IGNORED

Keogh To Huddersfield

Guest Garfunkle

And whats he ever done wrong to warrent not being in the first team?

He's refused to sign his contract. His agent, who we all know very well, probably has told him he can get a better deal. Just like the sort of deal Joe Anyinsah got, or maybe the one Scott Goldbourne got.

Dissapointed that Keogh is going out on loan as I really like him as a player! 100% effort and decent technical ability!

I understand why GJ and the board are doing this as we need commite players etc having not signed a contract I think it must have been a kick in the teeth for him whe we brough in Vasko on loan however why would Johnson pick him when he will not commit long term!

I'm convinced had he signed a deal in the summer it may well be him and not Fontaine that got the chance to partner Craey in McCombes absence.

I really hope he goes on loan and realises what he misses at the gate and wants to sign that deal..!

As Cheshire says, his head has probably been turned by his agent, he is still an up and coming young player, I'm a big fan, but if he doesnt commit then i certainly see Johnson's POV on this, maybe the move will do he some good.

As Cheshire says, his head has probably been turned by his agent, he is still an up and coming young player, I'm a big fan, but if he doesnt commit then i certainly see Johnson's POV on this, maybe the move will do he some good.

Not a Johnson signing, ie not a regular

Dissapointed that Keogh is going out on loan as I really like him as a player! 100% effort and decent technical ability!

I understand why GJ and the board are doing this as we need commite players etc having not signed a contract I think it must have been a kick in the teeth for him whe we brough in Vasko on loan however why would Johnson pick him when he will not commit long term!

I'm convinced had he signed a deal in the summer it may well be him and not Fontaine that got the chance to partner Craey in McCombes absence.

I really hope he goes on loan and realises what he misses at the gate and wants to sign that deal..!

Fully agree.

GJ's dealing with him seem to have come full circle now as one of the first things he did when he arrived was to send Keogh out on loan. I too like Keogh and whilst his international career is continuing, he hasn't been able to make a place his own very regularly here, and he's pretty versatile.

It seems very much you haven't signed so aren't committed enough so go away to think. Is this similar with what happened between him and Mcindoe whilst at Yeovil.

The grass isn't always greener, but without knowing why he won't sign we'll never know. I don't like the influence Agents have though, and some have bigger influences than others, and I am aware of who represents Keogh. I must admit that fact lowered my opinion of the player when I first heard.

Dissapointed to say the least. Think he's a great player but just needs the time to show he can do the business in the championship. As Gary said at the start of the season, the whole squad will get their chance.

Fonts is having it of at the minute, Orr is steady as ever, but an injury or suspension would get him in.

Good things come to those who wait.

Well l know otherwise for a fact.

Well I can only judge by the info I have, but even I am not gullible enough to believe everything as fact. There are 2 sides to every story and I'm sure this isn't any different.

Are you at liberty to expand on this statement?????????? :innocent06:

Not really as Rich is a very good friend of mind. I'm not going to take people slagging him off about something they don't know anything about.

And that would go for any of my friends.

Rich loves this club and that is a fact!!! He does not drink when we go out EVER and is a true gent.

So please get your facts right before stating that he's being greedy etc!!! The guy loves the club and wants be playing football.. make of that what you will.

I think we have to back GJ's judgement. If Keogh was the best defender we have he won't let him go easily and Fontaine's form has been such that he deserves his place. Keogh does have a lot of potential and I think its by no means certain that the current back four are the same ones who will finish the season. A lot of our players are playing at this level for the first time and we'll be lucky if they all make the grade. Given that he's young probably in his interests to stick around for a season to see if he can break into the team.

If he drops down a league then unless its to a team with a serious shout at promotion and offering him guaranteed first team football then i'd see that as a step backwards.

Not really as Rich is a very good friend of mind. I'm not going to take people slagging him off about something they don't know anything about.

Rich loves this club and that is a fact!!! He does not drink when we go out EVER and is a true gent.

So please get your facts right before stating that he's being greedy etc!!! The guy loves the club and wants be playing football.. make of that what you will.

So either he is saying he has'nt been offered another contract or he has and it's not long enough or pays enough or he's demanding a guaranteed first team start or has he signed and the club are denying it or........I can't think of another reason, So i'm with the manager on this one, if the club have made an offer and he ain't signed tough, as Partridge, Stewart and Phillips have found there is one manager and nobody should be allowed to hold the club to ransom.

I really like him as a player and I wish him well at Huddersfield and if he really does love this club, 'absence makes the heart grow fonder as they say.

It is immaterial if he is a friend of yours or not to be honest.

The facts are quite clear - there has been a contract for him to sign for some time and he hasn't/won't sign it.

If he doesn't want to commit himself to the club, he won't get a game. Why should the club effectively put him in the shop window by giving him a game in the championship, just so he can get himself a lucrative contract elsewhere ?

He is being badly advised and will come a cropper if he isn't careful.

I'm fully behind the manager on this one.

I think there is something more to it than meets the eye - I spoke briefly to Keogh last night and he sounded totally hacked off.

Its difficult when you have an agent / someone you entrust to make your carear blossom for you. He's bound to trust this guy so its difficult. There are 2 sides to every story but for all us City fans it simply looks like he wont commit to us, which leads people to say 'well let him go then'.

I think there is something more to it than meets the eye - I spoke briefly to Keogh last night and he sounded totally hacked off.

Its difficult when you have an agent / someone you entrust to make your carear blossom for you. He's bound to trust this guy so its difficult. There are 2 sides to every story but for all us City fans it simply looks like he wont commit to us, which leads people to say 'well let him go then'.

Exactly, your post beggars the question where does his loyalty actually lie club or agent.

Never suggested anything other than what you have said. Clearly you know the man better than any of us and I respect that.

Seems to be a really nice bloke whenever I've seen him

Didn't mean to cause offence...

If he was my mate, I'd be saying 'get a new agent'. Everyone knows about Skye Andrew and his shady dealings. I would've though Rich would be one in the know as well...

What, Rich has nothing but love for this club, how dare you make out he didnt want to sign a contract.

Badger22 I am sure that RK is passionate about City. I remember seeing him going wild on the bench when City scored a couple of seasons ago - he looked more like a supporter than a player!

This begs the question why he has not signed if he has been offered a new contract. There must be more to this than meets the eye. Are the terms not good enough?

I would hate to see Rk leave. He is a promising youngster who will do well. Only last season there was talk of interest from Middlesborough.

Can you say why he has not signed?

I can see both sides of this - I understand the GJ position, no messing, end of story. Equally I can understand Keogh, young player, very talented, very versatile, and despite some excellent performancers, has never really been a regular starter. 5th choice centre-back behind Mac, Carey, Fontaine and Vasko, 3rd choice right back after Orr and Wilson and not even a hope of a midfield slot. Looking to become a regular at International level and to do that, he needs to be playing regular first-team football.

Archived