IGNORED

Sproule Substitution

Robbored

I was really surprised to see Sproule substituted.He'd looked the most threatening City outlet with his pace.I bet the Wednesday full back was glad to see him go off.

I would have though that with Sproule being missing for 4 games that he would have benefitted from a full 90mins especially as City now don't play for 2 weeks.

But ..... it was obvioulsy the right decision as City held on to win the game.

I lost count of the amount of times he was caught offside, hes bound to be rusty though...

Interesting to see that after I was shot down a while ago for saying GJ would use him as a striker, both of his appearences have been up front. :noexpression:

Just before the substitution, Wednesday had a succession of corners which caused us a fair bit of trouble. i did think Enoch coming on gave us another 'big' bloke to help defend them.

We won, we are top (for a couple of hours at least). It worked!

U REDS

Yep. But he's no striker. Not in a million years.

He was clean through at one point and if he had done what a striker would have done - cut across the defender - we would have had a penalty or he would have had a clear shot. But he veered away from the defender ala winger and shot into the side netting.

No way, absolutely no way, is he a striker.

He is a winger.

Looks like hes going to be given a fair go up front.

We shall see how he does.

Looked good today although surely he has to be more aware of staying onside. As the commentator said, with the pace that he has where is the need to be caught offside again and again. Surely a little more concentration of that and he could score a lot of goals this season from a wide position because of the way he could get in front of defences.

I think the signing of Byfield proves that he'll be used more out wide. Byfield isn't up to match fitness and its Sproules first full proper game for a good few months so makes sense he was taken off. I got the feeling it was more a case of shutting up shop, cos after LJs miss we didn't look like scoring again.

Would have thought purely a bit tactical, probably only had 5 or 10 mins left in him so the introduction of Sodje in my view needed the change with Showumni and murray needed...

Personally I think GJ may have thought it was Elliott that was injured not Showumni and the Trundle subs was a little premature, so then i would have thought he had to bring Skuse on..

I expect GJ would have admitted the mistake was his fault had they scored....

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Archived