IGNORED

The Restore Basso In Goal Post

Guest CHL

I think GJ has a tough dec with the goalkeepers because both in my opinion are worthy of a place..Basso did really well last season and commanded the defense well in the last few games but looks a tat dodgy at handling, Weal on the other hand looks alot more cslmer in situations and his kicking is really good.. I don't really mid who is in goal as Basso and Weal rarley make mistakes so were in a good position really.

If weale is dropped on the weekend it would be telling him that when u come in it doesnt matter how good you are your never goin to keep the jersey there for he is goin to have no commitment to the club. Ive waited for the day weale to get his chance because i feel he is a better all round goalkeeper.

Basso for me, Wheale has not done enough, weak punch led to last weekends goal against, I also think Basso would have stopped the first goal last night - no one could of saved the second thou.

there you have it, opinions hiy!!

I agree

Guest Tafkar
Basso for me, Wheale has not done enough, weak punch led to last weekends goal against, I also think Basso would have stopped the first goal last night - no one could of saved the second thou.

there you have it, opinions hiy!!

definitely, basso very rarely lets city down! weale could have had the first goal last night, it was straight over his head. maybe even Basso would have got the 2nd. The goal is 8 foot wide, basso must be at least 6 foot, he has lightning fast reactions, could have got it.

definitely, basso very rarely lets city down! weale could have had the first goal last night, it was straight over his head. maybe even Basso would have got the 2nd. The goal is 8 foot wide, basso must be at least 6 foot, he has lightning fast reactions, could have got it.

I think the goalkeepers where the difference last night. Joe Harts one hand save was absolutely top class while Weale should have done better on the first goal. Basso is a better keeper than Weale for sure.

If Weale was responsible for Scunny's goal then what about Basso's role in giving away the first QPR goal that led to his injury the other week? :dunno: That was a much more culprable error than anything Weale did on Saturday, and it cost us two points!

As for Basso stopping Mpenza's strike, I severely doubt it! Weale could've done anything to prevent either of those two goals last night, let alone say Basso would've done better. The fact he got an arm to Mpenza's shot last night was a bloody good effort and, nine times out of ten, that would've been enough to divert it over the bar if it weren't for the sheer velocity of it!

Let us remember Weale has been out for a hell of a long time!!! He's bound to be slightly rusty, all this weak punching etc will iron itself out.

I love Basso, but I have always wanted Weale as number 1, at least to see if he is as good as his reputation.

GJ stated that he might be good enough for England didn't he?!!!!

Guest Tafkar
If Weale was responsible for Scunny's goal then what about Basso's role in giving away the first QPR goal that led to his injury the other week? :dunno: That was a much more culprable error than anything Weale did on Saturday, and it cost us two points

Neither keeper were at fault for those goals, weale's "mistake" came at him at a bad angle and he did well to punch away, 2 of our defenders were taken out during the goal so he was left unprotected. with Basso, he was left totally helpless after vasko failed to deal with a long punt, and was beaten to the ball by blackstock because of his pace.

Weale was fouled in the run up to S****horpe's goal as was Fontaine (I think) hauled to the ground by the player who scored it. Blaming that on Weale is completely wrong.

Weale earned us a point we didn't deserve at Blackpool. He hasn't put a foot wrong and he's look assured. Basso wouldn't have saved either goal last night IMO, the first was hit like a rocket and the second was the fault of the defence giving a world class striker time to pick his spot.

• Admin
Weale was fouled in the run up to Scunthorpe's goal as was Fontaine (I think) hauled to the ground by the player who scored it. Blaming that on Weale is completely wrong.

Weale earned us a point we didn't deserve at Blackpool. He hasn't put a foot wrong and he's look assured. Basso wouldn't have saved either goal last night IMO, the first was hit like a rocket and the second was the fault of the defence giving a world class striker time to pick his spot.

Yep, Weale was clattered as he came to punch the initial cross and then Carey was dragged to the ground by the eventual goalscorer Paterson.

Archived