IGNORED

Non City Fans

Br 1st ol

There seem to be more visitors than ever to our forum.

If you are non city, welcome, and please identify yourselves and add the following feedback.

Club supported

Reason for visiting the City forum

Prediction for forthcoming matches

Prediction for season

Your genuine observations of City.

If you are non city, welcome, and please identify yourselves and add the following feedback.

Club supported

Prediction for season

Tony8020

The Mighty Bristol Rovers

Because you 82'ers were coming on ours so I thought what the hell!

Honestly could say what your results will be, you are obviously capable of doing it, in all honesty I hope you dont.

I think you will win the playoffs

My genuine obvservation of the 82'ers is that you have a very unloyal fan base, I cant tell you the amount of people I speak to that say they will never watch you again after 1 defeat, I am a gas season ticket holder and will continue to be even if we are in the conference, I wonder if 82'er fans would say the same in the situation we are in?

You tell me?

Club supported

Prediction for season

Well I am a Rangers fan from Scotland, but since my mate Lee Miller signed for Bristol City I have made them my second team, althought this year they nearly became my first team!!

I think your luck is due to change against QPR, if and its a big if, Danny Wilson plays the team that is capable of winning the match, and not just play players who are his golden children.

If I'm being honest on reflection, a few weeks back I was already going to ask Lee to see his 2nd Division Winners Medal, as at the time you were beating everyone, and QPR & Plymouth were being to bottle it, but now they are through there bad patch, and you are right in yours, I think you will get the second automatic playoff place, IF you beat QPR on Saturday which i think you will. Lee Miller to score after coming off the bench, because Danny wont start him I dont think.

My observations of Bristol City as a whole is that its a good club to be involved with, never a dull moment, and an incredible fan base, which would put some so-called bigger teams to shame i would bet. The hospitality shown by some City fans when we were down for the Oldham game was very nice and was appreciated.

So I guess thats it, am I accepted Br 1st ol ???

season ticket holder and will continue to be even if we are in the conference, I wonder if 82'er fans would say the same in the situation we are in?

I have bought a season ticket for the last few years and will continue to do so no matter what.

I personally feel it is not a case of unloyalty; purely that a large amount of our fan base appear to think we have a divine right to be playing at a higher level.

Although I wouldn't want it to happen, I think a spell in the 3rd or the Conference would do a large contingent of City fans a world of good. Some need to remember how bad things do get.

We have had a good couple of seasons now where the majority of fans who attend home matches have grown more accustomed to wins than defeats. IF we do go up, they might have to get a bit more used to the reverse side of that!

All too often, booing or total lack of atmosphere is prominent in games when we are under the cosh or losing. The days of supporting your team no matter what have been forgotten at the Gate especially! :dunno:

Neo - spot on with many of your comments.................

I personally feel it is not a case of unloyalty; purely that a large amount of our fan base appear to think we have a divine right to be playing at a higher level.

agree 100%, whilst I know we all have aspirations, it does seem that many fans believe we should be in 1st Div as of right - now I'm sure many other fans from Shef Weds, Hull City, West Ham, Sunderland etc etc feel exactly the same (they should be in a higher division). But as we all know that isn't how football works and of course leads to great disappointment amongst fans every year.

Although I wouldn't want it to happen, I think a spell in the 3rd or the Conference would do a large contingent of City fans a world of good. Some need to remember how bad things do get.

not sure I'd go that far, but I get your point.

We have had a good couple of seasons now where the majority of fans who attend home matches have grown more accustomed to wins than defeats. IF we do go up, they might have to get a bit more used to the reverse side of that!

WHEN we go up, I'm sure you're right - we will lose more at home and some fans will find that really tough.

All too often, booing or total lack of atmosphere is prominent in games when we are under the cosh or losing. The days of supporting your team no matter what have been forgotten at the Gate especially! :dunno:

Maybe we should try and resurrect it for the last few games? Sometimes it is almost as frustrating to hear our own fans reaction to the game, as the game is itself :D

My genuine obvservation of the 82'ers is that you have a very unloyal fan base, I cant tell you the amount of people I speak to that say they will never watch you again after 1 defeat, I am a gas season ticket holder and will continue to be even if we are in the conference, I wonder if 82'er fans would say the same in the situation we are in?

I think you will find that many people say this but they still actually continue watching and it is a Bristolians' natural negativity that wont allow them to look too far ahead (and past experience of the City bottling it)

:P

I have bought a season ticket for the last few years and will continue to do so no matter what.

well said Neo, never let it be said I dont applaud an 82'er talking sense

Why are you still calling us '82ers when many of City's fans will neither know nor care what that means? We were down then, we are up now. 22 years is a long time in football. You should know.
82'ers cause thats how long you have been going, call us 1883'ers if you like!

82'ers lalala

Why are you still calling us '82ers when many of City's fans will neither know nor care what that means? We were down then, we are up now. 22 years is a long time in football. You should know.
I would argue most City fans know all too well why we are called '82er's as it was such a major time in our recent history :laugh:

If you think it's irrelevant, then surely calling the gas "the gas" is kinda dated?

I would argue most City fans know all too well why we are called '82er's as it was such a major time in our recent history :laugh:

If you think it's irrelevant, then surely calling the gas "the gas" is kinda dated?

I wasn't really arguing that it was irrelevant, it's just that you don't hear us use it commonly nowadays; and this muppet is using it in every sentence like it's supposed to piss us off.

and in 1939 you had to reapply for league status after finishing bottom of the league.

39'ers has an equal ring to it :P

Surely not, we'd never been in the basement before these last few years.

Oh I support Bristol Rovers.

I am here for debate and banter.

I think you will beat QPR, but still end up in the play offs.

I don't like BCFC82 very much! :P

Guest qprjack

Club supported - QPR

Reason for visiting the City forum - Find out some info for saturday, where to avoid, etc.

Prediction for forthcoming matches - I think it'll be a 2-2 draw, but i hope we'll win

Prediction for season - I think QPR will get second, and bristol come third. With the new players you recently signed i think it'll be enough to get you through the play-offs

Your genuine observations of City. - Good side, espcially since the 3 new signings.

Guest QPRFC

its all in the badge ............. lose this city and its lights out .......... plus this is quite a good chat room ........... good luck city

its all in the badge ............. lose this city and its lights out .......... plus this is quite a good chat room ........... good luck city
cheers - it does seem to be a much better used forum than many - I have had a look at a few and they are dead!

good luck to you too, as long as you're the ones in the play offs not us :laugh:

Guest emmasam

Club = QPR

Reason for site visit = To gauge feelings of BC supporters, catch any gossip going and to get in the mood for Saturday.

Sat Prediction = 1-2

Observations of City = Play good football and a credit to Div 2

If passion of fans for their club counts for anything, then both clubs deserve Div 1

next season

Club supported

Prediction for season

Swindon Town FC

Visit to exchange views with other div 2 fans. Compared to the rest of the divisions m/b's this is one of the better ones!

I believe Swindon have enough firepower to out-gun City next week!

I believe will go up via playoffs.

Potential large club with large fan base. Under achieving if you want me to be honest. Not sure if DW is the man for the job.

Guest Kojak

Club supported

Prediction for season

Club supported: Swindon

Reason for visiting the City forum: Consider me in the same light you would a scout

Prediction for forthcoming matches: QPR 1 vs 1 You/Town 2 vs 0 You/Plmuff 2 vs 2 You (the only ones that I'm really interested in anyway)

Prediction for season: You will finish 4th

Your genuine observations of City: Not a bad side, can't handle the pressure and the quitest fans in the division.

Club supported: Argyle

Reason for visiting the City forum: checking the attitude of rival fans to promotion race and ticket situation.

Prediction for forthcoming matches:

BCFC 1 QPR 2

STFC 1 BCFC 2

BCFC 0 PAFC 0

Prediction for season: Top 4 as they are now

Your genuine observations of City:

Top quality youth system let down by mediocre management and short term thinking from the boardroom. Plenty of long suffering fans whose reputation is tarnished by larger than average burb section. Putting them on both sides of away fans is just a bit too much like Cardiff tactics for my liking.

the quitest fans in the division.
Your not exactly loud are you mate. At your ground last season i couldnt here a thing from your fans , but maybe that was because there were more of us than there wer of you! This season you were loud(ish) at our ground but nothing 400 away fans couldnt do with the accoustics of the away end.

Archived