IGNORED

Show The Exiles!

ciderup

As posted on the 'exiles' topic, let's list the reasons to love our City!

Great night life

Rural areas on our door step

The music

The wurzels.....?

Massive attack

The downs

Balloon fiesta

BLACKTHORN!!!!!!!!

Mild winters

Having the gas on your doorstep to laugh at

Taking your son to the metropolis that is Ashton Gate for the first time and watching his face

Oh and the most important one.... BRISTOL CITY F.C are here!

Don't know about you, but I am proud to be a Bristolian and glad I live in our fair City, where else in the UK is better than here?

Tell them what they are missing. Life without watching the City is horrible, I've tried it! :englandsmile4wf:

U REDS

Great night life

The music

The wurzels.....?

Massive attack

The downs

Balloon fiesta

BLACKTHORN!!!!!!!!

Mild winters

Taking your son to the metropolis that is Ashton Gate for the first time and watching his face

Don't know about you, but I am proud to be a Bristolian and glad I live in our fair City, where else in the UK is better than here?

Tell them what they are missing. Life without watching the City is horrible, I've tried it! :englandsmile4wf:

U REDS

oi...were not that bad,were getting a bit better. :disapointed2se:

Great night life

The music

The wurzels.....?

Massive attack

The downs

Balloon fiesta

BLACKTHORN!!!!!!!!

Mild winters

U REDS

You forgot to mention the thuggish youths that try starting on you within 5 minutes of leaving the car park simply for looking at them.... :disapointed2se: Not living in Bristol, I wasn't impressed when I decided to spend the day there last wednesday before the Man City game. Not a very safe place.

Broadmead, right in the middle of the shopping centre

Shopping centers all ove the country are magnets for thugs and yobs - its not exclusive to Bristol.

I love the City as well and the 2 years I spent exiled on the south coast in the 80's were a nightmare. Oddly enough the thing I missed most about this area was the unique accent. I used to get back for games at AG most of the time and it was those small exposures to the local people that kept me sane.

One of the best things I ever did was come back to the area.

I love the City as well and the 2 years I spent exiled on the south coast in the 80's were a nightmare. Oddly enough the thing I missed most about this area was the unique accent. I used to get back for games at AG most of the time and it was those small exposures to the local people that kept me sane.

The longest I've been away is just over 2 months when I was 16, went to Holland, France, Germany, Belguim for the summer. This was before mobile phones (!) and calls home were very rare.

I was never so glad to see Allied carpets at the end of the M32 and Bristol Bus station!!!

One thing though, only another Bristolian can really love our Bristol accent!!! :sun:

The longest I've been away is just over 2 months when I was 16, went to Holland, France, Germany, Belguim for the summer. This was before mobile phones (!) and calls home were very rare.

I was never so glad to see Allied carpets at the end of the M32 and Bristol Bus station!!!

One thing though, only another Bristolian can really love our Bristol accent!!! :sun:

Apparantly the bristolian accent is one of, if not the most hated/annoying accent in Britain.

Apparantly the bristolian accent is one of, if not the most hated/annoying accent in Britain.

One of.....presumably after Birmingham/Wolverhampton. Manchester, London/Estuary, the list is endless.

The squeaky scousers can get a bit tiresome too, just that they sound so comical they get away with it. :yes:

Shopping centers all ove the country are magnets for thugs and yobs - its not exclusive to Bristol.

Bristol is as good as anywhere in this country, but in saying that, if my situation was different i'd be away and gone and in another country, fed up with being ripped off everyway you turn and its getting worse, sad but true

I find when go back to Bristol and Weston (as from weston) the first thing i notice is the accent, its better than any that i will hear around Huntingdon. Even if just go to an away game makes a nice change to hear the accent for a couple of hours.

One of the best things I ever did was come back to the area. (..... ?)

erm, ... matter of opinion - topic for debate?? ;)

(couldnt resist, soz :) )

Great night life

The music

The wurzels.....?

Massive attack

The downs

Balloon fiesta

BLACKTHORN!!!!!!!!

Mild winters

U REDS

Wouldnt mind living in Sydney, although its not quite in the U.K. ........just down the road a bit............well otherside of the world actually :yes::sun: :sun: :sun:

It aint as bad as the spiv cockernneee/Laaaaaaaaaaaandaaaaaan or whiney Mankchester accents, trust me!. Pity some of ya are almost unintelligble with the thickest of accents.....

Archived