IGNORED

Basso - What A Star !

andy g

I know it was a backs-to-the-wall performance for most of the match today, but what a star Basso was !

Some of those saves in the second half were incredible and its hard to imagine anyone else being able to pull them off.

Gary Johnson was quite right to put him back in the first team and he's justified his place again. Weale will have to wait, because there is no way you can drop Basso after a performance like that.

Gary Johnson was quite right to put him back in the first team and he's justified his place again. Weale will have to wait, because there is no way you can drop Basso after a performance like that.

Some fans think that Weale was unfortunate to dropped.He did nothing wrong in any of the games he played and at B'pool he kept City in the game. I was surprised to see Basso back in to be honest.

That said Basso pulled of three quality saves and his all round game was excellant but we'll never know if Weale had played whether he would had have a similar game.

Ability wise there's not between them imo but Basso probably edges out Weale because of his influence in the dressing room.

I think his command of the area and general alertness of balls over the top also adds to the edging out.

His bravery and excellent handling..... etc etc

I think we have two (arguably three) very good keepers who need to be on top form to stay in the team. Healthly competition.

Basso will shade it at the moment

I like Basso a lot and he made some good saves but his commanding of his six yard box at Wednesday's many corners was very poor. He didn't come for any and a top keeper would've come and taken them (or at least punched) all day long ... as it was they were by far Wednesday's main, almost only, area of danger the whole match.

Leaving a defence to deal with corners on YOUR six yard line and inside is asking for big trouble, we were very lucky to get away with it today and for sure we won't again, although to be fair the delivery of the corners was above average today. He simply HAS to take charge at corners landing so close to his goal and he failed miserably at it today. I pray that Gary and Milly have noticed it and work him extensively on it.

I disagree. Four corners in the second half that were in our six yard area and he stayed rooted. We were lucky to get away with that. Apart from that he did well.

i agree and why do you think that SW was putting it in the 6 yard box at corners was it

a) to let basso show off how good he is at comanding his 6 yard box or

b) because they done their homework and found out how dodgy he is

i agree and why do you think that SW was putting it in the 6 yard box at corners was it

a) to let basso show off how good he is at comanding his 6 yard box or

b) because they done their homework and found out how dodgy he is

shot stopping he is great, but he should of took responsibility and come out on these corners that were inside his six yard box, in fairness SW were shocking far worse than half the teams we played last season.

nice to see basso back in goal and had an amazing game. No disrespect to weale think if he played we would of drawn 1-1 or lost 2-1

Like johnson said basso played for 18 months and did nothing wrong and wale has played 4 games and done nothing wrong. think GJ is going to have both keepers play the same amount of games to keep them happy.

I disagree. Four corners in the second half that were in our six yard area and he stayed rooted. We were lucky to get away with that. Apart from that he did well.

Agree with you. Overall his performarance was superb though. Nice to listen to the World interview with Basso - him and Weale are helping each other and are only competing against the opposition team independent of who's in goal. Sound more "religious" than human to me but long may it continue.

:pray:

Agree with you. Overall his performarance was superb though. Nice to listen to the World interview with Basso - him and Weale are helping each other and are only competing against the opposition team independent of who's in goal. Sound more "religious" than human to me but long may it continue.

:pray:

I think this crossing business is something that Naylor is responsible for as Phillips was the same when he was here, but now he comes out and claims the ball (Well he did on TV!!).

I reckon it is the way Naylor coaches the club keepers to deal with the crosses - don't know why but it is not a natural thing for a keeper to do - stay rooted to the line (having been one for a far few years!!). So not necessarily Basso's fault

Anybody think this ???

I wonder if Weale was actually dropped today?

No stay with me!!

I flicked on very briefly the Coventry v Preston game whilst doing some DIY type stuff and overheard the commentator say that the keeper for one of the teams was making his first start as part of his Managers "I don't have a number 1 stance" he was taking this season, i.e. he was purposely planning to rotate his keepers every few games irrespective of performance.

As there was no justifiable reason really to drop Weale, any chance Gary is simply trying to keep them both fresh by giving them a couple of games each and then rotating, probably with Basso having the Lions share?

Pro's and Cons to this, but, it would keep them both happy and fairly fresh.

I know it was a backs-to-the-wall performance for most of the match today, but what a star Basso was !

Some of those saves in the second half were incredible and its hard to imagine anyone else being able to pull them off.

All true, but what I especially like about Ad's performance today, is that an Almighty slap in the face has been given to all those lingering Basso doubters out there :punish: No disrespect to Chris Weale, his time will come.

In the meantime, lets ALL believe!! :Believe:

No stay with me!!

I flicked on very briefly the Coventry v Preston game whilst doing some DIY type stuff and overheard the commentator say that the keeper for one of the teams was making his first start as part of his Managers "I don't have a number 1 stance" he was taking this season, i.e. he was purposely planning to rotate his keepers every few games irrespective of performance.

As there was no justifiable reason really to drop Weale, any chance Gary is simply trying to keep them both fresh by giving them a couple of games each and then rotating, probably with Basso having the Lions share?

GJ confirmed Weale wasnt dropped, he was giving Basso his chance as he played well over the last 12/14/18 months.

No stay with me!!

Gj did that whilst he was at Yeovil with Weale and I think Colis.

shot stopping he is great, but he should of took responsibility and come out on these corners that were inside his six yard box, in fairness SW were shocking far worse than half the teams we played last season.

Did any of you not notice that Weds put a striker in front of him at every second half corner. The strikers job was to get in his way without committing a 'foul' but it was like watching some of Chelsea's grid iron tactics for removing an opponent from a set piece. So he wasnt 'rooted' to his line at all. Well not through his own choice anyway!

The ref didnt notice of course. Bass had a word with him after the corner were Enoch was injured. I'm surprised none of you noticed it - I was fuming at the time and would have gone mental if they had scored from one of those corners.

Archived