IGNORED

Wednesday V City Colour Clash

Rudolf Hucker

Anyone out there with refereeing experience able to explain to me why both Wednesday and City were allowed to wear black shorts today? I've always thought that opposing shirts, shorts and socks were supposed to contrast?

Our normal red and white strip would not have created any clash whatsoever but our decision to change did. In fact, the ref and his linesmen were also been wearing black shorts. I can't recall a game in which this situation has arisen before.

Perhaps the Sky "Sheffield Wednesday Supporter's Club" which were commentating and reviewing the game will review the tape and recommend to the League that the City win be voided, that justice be finally done and the points awarded to the home team. :innocent06:

Our normal red and white strip would not have created any clash whatsoever but our decision to change did. In fact, the ref and his linesmen were also been wearing black shorts. I can't recall a game in which this situation has arisen before.

Please remember football is a business enterprise these days. At a guess, in return for having the manufacturer's name on the shirt, clubs undertake to wear their "away" strip whenever poss as this will ebcourage all "good loyal" fans to buy both a home and away shirt which means moremoney for both the club and manufacturer.

As for clashing with officials, when Posh played Coventry in a cup game a few years ago, both 'keepers and the officials wore green tops. With scores level going into stoppage time, a corner was awarded to Coventry whose keeper joined the attack. Yep that's right two goalis and a ref all wearing similar green tops running round in the same penalty area.

Please remember football is a business enterprise these days. At a guess, in return for having the manufacturer's name on the shirt, clubs undertake to wear their "away" strip whenever poss as this will ebcourage all "good loyal" fans to buy both a home and away shirt which means moremoney for both the club and manufacturer.

That's absolutely spot on. Although its a shame if your team don't wear their home colours when there's no clash, economics dictate. Furthermore, I think that today's kit has set a precedent for all away fixtures, which means that unless we draw the Bournemouth Rossoneri at Boscombe in the FA Cup, City will be back to black.

Archived