IGNORED

Was Carey That Bad?

I think Tinnion went through a pretty rough time! he even moaned about the fans in "Match" many years ago.

I remember that, not sure of the year but it was away to bahdiff and he came over infront of us to take a corner, and the abuse started, which then inturn almost sparked a red on red riot in the away end....the idots soon stoped the abuse once they saw the look tinman was giving them and the rest of us ready to turn on them....

It was after that match tinman complained

Mark

which suggests Carey went through a 'rough' patch about two years ago!!!

His form over last year and this has obviously erased all memory of this!

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...3&hl=054123

Any other players who had 'bad spells' but came out the other side???

I think a combination of Johnson's coaching and experience have made Carey into the class act he is today.There was a time when all he ever did was welly the ball aimlessly up the pitch. He was as predictable as night following day. He was soooo frustrating......

Thankfully he nor none of the defenders do that much now. Johnson obviously won't allow it.

Carey was always a good defender - even as a youngster but he's playing as well now as I've seen him.He's 'on the top his game' as they say.

towards the end of last season he was as good as any city defender I have seen at the gate (since 1989),

As he is on top of this game right now and will need to be for city to do well.

I do remember him dipping in form in particular a game in the micky mouse trophy final at Wembley!!

Names are bandied about as legends from all quarters, but Carey has served this club with distinction, bouncing back from adversity and showing leadership and tremendous character, a hometown boy playing for his club, year in year out.

Much improved since his misjudged sabbatical at Coventry, and the cornerstone of GJ's side.Top Bloke.

Louis Carey, I salute you!!!!

When he first came back, he was playing at right back and was so bad that I predicted he would be at Forest Green within 2 years. Cant remember him ever taking much stick from the fans though, other than collective groans at bad passes and hoofs up the field.

Thankfully GJ saw the light and moved him back to his best position of centre back and he has not looked back since. His partnership with Shaun Taylor in our promotion season was probably the best I have seen and last years partnership with McCombe came pretty close to that.

I could be wrong but I got the impression that he reacted quite badly initially to GJ's hand-grenade. His performance at Oldham when we lost 4-3 was so bad that we'd have done better with 10 men. Fortunately he seemed to come round to Johnson's ideas and the performances of himself and the team soon got back to the level you'd expect.

Of course I know nothing about what happened behind the scenes, I'm merely speculating based on what I saw on the pitch. It could have been completely different.

I think a combination of Johnson's coaching and experience have made Carey into the class act he is today.There was a time when all he ever did was welly the ball aimlessly up the pitch. He was as predictable as night following day. He was soooo frustrating......

Thankfully he nor none of the defenders do that much now. Johnson obviously won't allow it.

Carey was always a good defender - even as a youngster but he's playing as well now as I've seen him.He's 'on the top his game' as they say.

You're half right. Carey's dramatic improvement is obviously partly down to the excellent management and coaching from GJ, but remember our coach KM was in place during the disasterous Tinnion period too.

The key difference in Carey's game is the commitment and desire that is evident now. Without question he was coasting when his good friend Tins was in charge, you'd never see him flying into challenges like he does now.

Like the current England team, desire, commitment and hardwork have to be the backbone of any successful player or team.

I remember that, not sure of the year but it was away to bahdiff and he came over infront of us to take a corner, and the abuse started, which then inturn almost sparked a red on red riot in the away end....the idots soon stoped the abuse once they saw the look tinman was giving them and the rest of us ready to turn on them....

It was after that match tinman complained

Mark

I think those were the days when the Tinman seemed to spend half his time at least a foot off the pitch. Never worked out why?

Does anyone remember a penalty he took on a very cold wet midweek game that barely got to the goalkeeper?

Archived