IGNORED

Felt We Showed That We Are For Real Tonight

ashtonphil

Just returned from an exciting game of football at AG. Have to say that after tonight I honestly think that we will do well (i.e. exceed pre season expectations).. I doubt if a better team will visit Mecca this season and we battled well, played some good stuff and held on to our unbeaten record... Trundle had his best game (at home) for City and Wilson looked lively and Ivan's speed scared them sh&tless.

Defensively sound in the middle...

I know its only 6 games but do we now have to reassess our targets for the season - as I think that's what GJ does after 10....

Another 3pts on Saturday and the bar will be raised higher again...

Did Mowbray look a sour faced so n so at the end or what??

Thoughts please....

What an advertisement for Championship football. Two teams really knocking the ball about, although at times I wish we held on to the ball better and also got on top of Greening earlier cause he just makes west brom tick. City never gave in and I was so proud of their 110% effort which led to the equaliser. don't think we will see a better side than them come to the gate this season and it puts us nicely back on top of the pile!

I do wish carey would stop giving the ball away so dangerously after doing an amazing tackle or interception!! :bruce_h4h: Oh and how bloody fast is Ivan...if only we gave him slightly better service and got the ball into trundles feet more, i reckon we could have scored earlier.

Rock on the red n white army though :winner_third_h4h:

A brilliant game tonight that was a notch up from anything we have seen for some time, I thought. West Brom contributed to a great game and had a lot of possession at times without being able to break down city's strong defence with every player in red throwing himself in to tackles for the cause. Both keepers made spectacular saves and city's never-give-up attitude was shown again with the equaliser. If only the referee had spotted a handball on the edge of the box we might have sneaked a win. Thopught Orr's booking was unfair. How come their players could stroll slowly back to restart the game after celebrating with their fans blatantly wasting time when Orr gets punished for running the length of the field in 1.4 seconds!

I agree with everyone; a great game. I would like to see Speedy Gonzales Sproule play on the wing, running at defenders. I don't think that he is as comfortable up front and we might be under-utilising him. He actually said on the radio tonight that he is having to adjust to the position, as he isn't used to it. Maybe Byfield will be ready for a start up front soon. We might need Sproule on the wing on Saturday anyway after McIndoe's injury. I would rather see him there than Scott who had a quieter game tonight, possibly due to having to track back a lot.

Cracking game, Have to say I thought WBA looked a quality side as I expected they would but we competed well and never gave up.

Trundle looked awesome at times but also frustrated on occasions - Unlucky not to score tonight. Sproule was dangerous though I think he'd be better used on the wing. Fontaine was quality again as was elliott. I thought we missed the natural left sided width that Mcindoe gives us when he went off, Hopefully its not long term.

Ive a feeling that Burnley saturday will be just as tough and must not be under-estimated.

Well done lads, Keep it up.

What an advertisement for Championship football. Two teams really knocking the ball about, although at times I wish we held on to the ball better and also got on top of Greening earlier cause he just makes west brom tick. City never gave in and I was so proud of their 110% effort which led to the equaliser. don't think we will see a better side than them come to the gate this season and it puts us nicely back on top of the pile!

I do wish carey would stop giving the ball away so dangerously after doing an amazing tackle or interception!! :bruce_h4h: Oh and how bloody fast is Ivan...if only we gave him slightly better service and got the ball into trundles feet more, i reckon we could have scored earlier.

Rock on the red n white army though :winner_third_h4h:

He got a Champions League winners medal don't you know.

The game last night had to be the best game i have ever seen. It had everything. End-to-end, last gasp goal, dodgy refereeing decisions, great last ditch saves, etc. West Brom played some great one touch football at times and looked very quick. Great advert for the championship and hopefully we can be involved in more games like that this season but get the 3 points...

YOU REDS

The game last night had to be the best game i have ever seen.

I wouldn't go that far but it was indeed a top notch game of football played by two teams that both wanted the three points.I was impressed with WBA.They have quality all over the pitch and played some very nice stuff.In truth City had to really battle to live with them.

If the Baggies can turn out performances like that each week then they'll be back in the Prem next season.

It was the spirit within the squad that earned us a point last night.In times gone by many City teams would have rolled over after conceding but not this one.They were determined not to get beat and that showed through with their fantanstic fighting spirit. All the team gave their all.I'll bet they were exhausted after the game.

If teams were promoted on effort and fighting spirit alone - City would be up by now.

Archived