IGNORED

When Was The Last Time

Nibor

I can't remember the last time I was so chuffed with drawing at home. It might have been against Liverpool or Forest it was that long ago. I think perhaps the reason I was so pleased was because I was finally convinced that we can live with anyone in the Championship. Sure, we'll have our off days and we'll get beaten but you can count the number of better sides we'll see at Ashton Gate this season on the fingers of one hand.

West Brom's 16 players cost over £16m to assemble. Their passing and technique was good as was their organisation and some of the one touch stuff they played was quality. On that showing they will definitely be up there at the end and they didn't seem to have suffered one bit from selling Koumas, Davies and Kamara. But we matched them.

We played with fantastic commitment and energy. We might not have been as pretty but we played some good stuff too and our workrate more than made up for it. To claw back a thoroughly deserved equaliser at the death just shows the belief that GJ and KM have instilled in the side, and the tactical throw of the dice worked perfectly. Congratulations to everyone at the club, long may it continue.

I thoroughly enjoyed tonight's game, it was a spectacle and both sides and the ref who I thought was exceptionally good should take credit for that. I love being in the Championship.

100% agree, it was sensational stuff, the Baggies are a top side and sometimes it does everyone good to acknowledge that our opponents are top notch (that's why the stupid booing of the substitution of the excellent Kevin Phillips made no sense at all to me).

We competed throughout, played good football ourselves and although we had our slice of fortune to gain a point, we did so on the back of collective team ethic and belief, so great credit goes to GJ and his players.

100% agree, it was sensational stuff, the Baggies are a top side and sometimes it does everyone good to acknowledge that our opponents are top notch (that's why the stupid booing of the substitution of the excellent Kevin Phillips made no sense at all to me).

We competed throughout, played good football ourselves and although we had our slice of fortune to gain a point, we did so on the back of collective team ethic and belief, so great credit goes to GJ and his players.

Well were hardly going to clap him are we?

And the boos around me was for who was coming on rather than who was going off.

100% agree as well, myself and an old guy I who has a ST but is only using it for the bigger games were saying tonight after about 20-30mins that West Brom looked a top top quality team and we would do VERY WELL to get a point from the game,

they just looked a better alround team in parts and on another day (if not for Basso) could have scored 3/4 tonight, however it shows that although maybe not technically West Brom's equals, if we keep our concentration throughout the game and the team continue to show the passion and 110% effort in games we will be able to compete well in this league.

Can't remember a game at the gate before where I have seen so many players throw themselves in front of the ball.

Going 1-0 down was always going to happen, but as Johnson said, they showed the fight and came back get the point!!!

The truth is most of us are just glad to be in this division and are hopefully going to enjoy the ride, with low expectations.

Tonight we were up against a very good side, almost premiership standard, and every player battled, as they did Saturday, and I am in no doubt would have got applauded even if we had lost. The equaliser was the icing on the cake and thoroughly deserved on effort.

There is a growing belief around the Gate and at the moment the Club is performing above anybodies expectations, lets enjoy the moment and cheer every point we gain, they may well be useful come May. :fingerscrossed:

• Admin
I can't remember the last time I was so chuffed with drawing at home.

I love being in the Championship.

I'd love to write several pages of intelligent prose, but I'll make do with agreeing, we are the new boys to the division, I'd have been happy with with the draw, but for most of the game we matched them, £30M parachute payment - are they really worth that much??

• Admin

I assumed it stemmed from a cynical dive (which the referee bought) in front of the Atyeo in the firt half.

I can't remember the last time I was so chuffed with drawing at home. It might have been against Liverpool or Forest it was that long ago. I think perhaps the reason I was so pleased was because I was finally convinced that we can live with anyone in the Championship. Sure, we'll have our off days and we'll get beaten but you can count the number of better sides we'll see at Ashton Gate this season on the fingers of one hand.

West Brom's 16 players cost over £16m to assemble. Their passing and technique was good as was their organisation and some of the one touch stuff they played was quality. On that showing they will definitely be up there at the end and they didn't seem to have suffered one bit from selling Koumas, Davies and Kamara. But we matched them.

We played with fantastic commitment and energy. We might not have been as pretty but we played some good stuff too and our workrate more than made up for it. To claw back a thoroughly deserved equaliser at the death just shows the belief that GJ and KM have instilled in the side, and the tactical throw of the dice worked perfectly. Congratulations to everyone at the club, long may it continue.

I thoroughly enjoyed tonight's game, it was a spectacle and both sides and the ref who I thought was exceptionally good should take credit for that. I love being in the Championship.

I agreed entirely with your post till the final paragraph.

The referee was not exceptionally good. IMO he was exceptionally poor.

Virtually everyy 50/50 decision was given to WBA.

Blatant shirt pulling by WBA defenders on numerous occasions was ignored, as were two or three blatant handballs.

Elliott was booked for a foul no worse than previously committed by WBA players.

Orr was booked for over-celebrating. Craig Beattie over-acts by faking a major injury only to rise from the dead seconds later, but this only warrants a few words from the ref.

Very inconsistant and very poor.

I can't remember the last time I was so chuffed with drawing at home. It might have been against Liverpool or Forest it was that long ago.

0-0 v Fulham immediately after the Ashton 8 had left was met with "rapturous applause". That game meant City were still here.

Last night however means we are not just coping at this level, but succeedding.

Archived