IGNORED

Is Basso Superman?

sexy city chick

I listened to the commentary and they certainly weren't negative to Basso, they just pointed out that in previous games he had looked a little more composed, i.e holding the ball not parrying then diving on it, he clearly had another good game. One thing they did mention was that in pre match conversation with Basso, he put his agility down to the way that Brazilian goalkeepers train. Apparently jumping is one of the main focuses of training over there whilst here it is diving. This would go some way to explain our no1's prowess between the sticks.

Well, the radio commentators were totally wrong.

Basso made four or five absolutely exceptional saves tonight (and Kiely made several too!). There was one moment of miscommunication between him and Carey that nearly went awry but he more than made up for it and I really don't know how he got to some of those.

Wait til you see the highlights, you will be in awe.

Basso has improved game by game, to a level which all of us can only dream about!!!!!

It shows why Arsenal took him as he must have shown the potential.

And even better he cost us sweet fa, which by my reckoning, the club have another million pound player.

The only shots Basso spilled (two or three of them) were the ones at full stretch that most keepers wouldn't have got to anyway. If that's what the commentators were criticising him for they were being extremely harsh. He gathered every single one before it was a problem.

Basso has always been one of my heros. I love how he plays the game and the showmanship and entertainment he brings to it. Ok I'm a bit biased, as I really never liked Phillips and his continual moaning. For me Basso has been a breath of fresh air. We've had shaky times with him too, but lets face it if he was without fault, and which keeper is, he wouldn't have come to us.

My kids and I met him out shopping with his wife pre-season. We had a good chat and found him throughly friendly and a likeable person. This was before squad numbers were announced and there was a lot in the press about Weale being fit and ready. I asked Basso if he thought he would be no1 this season. He said "yes of course. I am number 1, you must always believe you are the number 1 and you will succeed". All said with a huge smile on his face.

I can see how he must be a huge source of inspiration and motivation to the squad. I'm told when he first arrived many of the youngsters didn't like training with him as he worked them so hard and always pushing them to do better and improve themselves. The fact is they have all moved on, many didn't make the grade and Basso himself is in goal at the club who are currently topping the Championship!

Some knock him for his religious beliefs, but hey if it works for him who are they to judge.

IMO every game ive been to see basso has played fantastic... I'm convinced he is superman..

You never saw him when he was first brought to the club then. He was a bit shaky then but since then he has been fantastic. His performance last night was amazing and I was often asking myself how he made the saves he did. Not suprised he got the MOTM award. He was immense. Just gets better and better.

Archived