IGNORED

Pressure-free Football (first Time In 8 Yrs)

mrevans

Talking to a few people during and after the game yesterday and we all said how much we enjoyed the day.

Obviously, the result was key. 3-0 against Coventry was a fantastic result in anybody's book. I'd have definately taken a point if you'd offered it to me before the game.

Also, the weather, the amount of fans we took up, the atmosphere, the relatively short journey, the stadium, etc,etc, made it one of my best away days EVER!!!!!!!

I don't think that it's any coincidence that with this seasons lower expectations ie consolidation and a top half of the table finish. Of course we'd like to get promotion but most of us sane fans don't automatically expect it like maybe we did last season so there doesn't seem to be the same kind of pressure and weight of expectation on the players.

Who knows, maybe the play offs aren't beyond us as GJ mentioned in a Daily Mail article yesterday. Me persoally, I look at it as 11 points won, another 39 to go before we reach 50. If we reach that total, then we've every chance of staying up.

Happy Days!! And we've still got David Noble to come back as well.

Take a bow Gary, you deserve it. You've made all us long suffering City fans feel a whole lot better. Can't wait for Tuesday!

I don't think that it's any coincidence that with this seasons lower expectations ie consolidation and a top half of the table finish. Of course we'd like to get promotion but most of us sane fans don't automatically expect it like maybe we did last season so there doesn't seem to be the same kind of pressure and weight of expectation on the players.

Who knows, maybe the play offs aren't beyond us as GJ mentioned in a Daily Mail article yesterday. Me persoally, I look at it as 11 points won, another 39 to go before we reach 50. If we reach that total, then we've every chance of staying up.

Happy Days!! And we've still got David Noble to come back as well.

Can't wait for Tuesday!

Good post and absolutely right.

No doubt the players don't feel as much pressure/expectation on then as last season and that shows through in the way they are playing - with freedom and no fear of failure.

Long may it continue!

Archived