IGNORED

Flapper Getting Some Flack!

old_man_terry

Firstly sorry for mentioning Rovers and a Former player on the main site, but it is quite funny!!! though I expect this to get moved elsewhere......

few rovers fans are beginning to doubt Phillips already in this league, comments such as "his confidence has gone" "he needs to improve on crosses" "he's not commanding his area" "we need some decent backup for him in goal" and my fav.........starting to believe cityfans views about him?

oh and the "perhaps his best just isn't good enough for this league"

well we did tell them so, how long till he throws his dummy out and ends up back in League 2?

still at least we have to better keepers in Weale and Basso!..........now where is that championship table again!

http://www.brfcforum.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=66191

Funny really. I used to run Flapper down on this site 3 or 4 years ago under my old login of Dolman Moaner and apart from the odd person who agreed I would get absolutely slated for my views. People saying that using the very nickname was hurtful.

He has always been an average league 1 keeper in my opinion, a good shot stopper when he can be bothered to move, but the rest of his game has always been woeful, kicking poor (although has improved over the years) clueless on crosses, coming for them when he shouldn't and vice versa and his attitude stinks. Nothing has changed, he was the same when he was a City player and still is.

I think after the second goal he was looking round for Matty Hill to yell at.

Thank god we have basso

exactly! all those mistakes that Matt Hill kept making made Phillps looks bad! It was always Matt Hill's fault, just look at the 2 players and how they have done since leaving City........... :noexpression:

Funny really. I used to run Flapper down on this site 3 or 4 years ago under my old login of Dolman Moaner and apart from the odd person who agreed I would get absolutely slated for my views. People saying that using the very nickname was hurtful.

You weren't alone in slating Phillips. He was always overated imo. There,s far more to goalkeeping than pulling off the occaisional brilliant save.Unfortunately Phillips could never see that.

Phillips has been fine, room for improvement though dealing with crosses I think.

i try to stay positive but it has to be said anyone that has seen the gas this season must notice phillips looks like a different player this term, his confidence seems to have hit rock bttom for some reason, hope he sorts it out soon, starting to believe the s**theads predictions!

whilst I wouldn't replace him - I do think he has cost us a few goals this season

i will say that he does need to be more commanding in the box and his confidence looks lower than last season.

Phillips is very poor. Unfortunately for some people hes beyond criticism.

The JPT final, Lincoln in the play-offs, Crewe, Port Vale, West Ham and Saturday. He also dropped a ball at Oldham and was lucky to get away with it.

If were to do anything at this level we certainly need a better goalie, but i can't see that happening.

And i can tell you exactly what will happen, people will come on here and tell me i'm a s*** head or something, then he will cost us a goal again in one of our next 3 games, and then they will defend him again.

Archived