IGNORED

Didnt Gj Get A Tiny Club Like Yeovil Promo'd Twice?

garlicbread

So all the doommongers, 'bring back DW', and 'GJ hasnt got a clue' brigade are thinning out - About ######g time.

The panicking about SL/GJ not getting the right players in the close season has been proven as irrelevant as we now have a great squad that seems to be able to hold its own in this league. (Heck, we even have a couple of WAGS on board. :laugh:).

Its great that there seems to be a real positive unity of the fans and a real belief for the what seems like the first time since Jordan took the reins.

So as momentum is still with us (since the hand grnade incident I think), its all going great guns at the moment. I cant see why we cant kick on and have an overachieving season (a la colchester last year).

I predicted us to finish 10th this season and am even more confident after the signings, team unity and the strong start that we will, or maybe even get slightly higher.

With GJs record, there is no reason why he cant do what he did with yeovil and push us further (although probably next season!)

For once, I can actually imagine us having a season in the prem one day

CTID!

(Cue the pessimists...)

In defence of two posters who made those infamous posts way back when.

The club was in a terrible state. They were angry and embarsed at the way their club was being run. If you are a new manager and you lose 10(?) games out of your first 14(?), you are rightly going to have questions asked about you.

I dunno 'bout you but I'm glad we have passionate supporters who actually give a ######, because tbh, I don't think you could have said that was the case with some people at the club at one point.

So all the doommongers, 'bring back DW', and 'GJ hasnt got a clue' brigade are thinning out - About ######g time.

The panicking about SL/GJ not getting the right players in the close season has been proven as irrelevant as we now have a great squad that seems to be able to hold its own in this league. (Heck, we even have a couple of WAGS on board. :laugh:).

Its great that there seems to be a real positive unity of the fans and a real belief for the what seems like the first time since Jordan took the reins.

So as momentum is still with us (since the hand grnade incident I think), its all going great guns at the moment. I cant see why we cant kick on and have an overachieving season (a la colchester last year).

I predicted us to finish 10th this season and am even more confident after the signings, team unity and the strong start that we will, or maybe even get slightly higher.

With GJs record, there is no reason why he cant do what he did with yeovil and push us further (although probably next season!)

CTID!

(Cue the pessimists...)

BRING BACK DW!!!!

:laugh:

Whilst i'm not AS confident as you, its most definately great to see a positive post on here.

the next few games will tell if we are good enough to establish ourselves in this division.

We have the quality its just making it work. So far we've done well! very well...

If we have a few more results like the ones we've been getting then i'll be very happy indeed.

CTID!

(Cue the pessimists...)

Cue the pessimists..........as well as cue the fans that go over the top! You know the type, the same type of fan that, when England beat someone comfortably, all of a sudden its "can we win the World Cup?"

Ive had a season ticket for 12 years now, and been going reguarly for about 15 years (I'm 26), and ive never seen the club looking as strong as what it does now. However, talk of Premiership, or even top 6 is a little over ambitious at the minute! For me, the season starts with Coventry....an established Championship side who are currently high on confidence!

I believe the saying is "walk before you can run".....lets get that 50 points on the board, thats what we want

If some people are SO confident that City will be playing Prem footy within a few seasons, why not go to the bookies and put a huge amount of cash on this happening, the odds must be fantastic !!!. As some fans have said, its only 4 games, a great start, but lets just wait until Jan and see how we are doing before booking trains to old trafford !!!.

If some people are SO confident that City will be playing Prem footy within a few seasons, why not go to the bookies and put a huge amount of cash on this happening, the odds must be fantastic !!!. As some fans have said, its only 4 games, a great start, but lets just wait until Jan and see how we are doing before booking trains to old trafford !!!.

Correct. Survival is 42/-44 points away. When we get there I'll be happy! But even we were poor at the start of GJ's reign I was fairly confident he would sort it out- in the long run he does the right things.

We lose next week and someone will say "where's garlic bread"

Exactly my words this weekend! That pizza boy never remembers my full order! Free garlic bread with orders of 5 pizzas or more!!!!!

In all seriousness, GJ does have a habit of over achieving but there does become a point where that must wear out. I mean, he's hardly going to get the England job and lead us to world cup glory...............is he?! I think a 10-14 finish should be seen as a great achievement and as long as we go out on a high, we should be able to kick on from there.

Cue the pessimists..........as well as cue the fans that go over the top! You know the type, the same type of fan that, when England beat someone comfortably, all of a sudden its "can we win the World Cup?"

Ive had a season ticket for 12 years now, and been going reguarly for about 15 years (I'm 26), and ive never seen the club looking as strong as what it does now. However, talk of Premiership, or even top 6 is a little over ambitious at the minute! For me, the season starts with Coventry....an established Championship side who are currently high on confidence!

I believe the saying is "walk before you can run".....lets get that 50 points on the board, thats what we want

I agree in part. But I'm not saying that we now are the dogs blx cos weve done ok 4 games in.

Just the same as I would never suggest England can win the WC, more like a 1/4 final finish is acceptable - I feel that we will cut our cloth in accordance with a few factors...GJs history, the clubs momentum over last 18 months, the development of the squad, morale, consistentcy etc etc

Based on that a top ten finish would be punching above weight, but very do-able (colchester?). And with his record with progressing yeovil quickly, why not a stint in the prem one day in the next season or beyond (Its been done before!).

The last time City got off to such a good start by amassing 11 points from 5 games was in 1991. City then didn't win for another 6 games....

I'm not saying the same will happen this season but it just goes to show quickly things can change.

Absolutely. On a statistically insignificant sample of 4 games, you can't read anything into it. If you could, Man Utd wouldn't stand a chance of winning the premiership.

It's a good start, granted, but we've got lots of much harder games to come.

I hate to think what the board is going to be like if sink towards the bottom half and maybe skirt near the relegation zone if we only pickup a few points in the next 10 games or so...

The last time City got off to such a good start by amassing 11 points from 5 games was in 1991. City then didn't win for another 6 games....

I'm not saying the same will happen this season but it just goes to show quickly things can change.

More to the point, the first season in the old first division we were top for a brief period very early on in the season. We ended that season by staying up with a draw at Coventry in that now infamous last match of the season.

Coventry eh? Whatever happened to them?

More to the point, the first season in the old first division we were top for a brief period very early on in the season. We ended that season by staying up with a draw at Coventry in that now infamous last match of the season.

Coventry eh? Whatever happened to them?

we always said the first three games could not have been better if we had engineered it.. the 4th game was also a relatively easy one; we were not to know SW would have such a poor start.. tough games to come but those points are in the bag and it has given us huge confidence for the more testing ones to come which is priceless.

You get free 9" garlic bread with every 12" pizza at the dolphin chip shop in filton. If only I liked garlic bread.

Its the same at pizza parlours around the world. Absolute shambles of an offer. :noexpression: garlic bread starch mungus mate. who needs it after a starch filled pizza anyway... bunch of swindling cheapskates and to think you would fall for that. Throw a salad at em and tell em to do some greens next time. :fastasleep:

Archived