IGNORED

Keogh To Huddersfield

Guest Garfunkle

Back in the 1970's Stephanie de Sykes scored a top ten hit with: I Was Born With A Smile On My Face, which is a perfect way to describe Richard Keogh. For me the the young international is the Eire to a central-defensive berth, but has always been pushed sideways to right-back due to the fierce competition from his peers. The emergence of Bradley Orr in that role meant more heartache for the lad and I can fully understand his hesitancy when faced with new contract offer. How can he improve without regular first-team football? The answer lies in those smiling boots and his want to succeed.

I believe he will and return to Ashton Gate a better player.

Perhaps the contract is very ordinary, perhaps relating to number of games played, a poor bonus for signing. As somebody said, there are two sides to the story. Perhaps Keogh being 21 and not yet a first team regular, the club thought they could get by with a cheap contract, especially as Keogh loves the club.

GJ has only signed Byfield for a year and Keogh is signed for the year, why is it alright for one and not the other ? I like what GJ has done with our achievements, but I like Keogh as a player and for his attitude.

I think more needs to be said before judgements are passed.

Not really as Rich is a very good friend of mind. I'm not going to take people slagging him off about something they don't know anything about.

And that would go for any of my friends.

Rich loves this club and that is a fact!!! He does not drink when we go out EVER and is a true gent.

So please get your facts right before stating that he's being greedy etc!!! The guy loves the club and wants be playing football.. make of that what you will.

Nobody of worth would doubt RK's integrity or his playing ability, especially, but his "media" skills leave a lot to be desired, I remember posting earlier in the year after watching one of his BCFC World interviews, sadly he came across reminiscent of a rabbit transfixed by a cars headlights, accentuated by his very wide eyed appearance, made me whince to watch it. He really ought to polish those inter-personal skills, which would do his personal confidence a power of good.

Then, if he loves this club, he can tell his agent that Richard Keogh has a mind of his own.

Well I can only judge by the info I have, but even I am not gullible enough to believe everything as fact. There are 2 sides to every story and I'm sure this isn't any different.

So sign a new( and presumably much improved) deal then !

If he's that committed and signs, he'll get played, and if he's really that good he'll get signed by a bigger Club and go with all our wishes.

Or go to Hudd with the hump, not play to your full potential, come back and disappear like so many others,

Archived