't wait for them to knock it down. No backs on seats, supporting pillars. Really is a shoddy stand and ruined the overall look of the ground having watched the game on sky plus last night. The dolman and atyeo looked impressive but imagine what a nice new big stand would look like. Would make the gate awesome looking. Though thank God they replaced those ugly wooden seats. Shame they can't spend a few extra bob and sort out the bottom tier though. The top half of the Dolman looked like 2007, the bottom half 1987. Oh well it could be worse, could have to stand at the mem in the pouring rain!

Couldn't disagree more, the older looking the ground the better! Don't like the idea of a "lovely state of the sart purpose built stand instead of the EE!" where everything is built for ones comfort.

My views aren't biased, they just reflect the way things are.

It was a great atmosphere and I always thank them anyway even when we get beat but I thought the lads behind the goal there worked very hard there in keeping going, on occasions when it was quiet, they got their songs going and suddenly all around the ground joined in, umm and you have to give credit where credit is due, they gave us

some good support just at the right times and you need that support when there is only one goal in it at times "

Gary Johnson on Bristol City world after City v S****horpe.

Kind of flaws your argument :innocent06:

My views aren't biased, they just reflect the way things are.

:disapointed2se: I.Y.H.O. yes, why do you feel the need to have a go at our stand/fans at any chance? all we want is a level playing field with the rest of the stands; reality is; the players and manager appreciate what we are trying to do ; fact.:dunno:

Not even remotely surprised to see the usual culprits posting in here with the 'I sit in the EE therefore I am a superior fan to anyone else in the ground, and the players only really care about us because we are BCFC encapsulated. In fact we are the force, we are the fans, we are football personified' mentality. ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

It's a dirty, skanky little short arsed stand with a crap view and crap seats. I can't wait til it's gone. I understand some people like it there. That's up to them and I wouldn't knock them for it. It's just the jumped up little twerps that seem to think because they sit there they are super fans that I can't stand

Not even remotely surprised to see the usual culprits posting in here with the 'I sit in the EE therefore I am a superior fan to anyone else in the ground, and the players only really care about us because we are BCFC encapsulated. In fact we are the force, we are the fans, we are football personified' mentality. ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

It's a dirty, skanky little short arsed stand with a crap view and crap seats. I can't wait til it's gone. I understand some people like it there. That's up to them and I wouldn't knock them for it. It's just the jumped up little twerps that seem to think because they sit there they are super fans that I can't stand

Who has said this Matt?

Archived