IGNORED

Trundle - Not A Happy Bunny

Robbored

No I bet he loved being subbed. Of course he wouldn't like it you prat. Would you? I'd be more upset if he didn't seem to give a shit.

No need resort to insults. I haven't insulted you.

The point of the post ( which you obviously missed) is not fabricate anything but to ask whether Trundle will adopt a healthy attitude to being subbed - after all he was a big fish in a small pond at Swansea and getting taken off is probably not something he's used to.

If he has a problem with being substitued, then he will need to get fitter and improve his all round game more, really influence the game.

I'm sure that is what Johnson will say if Trundle has a winge.

That said, he didn't seem pissed off at all, he'll be totally bought into GJ's team ethic by now.

The point of the post ( which you obviously missed) is not fabricate anything but to ask whether Trundle will adopt a healthy attitude to being subbed - after all he was a big fish in a small pond at Swansea and getting taken off is probably not something he's used to.

Ok, maybe he's not used to it, but he's not used to life at a bigger club in a bigger league is he? I doubt very much he expected to play 90 mins of every game. I'm still not sure what your point is though

Strange substitution of Trundle when Enoch was laid out on the ground injured, even at grass root level you wait to see if the injured player is okay before making the switch, surely thats where Millen should earn his money and chip in and 'assist' GJ on decisions.

Anyone else think that Trundle looked very p1ssed off at being subbed?

I can't imagine that he got subbed with so much time when left at Swansea.It'll be interesting to see how he reacts to it.

He was crap today, simple as. Gave the ball away, couldnt hold it up, his fancy flicks didnt come off and the bit where he was in the corner, kicked it out and tried to claim a corner summed it all up for me.

Poor game, but 3 points is points. Oh, and we're top of the league!

He was crap today, simple as. Gave the ball away, couldnt hold it up, his fancy flicks didnt come off and the bit where he was in the corner, kicked it out and tried to claim a corner summed it all up for me.

Couldnt hold it up? He held it up well enough for the goal surely. Bit of a harsh assesment there.

Yeah he wasn't good, but still set our goal up, so i make that 2 goals and 2 assists from our last four (league) goals. We've won two and drawn two, and he has been a big part of that. Defenders are scared to get too close, and his contibution has certainly been the difference from last year to this.

Hardly seems "crap, simple as" as you so eloquently put it...

Yeah he wasn't good, but still set our goal up, so i make that 2 goals and 2 assists from our last four (league) goals. We've won two and drawn two, and he has been a big part of that. Defenders are scared to get too close, and his contibution has certainly been the difference from last year to this.

Hardly seems "crap, simple as" as you so eloquently put it...

Yeah, you got a point there mate! Maybe my expectations are a little to high. Another point that i didnt make was that whenever trundle got within farting distance of the ball, he instantly had 2 men on him.

Maybe i was a little hasty in my post!

Yeah, you got a point there mate! Maybe my expectations are a little to high. Another point that i didnt make was that whenever trundle got within farting distance of the ball, he instantly had 2 men on him.

Maybe i was a little hasty in my post!

I think we've all got high expectations of him mate, he's a top player and a real showman. I love watching that tribute video on youtube! Opposition defences are away of it too, as you rightly say he gets two men on him everytime he gets the ball.

The thing with him is that as it stands, he wont do much during the game, but his contribution is the difference between a stalemate and a winner. With a unique player like trundle, i think we need to learn to be patient and trust him.

Easier said than done though!! ;)

I can't imagine that he got subbed with so much time when left at Swansea.It'll be interesting to see how he reacts to it.

Yea, I thought he looked a bit miffed as well,

and no, people usually aren't jumping for joy at being subbed out, but often enough you know that you are a bit tired or that the gameplan needs a change and you support the switch even if it means you coming off the pitch. This of course didn't seem like one of those times that the player just checked it off as a job well done for the good of the squad.

Strange substitution of Trundle when Enoch was laid out on the ground injured, even at grass root level you wait to see if the injured player is okay before making the switch, surely thats where Millen should earn his money and chip in and 'assist' GJ on decisions.

As already stated, thats a fine statement to make if you are on the last substitution, but we were not. They had another sub to use if Enoch needed to come off and I'm sure they were well aware of that when deciding to go through with the Trundle change.

As already stated, thats a fine statement to make if you are on the last substitution, but we were not. They had another sub to use if Enoch needed to come off and I'm sure they were well aware of that when deciding to go through with the Trundle change.

And which forward was that?

A nice "fancy flick" from Trundle and we score. A little harsh to brand him crap PR. I 'd be happy if thats all he did each game !!

who exactly ????? Cole Skuse ?????

You invite insults with your constant sniping, you are always searching for an excuse to back up your ridiculous 'conference manager' jibe, any little chink and you pounce, you only ever seem happy when things are'nt going well, so as you post with your 'told you so attitude'.

Good point and and a mistake according to GJ. They thought it was Elliot who was injured..

Good point and and a mistake according to GJ. They thought it was Elliot who was injured..

Thank you, it's good to see GJ has cleared that 'mistake' up but i still think thats why he needs back up from assistant manager Keith Millen who surely should of helped GJ weigh up the situation before making the switch. Other than that, another great result ground out.

No - I didn't think he looked particularly unhappy.

Trying to find something that isn't there? I think it is called $h1t stirring by most people.

I don't think many players are "happy" to be subbed, they want to play 90 mins every game. LT strikes me as the sort of bloke who "eats, sleeps and breathes football lives to score goals. I think the reaction if any will be to make him more hungry for the next game.

What people are not taking into account, is we've got practically a new side out there, and it's going to take time for them all to get to know each others games.

Trunds is doing fine, as the close attention he gets from defenders, is creating space for others, and you just know that he's the ability to unleash a sublime bit of skill, that can win a game.

Wait until he's up to full match fitness, which he clearly isn't due to few pre season games.

As for G.J.'s bizarre substitution of him yesterday, was a terrible move, and Sproule come to that.

Ivan had just had a superb run, to set up Lee J, who inexcusably stepped over the ball for Mcindoe to miss, and next thing he's taken off ?

Alright he's hardly had any games, but he's always going to be a threat, with that pace.

Why oh why Trunds was taken off with Enoch clearly knackered, is a shocking error from G.J. and luckily we escaped with it.

3 fantastic points, and lessons learned....hopefully.

My brother-in-law and some mates were sat in the services on the way back from the game and Trundle and missus were in there as well.

Apparently, Trunds spotted one of the lads was wearing a City shirt and totally unprompted came over and had a little chat with them.

He said that he was a little disappointed with his own performance and that the feeling in the dressing room was that the lads thought that they could have played a lot better, but were happy with the result obviously.

Top bloke for taking the time to come over and chat I reckon.

I would say more resigned... he knew he had not played that well and, frankly, could have played better for the Man City game.. but in both he still made valuable contributions. Its the depth of his commitment that illustrates he realises it and wants to raise his game.

I still say he plays his best football when teamed up with Jevo. Was he even a sub saturday?

I would say more resigned... he knew he had not played that well and, frankly, could have played better for the Man City game.. but in both he still made valuable contributions. Its the depth of his commitment that illustrates he realises it and wants to raise his game.

I still say he plays his best football when teamed up with Jevo. Was he even a sub saturday?

No he wasn't on the bench, i think someone mentioned he had a back injury.

My brother-in-law and some mates were sat in the services on the way back from the game and Trundle and missus were in there as well.

Apparently, Trunds spotted one of the lads was wearing a City shirt and totally unprompted came over and had a little chat with them.

He said that he was a little disappointed with his own performance and that the feeling in the dressing room was that the lads thought that they could have played a lot better, but were happy with the result obviously.

Top bloke for taking the time to come over and chat I reckon.

Agree with that Dark Lord.

A bit different from Stevie Gallagher eh?! :icecream:

Hey,everyone makes mistakes,I'm sure when everyone else makes errors in their jobs they don't get hundreds of people talking about it.

After everything GJ has done for this club,it pains me to think that if Sheff Wed had scored late on people would've blamed Gary and no doubt blasted him for it.

I think he deserved to get away with it and I'm so pleased that he did.

At least he's man enough and honest enough to explain and admit his mistake. It was a howler though !

interesting the commentary team missed it [i think]... i guess they were so occupied admiring the blue seats of Hillsborough and the blue and white stripes of the players they so admired. :noexpression:

Archived