IGNORED

Tinmans Testimonial Game

94th Minute

Tins gets to line his pockets even more - sorry but I don't agree with overpaid players getting even more tax free from people who can afford it a hell of a lot less than the players
Still, better that than have it sitting in the pockets of someone who would blow it on cheap plonk and then metaphorically stagger about like the forum equivalent of Father Jack whilst swiping at people he is jealous of.

We live in a capitalist state. Some people will always have more money than others. I can think of few more deserving of a reward for their dedication, commitment and effort towards a cause that thousands care about than Tinman. Well, other than a washed up debt collector who retired early and blew too much cash on fancy trips across Europe and now finds himself short of a bob or 2.

Tins gets to line his pockets even more - sorry but I don't agree with overpaid players getting even more tax free from people who can afford it a hell of a lot less than the players
Ah, now I understand what you said :dunno:

That's a bit of a strange attitude. Do you disagree with people going to watch games even though they can afford it a hell of a lot less than the players?

No one's being forced to go to the game (apart from committed fans like me who feel duty bound to repay the service that Tins has given us for so many years).

Incidentally England, do you sit in the Williams stand? It's a theory I'm working on concerning the players attitude to pressure.

Don't go, then, and leave those of us who do want to show our appreciation, to get on with it, free from your bitterness. Ta.

Did you lot not know the money Tinman raises is going to the Bristol city fc Academy. Am i correct DaveL? this is what i have heard.
I wouldn't have thought so. Given that he has had maybe 8/9 years on very good wages and 8/9 years on pretty mediocre wages, I fail to see how he could be in a position to give the proceeds of his testimonial season away. Spread his career earnings out over that of a normal working life and I wouldn't mind betting that his average income is pretty modest. He certainly isn't in the realms of the likes of Niall Quinn who was getting probably more in a year than an average worker does in a 15 years and can well afford such gestures. No doubt Tins has a comfortable existence but it is certainly a long way from opulent. Besides, he gave the proceeds from his evening last year to the academy. Perhaps that is what you are thinking of?

I wouldn't have thought so. Given that he has had maybe 8/9 years on very good wages and 8/9 years on pretty mediocre wages, I fail to see how he could be in a position to give the proceeds of his testimonial season away. Spread his career earnings out over that of a normal working life and I wouldn't mind betting that his average income is pretty modest.

The latest proposals from Chancellor Broon / Inland Revenue (or somesuch headline-grabbing ninnies who think all footballers are like the ones they see on TV) make pretty grim reading for youngsters contemplating a career in the game too.

Apparently they are planning to scrap the regulation that currently allows retired full-time pros to claim their pensions at 35.

Did you lot not know the money Tinman raises is going to the Bristol city fc Academy. Am i correct DaveL? this is what i have heard.
You've heard wrong then Your Honour.

All proceeds from Tins game will go into his benefit fund, as was clearly stated at the launch of the testimonial year. Anybody who doesn't agree with that clearly has the choice of not attending any of the events which we are organising on Brian's behalf. Simple really.

Sorry we haven't been able to confirm details of when the Testimonial match will take place, but we will do so as soon as we are able. We're waiting to hear back from several teams who are only now thinking about confirming their schedules for next year.

As soon as we know, so will you.

Guest H Block Drum n' Bass

He should get the money, hes been a true servant of our club and a great player to watch play and kick the ball around. I still remember against Liverpool when he curled that shot in, yyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeesssssssssss!!!!!!

Archived