IGNORED

Is Basso Superman?

sexy city chick

I cannot remember the last time a keeper made such a great save that loads of people stood up to applaud, but that happened tonight in the Williams. He was incredible, as he was against Coventry. He did spil a few, but only because they were very tough to get to. He not only made a lot of superb saves, but he actually caught a large proportion of them. He was also very commanding and quick of his line. There was one mix up with a defender, but apart from that he kept us in that excellent game tonight.

On the radio they seemed to be implying that he was a bit shakier than normal tonight seeming to spill the ball a few times? Sounds like the competition between the keepers is bringing the best out of Basso and previously Weale!

Radio bris are not fans of Basso for some reason, make no mistake he was fantastic, at least 3 unbelievable saves

On the radio they seemed to be implying that he was a bit shakier than normal tonight seeming to spill the ball a few times? Sounds like the competition between the keepers is bringing the best out of Basso and previously Weale!

Well, the radio commentators were totally wrong.

Basso made four or five absolutely exceptional saves tonight (and Kiely made several too!). There was one moment of miscommunication between him and Carey that nearly went awry but he more than made up for it and I really don't know how he got to some of those.

Wait til you see the highlights, you will be in awe.

also that ball when hit hard moves in then out then back in again so it makes the keepers look bad, I'm not just saying this because I'm City but on current form i would rather have Basso than Paul Robinson and i was one of Bassos main critics, I slaughtered him and he has well and truley shoved my words back down my throat!

Brizzles number one, Brizzles Brizzles number one

(Brizzle said like Brazil.....do you see where I'm heading with this?....oh God somebody make me go to bed!)

He may be superman Dolls but C'mon the guy already has two songs. Think 3 may be a slight bit greedy.

Did anyone notice Naylor in the Ayteo stand first half. Presumably he was shouting to Basso and keeping an eye on things. I know Ive mentioned it before but not enough credit goes to Naylor. His goal coaching skills have made Basso develop from a non-league keeper to a great championship keeper in less than two years. Remember that Basso is into his 30s which is late to peak as a player. If he carries on this way he will last another 10 years!! Well done Basso you played a blinder tonight!

• Admin
I'm suprised no one has mentioned his bravery. He'll dive at players feet when a lot of keepers would bottle it.

BASSO FOR BRAZIL!!!!!!!

That may have been said with tongue slightly in cheek but if he continues to perform like this, is there really 3 better Brazilian goalkeepers than him?

Say a Prem side came along in January and asked us what we wanted for him, I'd be dissapointed if it wasn't a 7 figure sum.

I got the feeling that whenever Basso parried the ball it was described as 'spilled'. I agree based on the commentary he would have had a mare!

I got the feeling that whenever Basso parried the ball it was described as 'spilled'. I agree based on the commentary he would have had a mare!

It seemed that way..they gave the impression that he was parrying it first and then gathering the ball in but seemed to be worrying that he may parry it to an advancing striker. But they did give him credit for a top drawer save he made and also for Kiely's save from Sproule saying that the whole ground was just about to celebrate, and that Sproule was visibly shaking his head at half time wondering how the hell he got to it!

Don't think that Radio Bristol are Anti-Basso though far from it...just they seemed to imply that he was slightly shakier than his usual fantastic self, and this was mainly just in the first half! Judging by the comments on here though he was ace!!! To sum up City's fantastic start so far we could sum up using the philosophies of the great man...'Always Believe'........seems that is what the boys are doing right now!! They are all competing at 110% to prove that we warrant our place at this level and aren't just here to make up the numbers!! I've never been more proud of a Bristol City team than this current one right now!!

Archived