IGNORED

Bristol City V Bristol City

Bristol Boy

From our current squad, take a look at this in terms of competing teams of equal strength

To keep it simple both in 4-4-2

...........BASSO..............

ORR.......CAREY...............MCCOMBE.....MCALLISTER...........

SPROULE.............ELLIOTT.............JOHNSON......MCINDOE..

.............BYFIELD.............TRUNDLE.........

VERSUS

............WEALE.............

WILSON..........KEOGH......VASKO..............FONTAINE..........

MURRAY.........SKUSE.......NOBLE...............BETSY...

........BROOKER................SHOWUNMI.......

And Jevo, Russell, JMW, TP, Artus, Henderson don't even get a game!!

From our current squad, take a look at this in terms of competing teams of equal strength

To keep it simple both in 4-4-2

...........BASSO.

ORR.......CAREY..MCCOMBE.....MCALLISTER...........

SPROULE.............ELLIOTT.............JOHNSON......MCINDOE..

.............BYFIELD.............TRUNDLE.........

VERSUS

............WEALE.............

WILSON..........KEOGH......VASKO.FONTAINE..........

MURRAY.........SKUSE.......NOBLE..BETSY...

........BROOKER...SHOWUNMI.......

And Jevo, Russell, JMW, TP, Artus, Henderson don't even get a game!!

On this season:

.............Basso.............

Orr.......Carey..........Fontaine............McCallister

Murray.........Johnson.......Elliott.........McIndoe

............Trundle...........Sproule

VERSUS

......Henderson/Weale*........

Keogh..........Vasko............McCombe............Ribeiro

B Wilson.......Noble.............Skuse............Betsy

......Byfield.............Jevons....

* Play half a game each.

Subs for either team to use:

J Wilson

Artus

Russell

JMW

Enoch

Bristol City v Bristol City....

now that sounds like a mouthwatering match. Bound to be a sell out! :noexpression:

Just had a word with Colin and unfortneately it'll only be 19,500..Segregation, although the EE will be open to City fans only, not City fans because you know that lot, chavs to a man and they can't behave themselves like people do at the theatre.

Having said that at £60 a ticket we may not sell out-That's £30 POD plus interest, credit card surcharge and booking fee..........it does however include free parking that was previously free but they're still doing us a big favour by providing it and don't you forget it sunshine. :coat:

i wish you would, for good.

What an utter #### thing to say. I don't read half of what Bristol Boy posts, cos, I just can't be arsed, but, at least most of the time he makes sense.

You contribute about the same as me in truth, which, quite frankly is jack-all so if there are any posters that should be disappearing to improve this forum, you, like me are certainly well in that arena.

Your ego is writing cheques your body can't cash Maverick :disapointed2se:

What an utter #### thing to say. I don't read half of what Bristol Boy posts, cos, I just can't be arsed, but, at least most of the time he makes sense.

You contribute about the same as me in truth, which, quite frankly is jack-all so if there are any posters that should be disappearing to improve this forum, you, like me are certainly well in that arena.

Your ego is writing cheques your body can't cash Maverick :disapointed2se:

:clapping::clapping::laugh:

Now look Giles, you've gone an upset someone else!

Just had a word with Colin and unfortneately it'll only be 19,500..Segregation, although the EE will be open to City fans only, not City fans because you know that lot, chavs to a man and they can't behave themselves like people do at the theatre.

Having said that at £60 a ticket we may not sell out-That's £30 POD plus interest, credit card surcharge and booking fee..........it does however include free parking that was previously free but they're still doing us a big favour by providing it and don't you forget it sunshine. :coat:

:laugh:.

In all fairness that really doe sunderline the strength of the squad we have, I use the BBC squad selector and have trouble picking a team - god knows how GJ does it.

Strange really how most leagues in Europe allow 7 substitutes to be names and our FA dosen't, surely this would help more English players get through in the Premiership as well as help us out with our current predicament!!!

Playing Devils Advocate here-does the above mean we have a strong squad or is there a lack of star quality/stand out players?

Just a thought.

I reckon pretty strong squad but one player seems to be ahead of everyone at the moment IMO. Marvin would be my first pick anyway. I'm tempted to ask who would yours be if you were the other captain but 22 posts later that would go on all night!

mccombe wont just walk back into the side as i thought he would.

I think he will.

If anything, GJ has proved with Basso that he has no problems replacing this years performers with the stalwarts of last years promotion winning backbone.

I think McCombe will be back in as soon as he's fit, regardless of how well Fontaine plays.

I reckon pretty strong squad but one player seems to be ahead of everyone at the moment IMO. Marvin would be my first pick anyway. I'm tempted to ask who would yours be if you were the other captain but 22 posts later that would go on all night!

For me a team unit needs a spine.Even great teams and managers need that-For example, take Chelsea & Mourihno

Cech, Terry, Lampard, Drogba-providing the other players are even half decent, you're not going to lose many with that lot.

City:Basso-Carey-Elliott-Trundle........not even in the same League, but coming along nicely.

Elliott has, without doubt been the most consistently impressive of our signings so far-however, he needs to improve his game away from home and whether that's in a change of formation or with a change of partner, remains to be seen.

I think he will.

If anything, GJ has proved with Basso that he has no problems replacing this years performers with the stalwarts of last years promotion winning backbone.

I think McCombe will be back in as soon as he's fit, regardless of how well Fontaine plays.

I agree and, IMHO, we'll need him at Coventry to counter Adebola.

I think he will.

I'm not so sure to be honest. Given Fontaine's form this season i think it will be unfair on him to drop him because McCombe has come back from injury. Especially seeing how Fontaine is going to be fresh after the 2 week break. McCombe will play this season but i don't think he will walk straigh back into the team.

Imagine them all lined up. The two captains toss a coin - Carey wins and takes first pick. Who does he pick? Clue His name is Marvin!

Actually wouldn't the coin get tossed and catch Brook's in the eye so he would have to go off and then Nobe's would bend down to pick it up and do his groin again?

Archived