IGNORED

More Crap Commentating.....

WesM

Is anyone else having their enjoyment of the Twenty20 World Cup ruined by the annoying West Indian commentator?

She puts the same annoying upward inflection on every statement and treats every shot like it's gone out of the ground.

Has trouble getting players names right and it's winding me up.

Is anyone else having their enjoyment of the Twenty20 World Cup ruined by the annoying West Indian commentator?

She puts the same annoying upward inflection on every statement and treats every shot like it's gone out of the ground.

One word stands out in your post -SHE :innocent06:

I watched the game and immediately took a dislike to her commentating. She didn't pick the stroke they were trying to play or understand why they were bowling into the body. I think I must be sexist.

However I also really dislike the rugby commentary so far. It just seems so amateur (and they are all men). Maybe i doubly sexist.

Or maybe it's just a matter of good or bad commentating.

Cricinfo has the best commentary by far.

I'm not trying to kick off a sexist debate, I'm just saying that the commentary was crap.

The fact she's a woman has nowt to do with it, honest.

Now where's that thread about MOTD........... :englandsmile4wf:

The commentator has got on my nerves, and i only really heard her in snipets of highlights. I'm so glad not been watching a whole game where she's been in the comm box as i think i'd have to stop watching as would do my nut in with how excitable she can get over a nothing shot.

upward inflection ....... is very American and or uk merchant bankers that wish to sound more interesting than they really are. like my old school chums wife......... she always speaks like that (with upward inflection)

It's like me typing?

After everything I type....... every thing sounds like a question...... clever way of doing things till you suss it.

Haven't heard her this time but if she's called Donna something then she has done TMS when we've been playing the Windies in the past. Seemed to be OK then. One thign I have noticed is even when the great Aggers and Boycs are on, the commentary lacks something. I guess the breakneck pace of Twenty20 leaves them with not much time to talk, and in any case, the lack of tactical interplay in such a short game means they have less to say about it anyway. Its more like football commentary than cricket.

Haven't heard her this time but if she's called Donna something then she has done TMS when we've been playing the Windies in the past. Seemed to be OK then. One thign I have noticed is even when the great Aggers and Boycs are on, the commentary lacks something. I guess the breakneck pace of Twenty20 leaves them with not much time to talk, and in any case, the lack of tactical interplay in such a short game means they have less to say about it anyway. Its more like football commentary than cricket.

Donna Symmonds.

Well respected cricket journalist in the Carribean.Its hardly her fault that she talks with a West Indian accent.

Archived