IGNORED

Trundle

formerly known as ivan

following on from robbored about sproule, i was going to post this earlier.

what are your opinions of trundle so far? is he looking a £1m player? was it money well spent or after the first 5 games do you think we paid well over the odds?

i personally think we need to bring him into the games more. play balls into his feet where you can do something. his 2 goals v scunny were outstanding, and theres been one or two moments of magic, but i think it is looking far from a £1m player so far.

still delighted we have him and think he will come good. i would guess at around 15 goals this season

following on from robbored about sproule, i was going to post this earlier.

what are your opinions of trundle so far? is he looking a £1m player? was it money well spent or after the first 5 games do you think we paid well over the odds?

i personally think we need to bring him into the games more. play balls into his feet where you can do something. his 2 goals v scunny were outstanding, and theres been one or two moments of magic, but i think it is looking far from a £1m player so far.

still delighted we have him and think he will come good. i would guess at around 15 goals this season

People don't realise that he's not all about goals on saterday evry ball played to him he controlled it and passed it on

The thing he brings to the team is that he draws players to him when the ball is played to him, which opens up space behind and to the side (just look at Brian Wilson's goal v sheffield). If you remember the Forst home game last year you'll know how much we needed someone like this last year. It's great knowing you have someone on the pitch who you know can create somthing from a simple ball played to his feet with a quick turn and shot (see S****horpe) and also the variety of skills he has to get past his marker to get the shot in (Blackpool)

From these incidents we can see the quality he brings to the side in the final third, and the reasons why he always has two markers on him in the opposition half

When he has taken us to the prem next year £1 million will seem a small and wise investment :shifty:

I personally believe that Trundle will play to his full potential when he begins to get the service he needs to play his game. It is no good playing the high ball up to him and hope to god that he works his magic because that 9 times out of 10 won't happen! What I will say though is even when Trundle wins the battle in the air he still manages to keep possesion most of the time....

LT's best performance came agaisnt Scunny and that was because he got the ball where and when he wanted it... Unfotunately teams will mark Trundle out of the game and to be quite honest that is not his fault. I personally think Trundle has done a good job for us thus far and when he gets the ball in the right areas he will soon prove his worth and his price tag! I hope :fingerscrossed:

The service he gets is vital to his performance....

Clevedon Red

Trundle is not all about fancy tricks which is what I thought about him when he was with the Jacks. He's does hold the ball up reasonably well and uses his clever feet to lay others in.He's full of flicks and touches. Very much a team player which obviously what Johnson saw in him.

Whether or not he's a million quids worth is another question.

Archived