IGNORED

Keogh Today

Barneyredballs

Keogh put in a mom performance at the den. He only plays one way, thats why he was voted young player of the season by us the fans. Thats why his 2 year extention contract should have been a good one........was it though ?

His current contract keeps him at the Gate for this season, no different than Byfield. That proves that GJ will accept players for 1 year.

None of you saying that he should sign for an extra 2 years, know whats in his contract offer. It could be a low end contract based on conditions with perhaps only a small sign on bonus. Perhaps he does deserve better. I want to keep him in the club and believe he is worth any extra money that may be required to finalise the signing.

Keogh put in a mom performance at the den. He only plays one way, thats why he was voted young player of the season by us the fans. Thats why his 2 year extention contract should have been a good one........was it though ?

His current contract keeps him at the Gate for this season, no different than Byfield. That proves that GJ will accept players for 1 year.

None of you saying that he should sign for an extra 2 years, know whats in his contract offer. It could be a low end contract based on conditions with perhaps only a small sign on bonus. Perhaps he does deserve better. I want to keep him in the club and believe he is worth any extra money that may be required to finalise the signing.

How can you possibly say that without knowing the details. Perhaps he is looking for £10K per week - in which case he can stay at Huddersfield as far as I am concerned. Or perhaps not. It is difficult to comment without having the facts. And I suppose we need to come to terms with the fact that Gary Johnson's decisions on football related matters in the main are far more accurate than our own intuition.

The problem Keogh has is that both Orr and Fontaine have definitely stepped up to the Championship plate and therefore he needs to be be patient and wait for his chance to prove that he can do the same (which we do not actually know yet). Is he prepared to do that?

It's all down to his big time agent.

Why can't players negotiate their own deals, without these chancers sticking their ore into everything, and creaming off them ?

If Keogh's as happy as he said he was, after promotion, he should stand on his own 2 feet, and think for himself.

He's absolute quality, and it will be a sad day if he leaves us, but you can't argue with what G.J. is doing.

I'd like to see all agents banned, and each club have a PFA representative negotiating deals, with them salaried from the F.A.

That way the millions and millions being sucked out of the game by these leeches, would go back into the game.

But Keogh IS under contract! He is contracted for this season, and the extention that is so vexing GJ does not start until next summer. Keogh has never been a regular starter, and is, once again, likely to be down the pecking order whether he signs or not. He wants regular first-team football to pursue his International ambitions, so who can blame him for keeping his options open? And ostracising him is really going to encourage him to sign, isn't it!?!

In all honesty, if I was in his position I would want to see how the season progresses, and what opportunities I am given in the first-team before committing for another few years - And that is for footballing reasons, not greed.

How can you possibly say that without knowing the details. Perhaps he is looking for £10K per week - in which case he can stay at Huddersfield as far as I am concerned. Or perhaps not. It is difficult to comment without having the facts. And I suppose we need to come to terms with the fact that Gary Johnson's decisions on football related matters in the main are far more accurate than our own intuition.

The problem Keogh has is that both Orr and Fontaine have definitely stepped up to the Championship plate and therefore he needs to be be patient and wait for his chance to prove that he can do the same (which we do not actually know yet). Is he prepared to do that?

Read the post. I merely ASKED the question, I did not say thats how it was.

If Keogh's got half a brain, then I would suggest he knew that he was ahead of the pecking order as first reserve centre back when the season finished. He was certainly ahead of Fontaine and undoubtedly would've maintained that role in the squad if he had signed the contract was on the table, according to GJ, since last Christmas.

Fontaine has definately stepped up a level but I doubt that he would've got the chance had Keogh comitted before pre-season. His only real hope now is that he performs at Huddersfield and one of the centre-backs get injured affording him a chance to go straight into the side. Wilson will take over Orr's position at right-back as he is nowhere near Championship quality IMO.

If Keogh's got half a brain, then I would suggest he knew that he was ahead of the pecking order as first reserve centre back when the season finished. He was certainly ahead of Fontaine and undoubtedly would've maintained that role in the squad if he had signed the contract was on the table, according to GJ, since last Christmas.

Fontaine has definately stepped up a level but I doubt that he would've got the chance had Keogh comitted before pre-season. His only real hope now is that he performs at Huddersfield and one of the centre-backs get injured affording him a chance to go straight into the side. Wilson will take over Orr's position at right-back as he is nowhere near Championship quality IMO.

How do you know Wilson is up to it? Far as I know he has played about 30mins there on his debut.

I don't know where this idea of Wilson just taking over from Orr comes from.

It's all down to his big time agent.

Why can't players negotiate their own deals, without these chancers sticking their ore into everything, and creaming off them ?

The player employs the agent because he will get him a better deal and, in fairness that's probably the case on numerous occassions and you have to remember that, as David O'Leary would say, "they're only young boys".

I'd like to see all agents banned, and each club have a PFA representative negotiating deals, with them salaried from the F.A.

Agree with that-but I can never see it happening due to European Law

For me, Orr has stepped up apart from the distribution and the team shoud find a way of BO not playing the final ball as much nd that's down in large part to our midfield-Wilson is better on the ball but I'm not sure he'll be as tenacious a defender in a flat back four-As always, I'll reserve judgement until I see him play there.

There are "two or three minor things" that RK wants and, I think he's being poorly advised-Trouble is these two or three things CAN'T be minor because it's been going on far to long and they're obviously not minor from the clubs standpoint.The final smack in the mouth for RK was Vasko signing and, at present, as much as I rate him and like him, I think it'll be a transfer with a hefty sell on clause.

Hope Keogh signs a new deal. I don't have a problem with him looking out for the best deal possible, but he must know after last season that just because GJ isn't playing you from the first game your not in his plans. McCombe didn't begin every game at first, but now he's seem as one of our most important players.

The fact Keogh can play at right back as well works to his advantage, as if he's not first to be picked at centre back he'll have a shout at right back. He has age on his side and it can't just be me who sees him and McCombe as our first choice centre back pairing once Carey hangs up his boots.

How do you know Wilson is up to it? Far as I know he has played about 30mins there on his debut.

I don't know where this idea of Wilson just taking over from Orr comes from.

I put IMO which means 'In My Opinion'. I don't know for sure but that's purely my opinion based on Wilson's favoured position and his form compared to BO's.

I'm a fan of Orr but am just saying I imagine questions will be raised when Byfield, Sproule, Murray and Wilson are all fit and fighting for two spots, presuming Orr remains in the team and Wilson's maintains his form. Going on that, I would hazard a guess that those questions will be answered with Wilson stepping into right-back, Sproule to right-wing and Byfield up front with Murray as an impact sub but we will see.

I put IMO which means 'In My Opinion'. I don't know for sure but that's purely my opinion based on Wilson's favoured position and his form compared to BO's.

I'm a fan of Orr but am just saying I imagine questions will be raised when Byfield, Sproule, Murray and Wilson are all fit and fighting for two spots, presuming Orr remains in the team and Wilson's maintains his form. Going on that, I would hazard a guess that those questions will be answered with Wilson stepping into right-back, Sproule to right-wing and Byfield up front with Murray as an impact sub but we will see.

I didnt just mean you, I don't understand how anyone can say Wilson should be RB over Orr. Wilson has had maybe one good game since he has joined and showed no qualites of a good defensive RB.

If you think back to the Man City especially, his passing and first touch isnt better then Orr's IMO.

Absoultely spot on. If I was Keogh I would wonder where my next opportunity was going to come from, and wether the manager had real faith in my ability. Johnson has increased competition which is no bad thing, but RK is a young EIRE international who, imo, has never put a foot wrong for BCFC and deserves a run. Vasko or RK, no argument for me. What other cover do we have for RB, yes Wilson can play there but I think he is more effective up the field. Get him back quick, offer him a contract that reflects his potential, yes potential, and play him.

I didnt just mean you, I don't understand how anyone can say Wilson should be RB over Orr. Wilson has had maybe one good game since he has joined and showed no qualites of a good defensive RB.

If you think back to the Man City especially, his passing and first touch isnt better then Orr's IMO.

I agree with your first point. Wilson has started the season poorly but he has at least been gradually improving with the games with the pinnacle coming tomorrow.

Bradley Orr, goal aside, was one of our worst players against Man City IMO. His distribution was terrible at best and positionally he wasn't at his best. He upped it in the second half but I thought he was the one player who looked massively out of place on that stage but, again, that's just my opinion.

I agree with your first point. Wilson has started the season poorly but he has at least been gradually improving with the games with the pinnacle coming tomorrow.

Bradley Orr, goal aside, was one of our worst players against Man City IMO. His distribution was terrible at best and positionally he wasn't at his best. He upped it in the second half but I thought he was the one player who looked massively out of place on that stage but, again, that's just my opinion.

anyone know how Artus is getting on at Exeter?

anyone know how Artus is getting on at Exeter?

According to a mate who's an Exeter fan, very well. Had a niggling injury since the first game of the season, and I watched the live game on Setanta Sports 2 weeks ago which the said Artus hadn't trained for a week (due to injury) and still played 90 minutes :noexpression:

Equally how can you say otherwise.

The fact is we are likely to lose a player with fantastic potential and huge ability, because our manager cannot man manage other than in the way he knows and believes in - if they disagree, freeze 'em out.

He may have a shit agent, GJ should be clever enough to get around that, does he believe in Keogh or not? not playing him suggests he doesn't and I don't know why.

Equally how can you say otherwise.

The fact is we are likely to lose a player with fantastic potential and huge ability, because our manager cannot man manage other than in the way he knows and believes in - if they disagree, freeze 'em out.

He may have a shit agent, GJ should be clever enough to get around that, does he believe in Keogh or not? not playing him suggests he doesn't and I don't know why.

this isn't about a personality clash, it's about money and ambition, so let's not try and spin this into an issue to beat GJ with.

GJ clearly rates Keogh highly, he has said as much and gave him significant chances last term. Keogh is obviously talented, ambitious and keen to play first team football so as to build on his first full season last time out.

However, it is Keogh who has turned down the offer of a new contract (be it good or not) meaing come the end of the season we would (in my understanding) get nothing if he was to leave us. GJ has openly expressed dissapointment at this, beacuse he clearly likes the lad.

Keogh knew that compertition for centre back places woud be just as fierce this term as last, and as good as he might be he isn't going to be automatic pick from day one, especially considering our player of the season and captain both are centre backs.

GJ would be wrong to give someone with no higher level experience, who was not a regular last term and who is unwilling to commit himself long term a chance ahead of others. GJ would get slated if he let Keogh play and then we lost him for peanuts later, and he'd be going against all the principles he has instilled in the squad of team unity and cameraderie. He'd basically be appeasing one player and flicking the V's to the others, sparking the kind of problems he worked so hard to remove.

And anyway, what has Keogh done to inspire more loyalty from the fans than GJ? Keogh is a good young player, but he's not more important than the team. GJ has built a team which has won us promotion, fought bravely against higher level opposition and now is making a cracking start to the season. He deserves to be given a bit of slack.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

I think Orr has been doing pretty well and puts his body on the line alot to block a shot or make last ditch tackles.

Archived